Re: Low noise gaming laptop?

Post by duncan_101 »

Fair enough... Lols
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
EmmaBeck

Post by EmmaBeck »

Ich schaue auch hier als Referenz und was den PC-Bau angeht, schaue ich immer auf newegg.

Referenz: https://www.one.de/

Referenz: https://www.newegg.com/
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

EmmaBeck wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:40 am Ich schaue auch hier als Referenz und was den PC-Bau angeht, schaue ich immer auf newegg.

Referenz: https://www.one.de/

Referenz: https://www.newegg.com/
English please. (As this is the English section)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
EmmaBeck

Post by EmmaBeck »

My bad, I forgot.. my go to stop would be on one.de and whenever I try to look and build my pc newegg is a decent option for me.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

EmmaBeck wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 am My bad, I forgot.. my go to stop would be on one.de and whenever I try to look and build my pc newegg is a decent option for me.
*thumbsup*
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Kay_B

Post by Kay_B »

EmmaBeck wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 am My bad, I forgot.. my go to stop would be on one.de and whenever I try to look and build my pc newegg is a decent option for me.
If you set a goal, then everything is real. If you don't have enough money to buy the desired computer right away, buy it in parts. First one thing, then another. So you will assemble a new system unit.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

That is kinda difficult with a laptop
On an Asus RoG laptop.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

duncan_101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:32 pm That is kinda difficult with a laptop
Other than the one Alienware which uses desktop components... and is $$$
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Fair enough... Didn't know that.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Kay_B

Post by Kay_B »

duncan_101 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:32 pm That is kinda difficult with a laptop
Depends on the budget. For a decent amount, you can take a virtually silent laptop. Although, as for me, it is much easier to assemble a silent system unit for a stationary computer.
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

Yes but that wasn't the question from the first poster...
On an Asus RoG laptop.
colekayley

Post by colekayley »

Razer blade pro 17 is most quiet gaming laptop that l have found that is still powerful enough
Questionnaire

Post by Questionnaire »

colekayley wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:22 pm Razer blade pro 17 is most quiet gaming laptop that l have found that is still powerful enough
I have the Razer Blade Advanced from 2019 and can agree that Razer is great at making laptops, if you want something low profile and keeps stylish looking professional and fits in with other laptops (unlike some other "gaming-focused" laptops with over the top looks) while having the power to separate it from other "normal-looking" laptops. If you are going for quiet, the overall speed of the laptop also matters as the fans will pick up the more load the laptop has, so you may have to lower settings to get to a noise level you are comfortable with (this is with all laptops not just Razer Blades).
Playing FS 15-17-19-22 on a Razer Blade.

PC Specs
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
AMD Radeon RX 590 "Fatboy"
Corsair Vengance RGB Pro 32 GB (4 x 8) DDR4-3200
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Samsung 870 QVO Plus 1TB
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB M.2

In-game username:Questionnaire
Discord: russian_man_99
Patton_M47

Post by Patton_M47 »

cr@p*y Laptop go Vrooom
I do FS19 old school mods and FS19 military mods for PC let me know if you want anything done
I don't have any form of social media nor discord FYI
Ban time total: 7 days
AKA Oberfeldwebel Patton
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

One suggestion I would make is to undervolt your CPU with a program or if possible in BIOS, to eliminate thermal throttling.
I'm using Throttlestop to keep my temperatures in check.
It's quite usual for laptop CPUs to have a higher voltage setting to promote headroom for stability, and often one can optimize settings to make the laptop to run with lower temperatures and the of course a bit lower fan noise.
Most noise will still come from the GPU when gaming, but it's at least something.

Also when avoiding thermal throttling also result in a more stable performance, sure, you probably have to lower clock speeds a bit and maybe loose some top FPS but gain a bit in average performance.
So instead of getting top FPS of 120 and throttling down to 75 when temperatures are too high you'll get an even 100 FPS.
These numbers are of course just to get my point across.

I have a Lenovo legion y540 rtx2060 and through extensive testing and benchmarking i got about 2% top performance loss, but average benchmark results increase about 5%
So the performance change are not earth shattering but my laptop is now quite a lot quieter.

Also depending on hardware setup in the laptop, using a external monitor can increase performance.
For me running I external monitor gave me on average 10 frame increase in benchmarks and games, but more importantly than that it gave me the option to use FreeSync that wasn't available for the internal monitor.
It have to do with signal routing, on my laptop I bypass the bottlenecking intel graphics chip and the monitor running directly from the dedicated GPU. But this differ from laptop to laptop.

This is of course depending on what laptop you're using, these examples are from my own experience with my laptop.
Search for information about it, there's a lot of information in the gaming community about how to optimize laptops for gaming, so read up about it around the web and you'll sure to find help with the specific laptop you're using.