Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Mirk93

Re: Farming Simulator 22: Let the good times grow - this Fall!

Post by Mirk93 »

pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 am The game looks really interesting, I'm curious to find out what's new. From the photos shown it seems not, but is there a possibility that it also presents a dynamic terrain? I hope
Sorry to tell you guys, but you will never see dynamic terrain in Farming Simulator or other farming games. You need a physics engine that manages the entire terrain of the map, which must react to the passage of vehicles with different weights but above all must react differently to each agricultural tool, it must not simply make the mud effect like in Snowrunner. We are talking about a difficult thing even for a giant studio like Rockstar, just to name one and people keep asking without knowing what they are talking about. It's impossible for how you want it to be.
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

iwan073 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am This game has to be PS4 and Xbox One compatible, so not too much fancy stuff I guess.

I guess (again) that FS24 will be more advanced since that one most likely won't support PS4 and Xbox One
I can understand this, but at this point why they have not released FS21, focusing only on the new generations of consoles. By doing so I am afraid that the game will be cut off for everyone. Or it will come out as Cyberpunk, a PC masterpiece, great for new generation consoles and bad on the old generation. But it doesn't seem like GIANTS 'way of acting. I don't want to judge ahead of time, but I really fear this will come out as an old game for all platforms
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

Mirk93 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:50 am
pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:27 am The game looks really interesting, I'm curious to find out what's new. From the photos shown it seems not, but is there a possibility that it also presents a dynamic terrain? I hope
Sorry to tell you guys, but you will never see dynamic terrain in Farming Simulator or other farming games. You need a physics engine that manages the entire terrain of the map, which must react to the passage of vehicles with different weights but above all must react differently to each agricultural tool, it must not simply make the mud effect like in Snowrunner. We are talking about a difficult thing even for a giant studio like Rockstar, just to name one and people keep asking without knowing what they are talking about. It's impossible for how you want it to be.
The Cattle and Crops developers have succeeded and I'm sure they don't have all the resources of GIANTS. Then it is true, C&C is not perfect, it is much less complete than FS for tools and other features, but it has useful innovations, such as very intelligent AI, seasons and dynamic terrain. It is not impossible. Then I don't want to be too negative, maybe GIANTS has some surprises for us or the game will still be a masterpiece even without dynamic terrain. we'll see
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, very nice the newly discovered feature that changes the name of the "rival" game of FS in Cattle and Crops (they have the same initials from)
pietro200

Post by pietro200 »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 am
pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:33 am Sure there will be some more features, like more realistic sounds and more, but as you say there doesn't seem to be the real innovation, it looks a bit like the usual FS that comes out after 2 years. Also counting the additional wait for this version, I hope the game really presents something extraordinary this time around. Not just an update to the graphics engine to improve a couple of textures, something really interesting for the gameplay. I hope GIANTS has some surprises in store for us
Yeah there are some encouraging things in the article (such as more realistic helpers), but it's hard to comment on them at the moment.

Gearboxes too, though they were meant to be in FS19 anyway.

I'm not normally this down, but purely on the face of it they've not listened to their players considering every criticism which was aimed at FS19's graphics (which was a lot) seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
I agree with you. We hope there are some really succulent news
lans

Post by lans »

VR support would be nice... Look to Flight Simulator and DCS to see how immersive it makes that.

Simulators are always an ideal platform to showcase VR, when it's done right. While FS19 works in VorpX, it's not as good as it could be of course, but it really lifts the experience even within those limitations.

Also nice - ray tracing and a decent framerate. Get the same stuttery camera movement in FS19 whether on PC, Xbox one or Series X.
Stone75

Post by Stone75 »

Get rid of those golf ball sized rain drops and have the rain actually hit the window so wipers make sense. That in itself would be a huge improvement. Ground that gets wet when it rains also would be huge. Some other sims that have manged the above....Train Sim, Train Sim World, MSFS, Euro Truck sim 2, American Truck Sim 2, DCS and just about every car racing game from the last 20 years.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:47 am .

I'm not normally this down, but purely on the face of it they've not listened to their players considering every criticism which was aimed at FS19's graphics (which was a lot) seems to have fallen on deaf ears.
Pretty much sums up my feelings if it's going to support the older gen consoles then I'm not expecting much.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I belive that CnC uses Tessalation and shaders for that effect and do not actually deform the terrain mesh
luqasz85

Post by luqasz85 »

without added features from PC mods such as gps, course play, free drive for consoles, no 4k 60fps for Xbox series X this game will be nothing new for me
XONE S, XBOX Series X, PC - Farming Simulator 17/19/22 :hi:
Guil

Post by Guil »

pietro200 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:14 pm Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahah, very nice the newly discovered feature that changes the name of the "rival" game of FS in Command and Conquer (they have the same initials from)
That's like that since 2017/8
IceUul

Post by IceUul »

Initial impressions:

Good:
- a "new" FS game
- Finally we have seasons implemented into game, Giants did listen us!
- other features like new machinery, maps and crops are always welcome
- graphics engine seems about same, so i expect the mods can be easily converted.

Bad:
- It is coming to old gen consoles what are already 8 years old for release date and even could not run FS19 at full potential,
so i am not expecting much.... no dynamic terrain or something fancy.
- Graphics issues are still there, same ugly sky and lighting (can't say anything about shadows so far).
- Not much new features announced at the moment, what could compete with modified FS19.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

TheSuBBie wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:29 pm I belive that Command and Conquer uses Tessalation and shaders for that effect and do not actually deform the terrain mesh
Absolutely correct, as confirmed by the one of the devs of that game. There is no actual dynamic terrain in there.
Last edited by theSeb on Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

That is some refreshing surprise.

I have two questions for Giants.

1) What will be the differences between the PS4 version and the PS5 version? (resolution, graphics quality, slot count, system load (for cooling and noise issues))

2) If I buy the game for my PS4 Pro and then upgrade to PS5, should I buy it again for PS5?

Thank you in advance for any additional information you can provide.
PS5 / FS22
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

RODHA wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:49 pm That is some refreshing surprise.

I have two questions for Giants.

1) What will be the differences between the PS4 version and the PS5 version? (resolution, graphics quality, slot count, system load (for cooling and noise issues))

2) If I buy the game for my PS4 Pro and then upgrade to PS5, should I buy it again for PS5?

Thank you in advance for any additional information you can provide.
Good questions
Ignorance is bliss