Beginner needing LOTS of help - Xbox

Alejoviade

Beginner needing LOTS of help - Xbox

Post by Alejoviade »

I’m loving (and sometimes not so much) this game. I’m mesmerized by its fantastic graphics and intricacy while at the same time I’m dumbfounded by the lack of instructions and logical guidance.

Several questions come to mind, and hope some of you can help answering them as I’m “stuck” with some issues I don’t seem to find an answer for.

1) Bought a pallet of herbicide but I didn’t use it all and have my sprayer full with leftover.
Where do I store that? How Do I get it out of the sprayer so my tool is not unusable for other products?

2) Is there a delivery option for the goods or must I keep driving back and forth to the store? Or must I spend tens of thousands on a vehicle just to move pallets around everytime I buy something?

3) How is that my field went from “growing and clean” to “ very much grown and full of weeds “ in a matter of 2 hours ?

4) How do I know which stage of growth my crop is in?. Lots of importance is given to this but no guidance or explanation.

5) What is the use (except the obvious) for all the buildings that showed up in my farm when I started the game? I have no idea if they are needed or have a purpose (Big barn, sheds, etc) So far I haven’t been able to go inside any of them. Some are high priced so I assume they have an objective but I can’t find a clear explanation.

6) Does the game keep on “running” when not playing or only does when you are on it

7) How long does it take (Normal or Real time) from seeding to harvesting ?

I thank you in advance for your help!!
Mwal

Re: Beginner needing LOTS of help - Xbox

Post by Mwal »

1 there should be a option to unload it a sprayer and it will make a new pallet, if you want less pallets load the almost empty one before you do it. Maybe someone who plays Xbox can help with the controls

2 No unfortunately there is no delivery option on console, a scripted mod exists but due to the scripts that make it possible it’s pc only

3 Fields make transitions a certain points in the day same as the growth stages how the fields just all get a foot taller crop instantly, if you want a more seamless weed growth system try the seasons mod, but that comes with a whole host of other features so read carefully before downloading

4 The pause menu map has different tabs one of which is a color coded growth map with a legend

5 If they don’t have triggers (yellow boxes on the ground) they are decorative. If you play on a harder setting the buildings won’t be there on the base maps allowing you to put up your own

6 It stops when you stop

7 That depends of the growth speed setting you’re using in the options menu, though I believe in the base game no longer than a week on the normal setting
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

* for 4^ it’s not a pause menu, game continues running,(just so you don’t skip way into the future on accident) but there’s a pause button in one of the pages.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Coming from a fellow XB1 player, to unload your sprayer or seeder, you first need to select the tool. In the upper left hand corner where the help window is, you'll see a little tractor outline, and whenever you attach something to your tractor, a little square will appear for every implement or trailer hooked up. Press Y until the desired component "lights up." Once selected, look at your help window in that corner, and if you press RB + Y, that should be the combo to unload your sprayer. You can confirm this in that window.

For Xbox, we don't have a delivery option because of that mod requiring scripts that aren't permitted on console. What I do for transportation of pallets is to get a truck and some type of flatbed trailer. One of my personal favorite setups is the TTHD Flatbed and the Versatile Transport Trailer, simply because you can use the truck by itself for small orders, or you can get a long deck trailer with ramps so you can bring along a skid steer to load your own pallets. Another option for purchasing consumables (seed, fertilizers, herbicide, lime, etc) is one of the many placeables available on modhub. You can basically put a buying station right on your farm, eliminating the need to move pallets.

Weeds just sprout randomly. You can either buy a weeder in the shop, or you can turn weeds off in the settings menu. You can also manually spray herbicide right after planting to prevent weeds, or at least you can on the seasons mod. I've heard it also works without seasons, but I've never tried it myself.

Growth stages are available in the PDA, the first tab when you press START.

