Beginner needing LOTS of help - Xbox

chedly_farms

Re: Beginner needing LOTS of help - Xbox

Post by chedly_farms »

Guil wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:41 am Just on unloading the sprayer, you can only do it on land you own too
Actually, you can unload the sprayer on land you don’t own. I once did it right in the middle of the road on Felsbrunn and did it just this week at the store on Griffin. So, I’m not sure if PC is different.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Guil

Post by Guil »

Pretty sure it places them randomly on land you own but can't say for certain. Just an fyi too but if you can, I suggest get a silo that sells seed etc or anything that a pallet provides. It's much easier on the game and even more so if you play MP
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I like buying the pallets of Pioneer seeds. Or sometimes even individual bags. I just throw the bags on the back of my flatbed, and load them into the planter.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:15 pm I like buying the pallets of Pioneer seeds. Or sometimes even individual bags. I just throw the bags on the back of my flatbed, and load them into the planter.
Yea I used to go the silo route but then when I started wondering what I should do certain sessions I thought....well if I would just get my own pallets in would not be so bored lol
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Honestly, i'd tell you if you could buy FS 15 for a few bucks, i'd probably start off learning on that. Now that you mentioned it, yeah, it could be very cumbersome for a new player to start off on this. The UI seems very complex, and tons of features (many not needed or wanted) as compared to 15.

On that game, you start off on a small map, and the tutorials were very easy to understand, with not near as many features as this game has. I guess i evolved with the game as iterations went by. Back then it seemed so easy, but you're right, even now, a lot to take in. 15 was a great well made game, and one that really could teach the ropes on the basics, likely a lot quicker than this game can.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Airborne82nd wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:06 pm Honestly, i'd tell you if you could buy FS 15 for a few bucks, i'd probably start off learning on that. Now that you mentioned it, yeah, it could be very cumbersome for a new player to start off on this. The UI seems very complex, and tons of features (many not needed or wanted) as compared to 15.

On that game, you start off on a small map, and the tutorials were very easy to understand, with not near as many features as this game has. I guess i evolved with the game as iterations went by. Back then it seemed so easy, but you're right, even now, a lot to take in. 15 was a great well made game, and one that really could teach the ropes on the basics, likely a lot quicker than this game can.
Just one warning as I spent nearly a year on FS15 prior to 19, the input bindings are WAY different, and many of the more advanced soil stuff isn’t there (needs plowed, multiple pass fert, weeds, lime, etc)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

Right, exactly. A lot of it is not there, as if not to confuse. In the end, when he masters the basics of 15, he could come back onto 19, and decide to look where these settings are, and decide whether he even needs them or decides to shut them off. 15 is just a meat and potatoes version of 19, and so much easier to understand from the get go, as he could "evolve" into 19, which is much more complex.
LifebyLa

Post by LifebyLa »

Bryan83 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:44 pm
LifebyLa wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:48 pm Hey,
I'm a beginner as well so i'm also quite inexperienced!

Thank you for asking these questions because i partly had the same problems :biggrin2:
First off, welcome to the virtual farming community! Secondly, please don't hesitate to ask questions here. There are a lot of players here with a lot of knowledge that are happy to help out a newcomer and won't ridicule you for asking questions, we all started somewhere. I've been playing since '15 and I still ask questions about things.

That said, happy farming.
Okay thank you so much!! :biggrin2:
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:07 pm
For Xbox, we don't have a delivery option because of that mod requiring scripts that aren't permitted on console. What I do for transportation of pallets is to get a truck and some type of flatbed trailer. One of my personal favorite setups is the TTHD Flatbed and the Versatile Transport Trailer, simply because you can use the truck by itself for small orders, or you can get a long deck trailer with ramps so you can bring along a skid steer to load your own pallets. Another option for purchasing consumables (seed, fertilizers, herbicide, lime, etc) is one of the many placeables available on modhub. You can basically put a buying station right on your farm, eliminating the need to move pallets.
I like to use the IT Runner 26.23 pack. The trailers themselves are a little expensive but the tops are cheap. You can start out with farm tractor and upgrade to a semi as as you wish. Search Modhub for IT Runner and HKL (hooklift) for alot of mods for it. including a forage Harvester (JD), sprayer, tankers, animal transport. There are mods that allow IT runner tops on Holmer equipment and I have seen a hooklift trailer with a 5th wheel plate attachment vs the base model.

The big plus for me is the Palfinger PTO crane that comes in the pack. It's the same one on the stock, in game, forestry truck. You can hook that onto the back of your tractor grab your IT Runner trailer with a flatbed top (wood bale with the stakes removed option) and rundown to grab pallets. The crane can load pallets (all your seed, feed and IBC pallets plus poplar, saplings, and any of the transport contract pallets), square and round bales. I like this because I'm not good with a skid steer. It also gives me the option of doing the transport contracts in my down time and make additional cash. The crane is cheap ($4K) IIRC, which makes it a versatile add.

I upgraded the tractor to the Hullk ++ by 5nine. In HKL configuration, I can use all the tops including hooking the crane up to the back of the truck. I can move pallets really quickly with it. Truck with short flatbed and crane. Pull or back in load up the pallets the drive to the drop off site. There I will detach the crane then back up to the drop off zone. I will then start to unload the flatbed top. Key word here is START TO. When the top is at max incline angle, quickly toggle the load/unload top button, and watch your pallets slide down and off the flatbed into the drop zone. This trick alone saves me SO MUCH time on a delivery contract. By the time you could unload a skid steer or unfold the crane, your empty. You also were using a truck that can do 50+mph to get you there fast. After your empty re-attach your crane, grab your cash and go. This setup makes delivery contracts very viable.

For your personal herbicide use. Grab one of the tanker tops (check the fill type) drive down and load however many IBC's you purchased and drive back. You can unload the tanker (instant IBC's again) or you can drop the tank top off and use it as a refill station. I have two tanker tops. I have a red one and a blue one, one for Herbicide, the other for liquid fertilizer.

I suspect you can do similar with lime and dry fertilizer, just haven't tried that yet.

Sorry this is a little long winded, but I hope you find something that works for you.