Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

Terrain, FarmCon and a new addition to the community team!
This and more are the topics of today's Farming Simulator Podcast.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
faruk9154

Re: Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Post by faruk9154 »

Multi terrain angles?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Miketeg

Re: Farming Simulator Podcast #9: FS22 Terrain, FarmCon, new Community Coordinator

Post by Miketeg »

faruk9154 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:59 pm Multi terrain angles?
My guess is...if they don't talk about it, knowing that community really want it...we won't have it...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I Just want the crops to match the seed drill like just line up the crop textures with the terrain angles or something so I can have nice neat rows of wheat.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Miketeg wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:52 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:59 pm Multi terrain angles?
My guess is...if they don't talk about it, knowing that community really want it...we won't have it...
Did they explain this in podcast? Multi terrain angles unlikely?
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:00 pm I Just want the crops to match the seed drill like just line up the crop textures with the terrain angles or something so I can have nice neat rows of wheat.
At least I hope so.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:03 pm Did they explain this in podcast? Multi terrain angles unlikely?
No, but they talked about other terrain-based matters discussed here so they must have seen all the MTA comments (and over the years) so if they had any good news on that then this would have been the podcast to say something.

It will be utterly bewildering if FS22 hasn't addressed it in some way.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

this_is_gav wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:49 am
faruk9154 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:03 pm Did they explain this in podcast? Multi terrain angles unlikely?
No, but they talked about other terrain-based matters discussed here so they must have seen all the MTA comments (and over the years) so if they had any good news on that then this would have been the podcast to say something.

It will be utterly bewildering if FS22 hasn't addressed it in some way.
They made the FS community wait for 3 years in vain. Again, they did not put the things that the FS community wanted very much. No GPS, no multi terrain angles, no real terrain... What else is not there? *thumbsdown*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I was always told to give them a break, because they are only a small company, and not to expect a AAA game, even though they charge a AAA price.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

faruk9154 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:40 pm They made the FS community wait for 3 years in vain. Again, they did not put the things that the FS community wanted very much. No GPS, no multi terrain angles, no real terrain... What else is not there? *thumbsdown*
I believe GPS will be one of the modules for the Precision farming series they are doing so will more than likely be in fS22
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:09 pm I was always told to give them a break, because they are only a small company, and not to expect a AAA game, even though they charge a AAA price.
Well considering AAA games for the PS5 are now like £70, FS is still a relatively speaking cheap game to buy especially considering how many hours people can get out of it.
They are certainly not a small studio thats for sure Lars said in the last post they now have like 5 studios Including the new one in Chicago.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:12 pm They are certainly not a small studio thats for sure Lars said in the last post they now have like 5 studios Including the new one in Chicago.
The Chicago one hasn't opened yet. They've got one employee for Chicago but no office yet; Kerminator is working for home (and currently it's just going to be a community hub rather than for game development).

They have offices in Erlangen and Brno and their HQ is in Zurich (but I don't know if any dev work goes on there).
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:12 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:40 pm They made the FS community wait for 3 years in vain. Again, they did not put the things that the FS community wanted very much. No GPS, no multi terrain angles, no real terrain... What else is not there? *thumbsdown*
I believe GPS will be one of the modules for the Precision farming series they are doing so will more than likely be in fS22
FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:09 pm I was always told to give them a break, because they are only a small company, and not to expect a AAA game, even though they charge a AAA price.
Well considering AAA games for the PS5 are now like £70, FS is still a relatively speaking cheap game to buy especially considering how many hours people can get out of it.
They are certainly not a small studio thats for sure Lars said in the last post they now have like 5 studios Including the new one in Chicago.
What about the others?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Offices aren’t studios…
And they definitely aren’t large either.
Either a large small studio or a small medium studio.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I know they're not small, but that's the defense people use when their feelings are hurt.
Perhaps it's just Canadians they are asking higher prices. In fact, it's probably my fault for being a critical supporter rather than a defensive supporter. Xbox upcoming games include Forza Horizon 5 $79.99, FAR CRY 6 $79.99, Farming Simulator 22 $76.99
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Why is it so important for you to "win" this argument?
Do you think the game is worth the price or not is all that really matters, if you think its too expensive then don't buy it at launch and wait for it to be on sale. This idea you have that anyone who disagrees with you is just a fanboy or have their feelings hurt is an over simplification of every argument you seem to like to get involved in on here. Chill out a bit and you'd maybe get on better.