Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

lawm

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:06 pm

I have found an abandoned shack with a campfire going so far. No bigfoot or no whisky still yet.
I've had so many great ideas with this map. Get the sleep trigger mailboxes and place at a starter home in town and cut firewood or mow and collect the clippings to feed into the stationary bale machine. Or start at that cabin. So many options to this map!
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

I have really enjoyed it myself. Got me off Stone Valley for the time being. Great map!
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The more I learn about this map, the more I really do appreciate it. The fact that this is AJFarmer's first map. They has been working on it for 2 year, which I just want to say something about that. I can't tell this took a lot of time. You just look at things and think, "Wow, some time was put into making this area just right." This next comment is in no way meant to be disrespectful to other modders, But I personally find this map the most fun American map to play on, akin to South Mountain Creamery was on 17. I will continue to fanboy AJFarmer over this map, because I want them to know how much I personally appreciate the work that went into this map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

Dude.... thank you for this map! I needed this map to replace the bucks County update that won't be coming. 👏👍👍
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Changelog 1.1.0.0:
-Changed map features description
-Custom crop textures added
-Bushes all Season Ready
-Trees now all Seasons ready
-Trees around main farm can be cut
-Trees on all farms and buyable lot in town can be cut
-Trees in Forestry area can all be cut
-Fixed various floating trees
-Fixed "Terrain cannot be deformed here" when using landscape mode and placables
-Added paintable bush and five decofoilage for landscape mode
-Snow mask now removed if main farm buildings sold
-Junk back of Easy Shed on main farm can be Sold
-All workshop decorations can now be sold with workshop
-Added Workshop Mod and Junk store image
-Adjusted ambient sounds
-Bga land price reduced
-Widened BGA entrance
-Widened main farm white fence openings
-Buckley Farm now purchasable with field 9
-Field 9 and Main Farm price reduced
-Adjusted Farmland border between fields 2 & 11
-Fixed West map border wall
-Fixed T junction road texture
-Reduced slot count
-Lengthened train
-New Save Required

Here is the change log for Griffin Indiana 19 being reviewed by Giants
I made few more changes Sunday so hopefully everything passes. I will continue testing Seasons: Geo Griffin Indiana 19. That should be ready for download this week.
Thanks, to all for suggestions and compliments. Thanks a million to TheSuBBie for helping sort out slot count, and "Terrain cannot be deformed here" error.
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:25 pm Changelog 1.1.0.0:
-Changed map features description
-Custom crop textures added
-Bushes all Season Ready
-Trees now all Seasons ready
-Trees around main farm can be cut
-Trees on all farms and buyable lot in town can be cut
-Trees in Forestry area can all be cut
-Fixed various floating trees
-Fixed "Terrain cannot be deformed here" when using landscape mode and placables
-Added paintable bush and five decofoilage for landscape mode
-Snow mask now removed if main farm buildings sold
-Junk back of Easy Shed on main farm can be Sold
-All workshop decorations can now be sold with workshop
-Added Workshop Mod and Junk store image
-Adjusted ambient sounds
-Bga land price reduced
-Widened BGA entrance
-Widened main farm white fence openings
-Buckley Farm now purchasable with field 9
-Field 9 and Main Farm price reduced
-Adjusted Farmland border between fields 2 & 11
-Fixed West map border wall
-Fixed T junction road texture
-Reduced slot count
-Lengthened train
-New Save Required

Here is the change log for Griffin Indiana 19 being reviewed by Giants
I made few more changes Sunday so hopefully everything passes. I will continue testing Seasons: Geo Griffin Indiana 19. That should be ready for download this week.
Thanks, to all for suggestions and compliments. Thanks a million to TheSuBBie for helping sort out slot count, and "Terrain cannot be deformed here" error.
Awesome! Thanks a lot buddie.
So I suppose you submitted it to Giants today? Let’s hope it will be a quick review and we can play the updated version soon 😃

