FS22 Seasons

NickD94

FS22 Seasons

Post by NickD94 »

From information I have been able to find out the Creators of Seasons Realismus Modding has had no input or any collaboration with Giants it would seem Giants Have Stolen from an amazing Mod team and will claim it as theirs now in FS22. Sad day for the modding community and shame to Giants Software.
Last edited by NickD94 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farming is Life ( Respect Farmers )
DirectCedar

Re: FS22 Seasons Thefts

Post by DirectCedar »

NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:38 am From information I have been able to find out the Creators of Seasons Realismus Modding has had no input or any collaboration with Giants it would seem Giants Have Stolen from an amazing Mod team and will claim it as theirs now in FS22. Sad day for the modding community and shame to Giants Software.
Can you provide some background on the source of this information, and its credibility?
NickD94

Re: FS22 Seasons Thefts

Post by NickD94 »

DirectCedar wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:46 am
NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:38 am From information I have been able to find out the Creators of Seasons Realismus Modding has had no input or any collaboration with Giants it would seem Giants Have Stolen from an amazing Mod team and will claim it as theirs now in FS22. Sad day for the modding community and shame to Giants Software.
Can you provide some background on the source of this information, and its credibility?
SilverNews Provided that in his latest Video with showing comments made by Realismus Modding that they had no input to people.
muzickmage

Re: FS22 Seasons Thefts Shame On Giants

Post by muzickmage »

Personally, I don't think Realimus has the Copyrights to the season of "winter", or any other season for that matter..... any more than they would have the Copyrights to natural weather activities, or even the feeding habits of farm animals encouraged by these seasons and/or weather activities.

I'm not sure exactly what you are accusing Giants of stealing from Realimus being all i've learned so far in my bit of research is that Giants is adding seasonsal "cycles".

I don't think Realimus is the original creator of seasonal cycles.

Just saying.

Unless you're talking about source code, and accusing Giants of copying and pasting such programming language belonging to Realimus, I have no idea what your argument is. And being we haven't even seen the source code yet, I see no basis for even that accusation.

Again, just saying.
NickD94

Post by NickD94 »

Realismus are the original authors of the Seasons Mod. seasons cycles if that how Giants want to call it is gonna be technical a Rip off of the hard work of Realismus Modding because we all know giants and Realismus worked together for fs19 to bring the mod to the game.
Now Giants has Cut Realismus Modding. It just goes to show how Giants works if they like a certain mod and the community finds it popular they will rip off modders.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

That still doesn't make for a fair argument.

I could be the original creator of the "grass" mod, that doesn't mean I could fairly accuse game developers of stealing my ideas if they should decide to add grass in their video game. I may be the original creator of the grass mod, but NOT the original creator of grass itself. I, despite my modding work, don't have the Copyright to grass.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I think that's good, this way we will have a properly implemented seasons in the next game that modders can hopefully build on.

If giants wouldn't have adapted ideas of mods, we would have dirt on equipment, no tire tracks, no bga, no new fruits, no additional brands, even multi-player wouldn't be a thing, because all of that was original made as a mod.

You still think giants should stay away from implementing ideas of mods?
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:21 am Realismus are the original authors of the Seasons Mod. seasons cycles if that how Giants want to call it is gonna be technical a Rip off of the hard work of Realismus Modding because we all know giants and Realismus worked together for fs19 to bring the mod to the game.
Now Giants has Cut Realismus Modding. It just goes to show how Giants works if they like a certain mod and the community finds it popular they will rip off modders.
Actually at least one of the members of Realismus Modding works for GIANTS: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=109468

Therefore I highly doubt that ripped of anything or cut Realismus Modding.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Guys, there is no drama here. We had no input. They did not rip us off. They are free to copy all of the features of the mod, or none of them. They already said they have different features to the mod and it would not matter if 22 had the same features.

There is no theft. There is no shame. It’s not a big deal.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

muzickmage wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:26 am That still doesn't make for a fair argument.

I could be the original creator of the "grass" mod, that doesn't mean I could fairly accuse game developers of stealing my ideas if they should decide to add grass in their video game. I may be the original creator of the grass mod, but NOT the original creator of grass itself. I, despite my modding work, don't have the Copyright to grass.
Exactly. It’s not like we came up with the idea of seasons.

It would be great if the op edited the title of this thread, because it is fairly libellous
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

@theSeb

Thank you for your initial post. It was greatly needed to bring this discussion to an end without further accusations.

Also, hats off for the Season's Mod. Exceptional work. I don't use the mod, but still appreciate it's contribution to the game.

Ever think of adopting other ideas..... such as mining for example? lol. I love mining in the game, but darn its difficult to find good mining maps. They are somewhat rare.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

This is what I dont understand, people think youtubers are offcial sources and always believe them. Its notnthe first time silver has got it wrong
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Nobody takes time to actually pay attention and comprehend when reading anything anymore. In the blog that accompanied the trailer it clearly said it would have seasonal cycles, not Seasons. Thank you Seb for sharing your stance on this.
Playing on PC and PS4
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

muzickmage wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 am @theSeb

Thank you for your initial post. It was greatly needed to bring this discussion to an end without further accusations.

Also, hats off for the Season's Mod. Exceptional work. I don't use the mod, but still appreciate it's contribution to the game.

Ever think of adopting other ideas..... such as mining for example? lol. I love mining in the game, but darn its difficult to find good mining maps. They are somewhat rare.
Seasons was a labour of love and selfishness. I found it ludicrous that a farming game completely ignored the concept of seasons, so I used to play it with "manual" seasons - I did this by switching off the growth, pretending it's spring, or whatever, and doing the appropriate tasks, but the weather did not match, temperatures did not play a role etc. Imagination is great, but the game was actively ruining my immersion. I got so annoyed by the time 17 came out that it still did not have seasons I decided it was time to stop complaining about the game and to do something about it. I was really lucky that my rants and ideas on the old fs-uk forum attracted the most perfect bunch of people I could have wished for who shared the same vision and, thanks to the universe aligning in just the right way, we ended up working like a high performance team with a singular and laser-focused determination to implement our vision into the game, despite the many technical challenges. We would discuss every feature in minute details till the late hours of the morning. It would be hard to find that same passion again and nobody at RM has ever expressed any interest in something like mining. We all have a passion for farming due to various historical reasons, even though we are not farmers.

Many people get frustrated with Giants for not implementing the many popular and loved mods into the game. Then when they do it, a portion of the community is quick to criticise them for "stealing ideas" etc. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am actually shocked (in a good way) that Giants implemented some version of seasonal gameplay into the game, because that is a huge departure from their own vision of the game and the direction they have normally taken, in my opinion.

Personally I am proud of what we achieved and I am incredibly lucky to have met and worked with such a great bunch of talented individuals.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

eric21 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:20 am This is what I dont understand, people think youtubers are offcial sources and always believe them. Its notnthe first time silver has got it wrong
If people want to play journalist, then they should ask the right questions and interview the sources. We have a slack server that we are always on. The details to connect to it can be found on our website. We are happy to answer questions, unless it's that one guy who asks about how to disable feature X every 3 months. Then you are most likely to be ignored.