And then I believe the rest of your questions have been answered above. If you have any further questions, you can feel free to message me directly via PM and I'll be happy to help you, one xbox player to another. Happy farming.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

You know... we get enough basic questions from new players.. I might sit down and make a comprehensive visual guide for all the game basics (without mods) so people can have a place to get an image to go along with lots of the advice given on this forum
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
JamP

Post by JamP »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:07 pm Coming from a fellow XB1 player, to unload your sprayer or seeder, you first need to select the tool. In the upper left hand corner where the help window is, you'll see a little tractor outline, and whenever you attach something to your tractor, a little square will appear for every implement or trailer hooked up. Press Y until the desired component "lights up." Once selected, look at your help window in that corner, and if you press RB + Y, that should be the combo to unload your sprayer. You can confirm this in that window.

For Xbox, we don't have a delivery option because of that mod requiring scripts that aren't permitted on console. What I do for transportation of pallets is to get a truck and some type of flatbed trailer. One of my personal favorite setups is the TTHD Flatbed and the Versatile Transport Trailer, simply because you can use the truck by itself for small orders, or you can get a long deck trailer with ramps so you can bring along a skid steer to load your own pallets. Another option for purchasing consumables (seed, fertilizers, herbicide, lime, etc) is one of the many placeables available on modhub. You can basically put a buying station right on your farm, eliminating the need to move pallets.

Weeds just sprout randomly. You can either buy a weeder in the shop, or you can turn weeds off in the settings menu. You can also manually spray herbicide right after planting to prevent weeds, or at least you can on the seasons mod. I've heard it also works without seasons, but I've never tried it myself.

Growth stages are available in the PDA, the first tab when you press START.

And then I believe the rest of your questions have been answered above. If you have any further questions, you can feel free to message me directly via PM and I'll be happy to help you, one xbox player to another. Happy farming.
There is a pallet mod that you place the pallet on the map, like a placeable. Looking for him here...

Found...
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Guil

Post by Guil »

Just on unloading the sprayer, you can only do it on land you own too
Guil

Post by Guil »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:37 pm You know... we get enough basic questions from new players.. I might sit down and make a comprehensive visual guide for all the game basics (without mods) so people can have a place to get an image to go along with lots of the advice given on this forum
Game pressure have one, it's how I started in FS15

https://guides.gamepressure.com/farming-simulator-19/
PrincessJessi84

Thats "ok" but... just wait guil... I have been told I have a knack for visual guides :)
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Guil

Post by Guil »

Cool, should help with a template anywho
PrincessJessi84

Yea... I think I will set it up on my forum and link it here as it will be rather long winded with lots of images.. plus doing it there I can set it up in "chapters" so people can quickly follow a link to the area they need help with.. the section of the forum will be setup so people can view it as a guest and no one has to deal with any hassles
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
LifebyLa

Post by LifebyLa »

Hey,
I'm a beginner as well so i'm also quite inexperienced!

Thank you for asking these questions because i partly had the same problems :biggrin2:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

LifebyLa wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 pm Hey,
I'm a beginner as well so i'm also quite inexperienced!

Thank you for asking these questions because i partly had the same problems :biggrin2:
First off, welcome to the virtual farming community! Secondly, please don't hesitate to ask questions here. There are a lot of players here with a lot of knowledge that are happy to help out a newcomer and won't ridicule you for asking questions, we all started somewhere. I've been playing since '15 and I still ask questions about things.

That said, happy farming.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Guil

Post by Guil »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm Yea... I think I will set it up on my forum and link it here as it will be rather long winded with lots of images.. plus doing it there I can set it up in "chapters" so people can quickly follow a link to the area they need help with.. the section of the forum will be setup so people can view it as a guest and no one has to deal with any hassles
Where is the god damn like button :lol:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Guil wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:45 pm
PrincessJessi84 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:23 pm Yea... I think I will set it up on my forum and link it here as it will be rather long winded with lots of images.. plus doing it there I can set it up in "chapters" so people can quickly follow a link to the area they need help with.. the section of the forum will be setup so people can view it as a guest and no one has to deal with any hassles
Where is the god damn like button :lol:
On another forum.