Dear Devs: FS22 Seasonal Foliage

Bersson

Dear Devs: FS22 Seasonal Foliage

Post by Bersson »

In the FS22 «Seasons» screenshot, the leaves look as expected. The ground decoration foliage, on the other hand, looks green all year round.

Can you please consider changing the ground foliage to match the seasonal changes, including the grass? :smileynew:

Such visual changes are already available in many FS19 mod maps with the Seasons mod, for example, maps created by MRG Mapping (image credits: MRG Mapping on Facebook.)

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Re: Dear Devs: FS22 Seasonal Foliage

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Aaaaannd another one :lol: :lol:
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:39 pm Aaaaannd another one :lol: :lol:
Oh, is it mentioned already by others? If so, sorry... :blushnew:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

@DEERE317 write this down! :lol:

I agree with you 100% here Bersson, however there are multiple threads already that are thoughts or suggestions for the new game, which may already be past the point of additions anyway viewtopic.php?f=963&t=178096
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

Dairydeere wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:44 pm...however there are multiple threads already that are thoughts or suggestions for the new game, which may already be past the point of additions anyway viewtopic.php?f=963&t=178096
Thanks @Dairydeere. I'll do a more thorough search next time :) Hopefully, there's still time to change it. I only spent a couple of hours installing all the extra foliage on a map I was editing for personal use. Creating the foliage however... I have no idea how long it will take...

Moderators: Please close the thread :)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Yea, by the sound of it, by the time Giants teases the game and we want to give input, it's close to being wrapped up and getting tested for release. I agree completely though, foliage doesn't seem super difficult
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

@DairyDeere I see...
There might be to many to edit my catalog on my phone... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

BTW the image quality doesn't do it justice and also its still in development
aklein

Post by aklein »

Do understand this game is still 6-8 months out. your not seeing a finished product. Any judgments based on these images as to exactly how it will look when its done should not be made. In due time we will see more from Giants and I am sure there will be obvious refinements where/when possible.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

On the other hand, there's no harm in flagging up this sort of thing so it can be reported back to the devs in case it's something that has been missed rather than just not fully implemented yet.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

We all know that Giants will bring a dumb version of seasons...no surprise here.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm We all know that Giants will bring a dumb version of seasons...no surprise here.
We don't know, stopped saying things we don't know
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm We all know that Giants will bring a dumb version of seasons...no surprise here.
That's almost beyond doubt. It would be commercial suicide not to. It's all good and well saying "players want seasons" but how many actually used the full fat Seasons mod? I suspect only GIANTS and perhaps Realismus know, but I'd be very surprised if 60% of the player base tried it and more than 20% continued playing with it. They are still a massive numbers, but if FS22 switched to a full on Seasons mode then I think that and the additional grind that can involve could put off a large percentage of players.

Even I, a continuous player for a decade, don't use Seasons in single player. I don't like the slow pace involved and rely heavily on helpers. I'm the sort stuck in FS2011-15 mode who will be harvesting, fertilising and drilling all in one field at the same time. It's not realistic, but then I don't like the grind factor. The same reason why I seriously hope the "more realistic AI" isn't just marketing spiel and FS22 actually shows an improvement in that regard.

For me, and I suspect most players (not on this forum) I hope that if FS22 forces a seasonal aspect that it A) provides consistent and interesting work throughout the different seasons (which will be the main reason why FS hasn't had seasons thus far) and B) allows you to skip not just night or days, but to the next task, defined by the user.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I would have to disagree, this forum might be a strange holdout with a quite a few people declaring they don’t use seasons, but when you get into some of the bigger Facebook groups the screen shots people post or shares of progress ect. almost exclusively mention seasons or you can visibly tell by the screenshots they’re using seasons. I would fully expect that number to be more, around 50%-60%, 20% is way to low.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hard to say really. A huge percentage of people only play this game for 3-4 weeks max after release and never touch it again until the next one comes along. Nobody really knows what they like, or do not like. Many of those people are not even aware that mods exist, although that may have changed with the addition of the mod hub right into the main menu.