FS22 - The little things that make a difference

blue_painted

FS22 - The little things that make a difference

Post by blue_painted »

We know it is too late for major changes but there are a number of small things, where it might be just adjusting a parameter or providing a user-setting, that I'd like to see changed in FS22, most of these have already been addressed by mod in FS19.

1. Save player position -- For people who don't get to play very regularly it's helpful to pickup from where they left off.

2. Sleep anytime and set the wake up time -- it's not really "sleep" it's more "I'm finished for today, let it be tomorrow"

3. Higher fuel consumption -- the standard levels means that fuel usage isn't relevant, just give a third option

4. Enable DEF

5. Reduce attach distance -- in FS17 it looked like 3m, in FS19 it seems to be 5m, would be nice to take it down to 1 or even 0 m

6.Search on the mod selection screen, the one just before the map loads

7. Workshop tabber

8. Progressive steering - it makes such a difference!

9. Save the regional settings, or better yet allow the map to set them: US$ for US maps, £ for UK maps etc

10. Allow multiple farmhouses/sleep points in single player

These are the first ten I thought of, over the last three years, and BIG THANKS to all the modders who have already solved these issues in FS19
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Re: FS22 - The little things that make a difference

Post by DEERE317 »

Or for #3 attempt to make players actually use their machines to burn fuel (it’s roughly the IRL amounts, just most don’t run 8hrs on a machine to actually run out of fuel). And disable adding fuel every time the game is opened.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:51 pm We know it is too late for major changes but there are a number of small things, where it might be just adjusting a parameter or providing a user-setting, that I'd like to see changed in FS22, most of these have already been addressed by mod in FS19.

1. Save player position -- For people who don't get to play very regularly it's helpful to pickup from where they left off.

2. Sleep anytime and set the wake up time -- it's not really "sleep" it's more "I'm finished for today, let it be tomorrow"

3. Higher fuel consumption -- the standard levels means that fuel usage isn't relevant, just give a third option

4. Enable DEF

5. Reduce attach distance -- in FS17 it looked like 3m, in FS19 it seems to be 5m, would be nice to take it down to 1 or even 0 m

6.Search on the mod selection screen, the one just before the map loads

7. Workshop tabber

8. Progressive steering - it makes such a difference!

9. Save the regional settings, or better yet allow the map to set them: US$ for US maps, £ for UK maps etc

10. Allow multiple farmhouses/sleep points in single player

These are the first ten I thought of, over the last three years, and BIG THANKS to all the modders who have already solved these issues in FS19
You've got my full support on those 10 options. I honestly wouldn't have thought of some of these, but they would all serve a really useful purpose in the new game. *thumbsup*
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I like the fuel consumption but I also don’t run a 9r pulling a 60 foot cultivator on twenty acres
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:03 pm I like the fuel consumption but I also don’t run a 9r pulling a 60 foot cultivator on twenty acres
If anything increased fuel consumption becomes problematic once one starts running acreage/putting hours on stuff. Medicine Creek seems to eternally have half my fleet requiring fuel and of course it’s always combines, the 9R, or the 8R’s so a Thunder Creek isn’t anywhere close to adequate.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah sorry I wasn’t clear, I like current fuel consumption if they tripled or quadrupled fuel consumption like many people want I would have to park a semi tanker on the headlands
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If they made it about 75% of the current rate using increased fuel consumption, then I think it could be a good balance.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I use the RM Increased Feul Consumption mod, and that just about works for me, so that my big tractor might do one or two day's ploughing before need fuelling, my combines the same.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

He suggested an option for higher fuel consumption, not mandatory aggravation if you don't want to change it. More options is always a good thing. Nice list.
PS4
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmerDan72 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:58 pm He suggested an option for higher fuel consumption, not mandatory aggravation if you don't want to change it. More options is always a good thing. Nice list.
Who’s aggravated? Besides maybe you? Just throwing an opinion out their and enjoying checking back to see the interesting rebuttals and learning about others play types. I actually agree with the list and quite like the options and tend to agree with blue on quite a few topics on the forum like seasons or die with the new game.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well if it was possible, I'd love to see auto steer and/or manual attach come to the console version.

Or at least make MA an option.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Well if it was possible, I'd love to see auto steer and/or manual attach come to the console version.

Or at least make MA an option.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ouhaha

Post by ouhaha »

in the list of little things that would help make the experience more fun: automatic update of mods.

Or at least a button "update all".

When you don't play for a few weeks, you have to update them all one by one...
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

A big NO on the auto update. But a possibility to mark off the ones you want to update, and the just select update (selected) would be nice.

If the auto update is selectable, it might get a 👍from me too though
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I agree with Noraf on the auto update of mods. I don't want that to be a feature either. For example... the global company "stationary baler". I had to uninstall that because the in game modhub said it had an update. When it 100% it paused for a second and then restarted downloading again and kept repeating over and over. I had to uninstall it to get it off the list so I could get the other mods updated. Then downloaded from the website's modhub because the in-game one wouldn't go past 100%. Eventually just deleted it once and for all because I accidentally selected it again during another update run. Go figure...
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.