Quick mod question about the JD 466 round baler

Bryan83

Quick mod question about the JD 466 round baler

Post by Bryan83 »

Could someone please tell me if a standard round bale collector will pick up the 7500L bales, or do I need a special one? More specifically, I was thinking of using one of the round bale self loaders from the Anderson DLC.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
juf.de

Re: Quick mod question about the JD 466 round baler

Post by juf.de »

i do not know that baler, but the Anderson bale collectors only accept bales that are 1.12m wide and have a diameter of 1.3m. Same goes for the Ursus aswell.

If you are on PC you can open the <modname>.xml of that baler and search for

Code: Select all

<baleTypes>
, there you will find the width and diameter.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

The size in liter usually doesn't matter for the trailer... Its the dimensions of the bale that's being picked up that matters if I'm not mistaken
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Tranceformer81

Post by Tranceformer81 »

When it first came out MrSealyP covered it on his mod review and he tested whether a bale wrapper picked it up and wrapped it so I assume the trailers are the same.

6 mins in:
https://youtu.be/aGYy0xj8Hjg
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

On console, and thank you for the replies. I guess I'll just have to give it the old trial and error method.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Newholland T8

Post by Newholland T8 »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:22 am On console, and thank you for the replies. I guess I'll just have to give it the old trial and error method.
Don’t worry Bryan I use that baler and it works with the standard round bale loaders so you’ll be fine, think there might be an update coming for it soon because when you power on the baler there’s no sound coming from it only the tractor revs
If it’s not blue then it just won’t do!
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Could always Download the mod test map to try it out as there are fields with straw swaths ready to bale.