Thanks again. 👍🏻
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Cant wait to get back to this map as soon as the update is released. New favorite map on the mod hub. Thanks AJFarmer!
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:25 pm ...Thanks, to all for suggestions and compliments. Thanks a million to TheSuBBie for helping sort out slot count, and "Terrain cannot be deformed here" error.
The Subbie pretty awesome. It's nice to see map modders helping one another.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

On side note for you music lovers and history buffs, not to far from Griffin there was a music fest in 1972 that was a lot like Woodstock. People parked all over the Interstate you see on map blocking it and walked about 5 miles to get to it. :lol:
Check out the link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Cana ... p_Festival
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

chedly_farms wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm The more I learn about this map, the more I really do appreciate it. The fact that this is AJFarmer's first map. They has been working on it for 2 year, which I just want to say something about that. I can't tell this took a lot of time. You just look at things and think, "Wow, some time was put into making this area just right." This next comment is in no way meant to be disrespectful to other modders, But I personally find this map the most fun American map to play on, akin to South Mountain Creamery was on 17. I will continue to fanboy AJFarmer over this map, because I want them to know how much I personally appreciate the work that went into this map.
I agree, the detail in the town is amazing. Looks like small town usa. Great map AJfarmer
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
lawm

Post by lawm »

Not many mods submitted for testing on list so fingers crossed it goes smoothly in testing. I'm boarding Chedly fanboy bus too. All aboard! Thanks ajFarmer!
Joeb33

Post by Joeb33 »

I love that we have a map creator that listens to the feed back, I was really missing the custom crop textures and some other little things hearing that some will be fixed now will re-engage me in this map. Been looking for a replacement to Stone Valley and I think this will fit in for me. Plus its nice to have a great detailed map on console.
Xbox user
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

The update 1.1.0.0 that is in review is showing a slot count of 463 with everything sold and apx. 470 on new farmer. Now this could change when Giants releases it. The only way I believe I can lower on future updates is remove buildings and props. This is something I do not want to really do.
For you Console players are these numbers workable? & can anyone tell me the numbers you are showing for 1.0.0.0
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 pm I am curious of how the console players are addressing placeable issues, as a PC user I use Global Company from Giants Modhub. Without that mod I just flatten terrain and it works fine. Is this different for consoles?
The terrain is real data so it rolls and hardly flat. That's what causes it and there is no fix from what I can tell. Sorry, I have thread over in Modders helping Modders section asking this question but no response, and I had a lot of console players asking me for a fix.
For me, on One-X, there is sometimes a brief opening when you first load into the map, you can place one thing and it will place just fine. After that I get the terrain cannot be deformed here message.
Normally I'll place a large building, so it flattens off a big area. Then I can place smaller stuff on the flattened area.
It's a tedious way of doing it, but it will eventually allow me to build my own farm.
Took me 5 hours to get the initial layout.

Anything less than 500 slots works for me, I only do start from scratch and build my own farm that's usually around 200 slots.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:43 am
ajFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:16 pm I am curious of how the console players are addressing placeable issues, as a PC user I use Global Company from Giants Modhub. Without that mod I just flatten terrain and it works fine. Is this different for consoles?
The terrain is real data so it rolls and hardly flat. That's what causes it and there is no fix from what I can tell. Sorry, I have thread over in Modders helping Modders section asking this question but no response, and I had a lot of console players asking me for a fix.
For me, on One-X, there is sometimes a brief opening when you first load into the map, you can place one thing and it will place just fine. After that I get the terrain cannot be deformed here message.
Normally I'll place a large building, so it flattens off a big area. Then I can place smaller stuff on the flattened area.
It's a tedious way of doing it, but it will eventually allow me to build my own farm.
Took me 5 hours to get the initial layout.

Anything less than 500 slots works for me, I only do start from scratch and build my own farm that's usually around 200 slots.
All the terrain issues are fixed in 1.1.0.0 update. In my testing I could raise or lower terrain on the the whole map and place placeables everywhere you owned land, you will have a few areas touch up terrain work but you have to talk to Giants about that LOL. The pause probably won't change as there are a lot of geometric shapes on the map to load. I have heard 500 max is ok so that puts me at ease, Hopefully it doesn't change much on release.