FS22 Seasons

theSeb

Re: FS22 Seasons Thefts Shame On Giants

Post by theSeb »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:31 am Nobody takes time to actually pay attention and comprehend when reading anything anymore. In the blog that accompanied the trailer it clearly said it would have seasonal cycles, not Seasons. Thank you Seb for sharing your stance on this.
Indeed. Giants employees themselves also mentioned more about this in the podcast. We had no input into the game and we weren't expecting to have any. Indirectly we clearly had an influence thanks to the popularity of the mod and that, in my view, is an incredible achievement on its own.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 am
muzickmage wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 am @theSeb

Thank you for your initial post. It was greatly needed to bring this discussion to an end without further accusations.

Also, hats off for the Season's Mod. Exceptional work. I don't use the mod, but still appreciate it's contribution to the game.

Ever think of adopting other ideas..... such as mining for example? lol. I love mining in the game, but darn its difficult to find good mining maps. They are somewhat rare.
Seasons was a labour of love and selfishness. I found it ludicrous that a farming game completely ignored the concept of seasons, so I used to play it with "manual" seasons - I did this by switching off the growth, pretending it's spring, or whatever, and doing the appropriate tasks, but the weather did not match, temperatures did not play a role etc. Imagination is great, but the game was actively ruining my immersion. I got so annoyed by the time 17 came out that it still did not have seasons I decided it was time to stop complaining about the game and to do something about it. I was really lucky that my rants and ideas on the old fs-uk forum attracted the most perfect bunch of people I could have wished for who shared the same vision and, thanks to the universe aligning in just the right way, we ended up working like a high performance team with a singular and laser-focused determination to implement our vision into the game, despite the many technical challenges. We would discuss every feature in minute details till the late hours of the morning. It would be hard to find that same passion again and nobody at RM has ever expressed any interest in something like mining. We all have a passion for farming due to various historical reasons, even though we are not farmers.

Many people get frustrated with Giants for not implementing the many popular and loved mods into the game. Then when they do it, a portion of the community is quick to criticise them for "stealing ideas" etc. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am actually shocked (in a good way) that Giants implemented some version of seasonal gameplay into the game, because that is a huge departure from their own vision of the game and the direction they have normally taken, in my opinion.

Personally I am proud of what we achieved and I am incredibly lucky to have met and worked with such a great bunch of talented individuals.
On that note, do you think we will have a seasons mod from RM in FS22? Yes, I’ve gone fishing, but Please say yes 😁
Ekan

Re: FS22 Seasons

Post by Ekan »

Yawn....common dude... *thumbsdown*

The negativitet against Giants is strong since the anouncement, and still, all based on rumors and a few screenshots.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Guil

Post by Guil »

NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:38 am From information I have been able to find out the Creators of Seasons Realismus Modding has had no input or any collaboration with Giants it would seem Giants Have Stolen from an amazing Mod team and will claim it as theirs now in FS22. Sad day for the modding community and shame to Giants Software.
Drama much haha. Looking for news off silver is like relying on the lottery
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Doc3d wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:22 am
theSeb wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:34 am
muzickmage wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:18 am @theSeb

Thank you for your initial post. It was greatly needed to bring this discussion to an end without further accusations.

Also, hats off for the Season's Mod. Exceptional work. I don't use the mod, but still appreciate it's contribution to the game.

Ever think of adopting other ideas..... such as mining for example? lol. I love mining in the game, but darn its difficult to find good mining maps. They are somewhat rare.
Seasons was a labour of love and selfishness. I found it ludicrous that a farming game completely ignored the concept of seasons, so I used to play it with "manual" seasons - I did this by switching off the growth, pretending it's spring, or whatever, and doing the appropriate tasks, but the weather did not match, temperatures did not play a role etc. Imagination is great, but the game was actively ruining my immersion. I got so annoyed by the time 17 came out that it still did not have seasons I decided it was time to stop complaining about the game and to do something about it. I was really lucky that my rants and ideas on the old fs-uk forum attracted the most perfect bunch of people I could have wished for who shared the same vision and, thanks to the universe aligning in just the right way, we ended up working like a high performance team with a singular and laser-focused determination to implement our vision into the game, despite the many technical challenges. We would discuss every feature in minute details till the late hours of the morning. It would be hard to find that same passion again and nobody at RM has ever expressed any interest in something like mining. We all have a passion for farming due to various historical reasons, even though we are not farmers.

Many people get frustrated with Giants for not implementing the many popular and loved mods into the game. Then when they do it, a portion of the community is quick to criticise them for "stealing ideas" etc. It's a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I am actually shocked (in a good way) that Giants implemented some version of seasonal gameplay into the game, because that is a huge departure from their own vision of the game and the direction they have normally taken, in my opinion.

Personally I am proud of what we achieved and I am incredibly lucky to have met and worked with such a great bunch of talented individuals.
On that note, do you think we will have a seasons mod from RM in FS22? Yes, I’ve gone fishing, but Please say yes 😁
I cannot say, because I don't know. It all depends on what is actually in the game, how it has been implemented, whether it will be technically possible and so forth. We know nothing so far about how they have implemented seasonal gameplay, or about any other game systems / features that are still to be announced and what these would mean for the mod.
EURO_FARMER

Post by EURO_FARMER »

NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:38 am From information I have been able to find out
From where ? From CNN ? :hmm:

NickD94 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:48 am SilverNews Provided that in his latest Video
Oh OK, you are a victim of fake news :lol:
JuicyStuff

Post by JuicyStuff »

I think it's great that Giants themselves are doing the heavy lifting of implementing seasonal cycles, this way Realismus can have more resources into further refining little details that Giants might overlook or simplify.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

🍿
ED209v2

Post by ED209v2 »

Here's some more information:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/terms ... itions.php

Read paragraph 7.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

LoL!! 🤣

Think Realismus stole it from Mother Nature.
I’ll give her a call some day
Ignorance is bliss
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

iwan073 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:39 pm LoL!! 🤣

Think Realismus stole it from Mother Nature.
I’ll give her a call some day
Exactly. But you will notice that we did not have months to ensure that we do not get sued by the Romans.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

ED209v2 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:21 pm Here's some more information:

https://www.farming-simulator.com/terms ... itions.php

Read paragraph 7.
Indeed. I think most people don't realise that this is in the TOS.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

Yes, you, and the rest of the RM team should be extremely proud of what you've achieved. I'm also happy to see that you're not ruling out creating something for FS22. I won't hold my breath but my fingers are crossed ;)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I really hope they (Giants) will bring Seasons to the next level. It is a pretty good mod, but still need few tweek to be more realistic.

RM did a very very good job considering they developped it on their time, for free! I'm totally unable to play FS without Seasons!

Having it implemented in the game now will help for mods / maps (mask, ground, vegetation), for sure.

I do hope they will take the time to work on it and not just put season cycle, without any change / restriction depending on weather / temp...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:40 pm I really hope they (Giants) will bring Seasons to the next level. It is a pretty good mod, but still need few tweek to be more realistic.

RM did a very very good job considering they developped it on their time, for free! I'm totally unable to play FS without Seasons!

Having it implemented in the game now will help for mods / maps (mask, ground, vegetation), for sure.

I do hope they will take the time to work on it and not just put season cycle, without any change / restriction depending on weather / temp...
What tweaks would you like to see?