Sometimes slurry spreading doesnt work with Precision Farming

mexel75

Sometimes slurry spreading doesnt work with Precision Farming

Post by mexel75 »

I keep having these issues now and then with the slurry spreading when playing with the precision farming dlc. Often the slurry won't rise the nitrogen level. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work, I can still see money being deducted from my account (using helper 'Buy' setting) but no slurry goes into the ground.

If I try the solid fertilizer spreading right after on the same ground, it always works fine. It's just the slurry.

Attaching a screen shot, where the soil is Loamy Sand and has 0kg nitrogen before applying slurry. And after, still 0kg. This has now happend at atleast 5 different maps. So I don't think it has to do with the map.

This is really starting to annoy me, because it takes the slurry out of the game when playing Precision Farming DLC.

Drmattymd

Re: Sometimes slurry spreading doesnt work with Precision Farming

Post by Drmattymd »

Im pretty sure thats how its supposed to be. Adding organic fertilizer (slurry and manure) has a limited increase in nitrogen levels. To get maximum levels you have to use chemical fertilizers
Playing on PC and PS4
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:04 pm Im pretty sure thats how its supposed to be. Adding organic fertilizer (slurry and manure) has a limited increase in nitrogen levels. To get maximum levels you have to use chemical fertilizers
"Limited increase"? But my point is that I get 0kg increase.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

With slurry and manure you have to manually adjust how much you want to put in the field. It’s difficult with bigger fields because of different soil types. If your trying to use only slurry and manure you must make sure you put on the right application for the crop and the soil type. Again you have to adjust that manually
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:05 pm With slurry and manure you have to manually adjust how much you want to put in the field. It’s difficult with bigger fields because of different soil types. If your trying to use only slurry and manure you must make sure you put on the right application for the crop and the soil type. Again you have to adjust that manually
If you spread slurry with automatic application rate activated, it is supposed to spread slurry at a constant rate.

But again, my issue is not whether the rate is to small or to high. The issue is that no nitrogen at all is being added. While money is deducted and the texture of the soil is changing. As you can see on the picture.
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I get ya. I assume the rate you have set is zero when he’s spreading it, or do you have an amount set?
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

Might be something to do with the land being fallow, I found out that Soybean needs 0 Nitrogen when using PF, no slurry was coming out of the spreader with it switched on in auto mode I was driving manually though so not sure if I would have being charged for it if a helper did the work.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:25 pm Might be something to do with the land being fallow, I found out that Soybean needs 0 Nitrogen when using PF, no slurry was coming out of the spreader with it switched on in auto mode I was driving manually though so not sure if I would have being charged for it if a helper did the work.
Yes, that was my first thought too. But when trying the solid fertilizer just after the slurry spreader, nitrogen is added. So the soil is in need of nitrogen.
aklein

Post by aklein »

From part 3 of my 3 part PF video series at this time stamp you can see how organic fertilizer is added to the soil to raise nitrogen. Regardless if the field is planted or not organic fertilizer only increases the nitrogen levels by specific amounts it will never 'auto top off' the nitrogen like mineral fertilizer will https://youtu.be/zqydWXrvALg?t=90

If your getting a net zero increase in nitrogen levels then its very likely your applying slurry directly on top of a field that has slurry on it. You can not double dose a field with slurry you must change the field state first. You CAN apply Slurry then Manure then Slurry then Manure then Slurry, etc all day long if you want but every pass will increase the nitrogen the amount shown in the chart on the time stamp above. Assuming automatic rate and you have not adjusted the rate lower than automatic.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

aklein wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:51 pm From part 3 of my 3 part PF video series at this time stamp you can see how organic fertilizer is added to the soil to raise nitrogen. Regardless if the field is planted or not organic fertilizer only increases the nitrogen levels by specific amounts it will never 'auto top off' the nitrogen like mineral fertilizer will https://youtu.be/zqydWXrvALg?t=90

If your getting a net zero increase in nitrogen levels then its very likely your applying slurry directly on top of a field that has slurry on it. You can not double dose a field with slurry you must change the field state first. You CAN apply Slurry then Manure then Slurry then Manure then Slurry, etc all day long if you want but every pass will increase the nitrogen the amount shown in the chart on the time stamp above. Assuming automatic rate and you have not adjusted the rate lower than automatic.
Yes, I've watched your most informative videos. However this case baffles me. Because as I mentioned, and as you can see on the attached picture, the nitrogen level is 0kg after applying the slurry. The field has just been bought, and all that's done previouly to the slurry spreading is soil sampling and lime spreading.

Again, the slurry adds 0kg to a soil containing 0kg nitrogen, while changing the soil texture to slurry and emptying the slurry tank. Trying to spread solid fertilizer instead works fine, and the nitrogen level is raised. This has happend on multiple maps.
Last edited by mexel75 on Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Can anybody explain the picture I've attached? With a 0kg nitrogen level of the soil, just after a pass by the slurry spreader.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

If you go to the PF tab and then to the nitrogen section, does it show a change in the nitrogen level? Perhaps its working properly and its a problem with the additional field info mod
Playing on PC and PS4
mexel75

Post by mexel75 »

Drmattymd wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:23 pm If you go to the PF tab and then to the nitrogen section, does it show a change in the nitrogen level? Perhaps its working properly and its a problem with the additional field info mod
No, it shows no change in the PF tab either.
disturbed_farmer

Post by disturbed_farmer »

Have you tried no mods except PF and a base game map? It sounds like some sort of mod conflict to me. I saw something similar, including the money bit, when I had an error in implementing anhydrous with PF.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Oh, distrubed_farmer makes a good point. Is this with the giants delivered PF or a custom one.