Plow, lime and weeds. Are they active in your game?

Paco_86

Plow, lime and weeds. Are they active in your game?

Post by Paco_86 »

Hello! In fs19 we have 3 optional things: plow, lime and bad weeds. Which ones usually do you have activated in your game?. And, if you use the plow option, do you prefer plow or subsoiler? Thanks.
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
DEERE317

Re: Plow, lime and weeds. Are they active in your game?

Post by DEERE317 »

With seasons and PF I have all activated (and weeds at maximum intensity.)
For plowing I run the Case IH Ecolo-Til 2500 inline ripper by ARM-Team. Ingame it leaves a plowed texture and IRL there’s a reason inline rippers are nicknamed “No till rippers”, they leave almost no ground disturbance even though they lift a large amount of soil into the air (essentially a “wave” of soil, which fractures hard pans, a bit like trying to bend glass)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:05 am Hello! In fs19 we have 3 optional things: plow, lime and bad weeds. Which ones usually do you have activated in your game?. And, if you use the plow option, do you prefer plow or subsoiler? Thanks.
Hi Paco, in my case, playing on PS5, I typically play FS19 maps with the following settings:
Weeds = Off
Plowing = On
Lime = On
I typically try to use the John Deere Plow if/when possible (not due to brand, but for the wider work width it gives as compared to the other console plow & subsoiler options, 12m <?>, I’m drawing a blank at the moment on the working width, sorry).
I’m not recommending these settings or the JD plow - I’m just saying these are what I typically use myself.

Happy farming! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I have all 3 on, and as far as which I prefer, it depends on the save. I really like that 10.5 m plow on large fields, but lately the square edge of the subsoiler has appealed to me because it's easier for AI workers to manage.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I always play with Seasons and always with all three on. I tend to use the Lizard 6m subsoiler the first year, when typically every field needs ploughing and then a mouldboard plough to plough after those crops that make it necessary.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

all of them and the plantwithering is on aswell (didn't used to be but i changed that) i tend to use a subsoiler more then a plow because why not?
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Plowing - On
Lime - Debatable, but usually On (don't do it IRL though)
Weeds - I've turned them on for Precision Farming so I can spray after I plant using fertilizer.

For plowing, I use big chisel-style cultivators like a 2410 5 section to get the job done
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Plowing on
Lime is on, put it on the fall after harvest before plowing like real life.
Weeds off.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yes.
Paco_86

Post by Paco_86 »

Thanks for your answers! Well, I decided to use plow but not lime. I never saw lime in real life here in Spain, but well I'm not a farmer 😊
I'm playing in a Hp pavilion gaming laptop: Core i5 10300H, Nvidia Gtx 1650, 8 gb RAM
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pm Thanks for your answers! Well, I decided to use plow but not lime. I never saw lime in real life here in Spain, but well I'm not a farmer 😊
Lime, Paco, lime. It’s fun - really it is! :)

As silly/dumb as this may sound, i actually enjoy doing the lime process in FS19. Plus, again, as I said, since I typically play with ‘weeds off’, as well as ‘withering off’, & ‘crop destruction off’ (and I don’t use the ‘Seasons’ mod, I tried it, but I didn’t enjoy it enough to keep it) - I feel like forcing myself to lime and plow is somewhat of a balancing act for me in not having the other stuff I mentioned turned on that I really don’t enjoy at all. Again, silly/dumb as it sounds, I enjoy doing the lime process, following that up with fertilizer and with the white lime on the field, it’s sooooo easy to see where I’ve been with the spray. But really the main reason is my way of balancing things out to myself that I have weeds off, withering off, crop destruction off... so I plow & lime instead and manage to keep it fun for myself that way.

Happy farming! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Paco_86 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:11 pm Thanks for your answers! Well, I decided to use plow but not lime. I never saw lime in real life here in Spain, but well I'm not a farmer 😊
Around here irl it is mixed with fertilizer, pot ash, etc ingredients for the field. It also will look more brownish like lime stone.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Plowing on, unlike others with there big plows, I'm happy as Larry with me 3m Kuhn. Lol
Lime on
Weeds off, just feel like to much effort.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

All on. Just wish weeds would hit the whole field at once like a growth stage. I try to run a weeder when I can. Using the Case Ecolo-till for plowing.
Old fat guy with a day job...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Plow on
Lime on
Weed off, I'd probably turn them back on if seasons and precision farming came out at the same time. As it is, I'm really, really tired of spraying.