Serious lag in the morning as dawn ...

Frag

Serious lag in the morning as dawn ...

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I have quite a monster machine (AMD 5800X, 64 gig of ram, GPU AMD 6900xt Water cooled) and I get some serious lag in the morning when the sun rise. I tried to lower the shadow quality or the number of lights affecting the shadow ... but was not able to fix the problem. The lag is only at dawn so I feel it could be related to the low direction of the light, creating lot of shadows. But I could be wrong.

Anyone has this and if yes were you able to resolve this?
FarmBoss

Re: Serious lag in the morning as dawn ...

Post by FarmBoss »

It's either AMD's fault, your GPU's fault, or the water's fault. But it's certainly not Giants fault.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Never have had an issue. Have you taken a look at your log? You could post it here so we people could take a look
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Does this happen on all maps? Is reshade installed?
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Does it affect all maps, or one in particular?

I get something similar on large maps when I own a lot of land, or complicated, script heavy maps. I just turn down the time to realtime, and wait it out after each night.
Eische

Post by Eische »

It could as well be the crop growth happening.
If you slept during night, game runs on higher speed and crop growth might happen just when you switch to slower time acceleration afterwards. Depending on map size, that can lead to a short period of lag as all fields need to updated.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

On PS4 I have seen the same behaviour but also in the evening, but less extreme. I noticed this behaviour more significant while using seasons on Erlengrat. Maybe it's related to headlights and workinglights too, I've never tested it with headlights off.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

As the other one said. Did you take a look on your logs?
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

Mine usually lags a decent amount after I've skipped the night. It clears up though after the crop growth across the map has caught up.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
Frag

Post by Frag »

Eische wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:51 am It could as well be the crop growth happening.
If you slept during night, game runs on higher speed and crop growth might happen just when you switch to slower time acceleration afterwards. Depending on map size, that can lead to a short period of lag as all fields need to updated.
Yep you guys were right. If I do not skip the night, I have just a bit of lag right after midnight and dawns are fine. So this is really the fast forwarding...

I am playing on the huge Yukon Valley map. Wow this place remember me my youth ... I SO wish I could have a game that would mix Farming Simulator and The Hunter Call of the wild...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Same as others have said, lags while it updates after fast forwarding through the night (and handling the day changes) and goes back to regularly scheduled programming after a few seconds.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Yep, does this happen on all maps, is it limited to a certain area, how much time did you skip. I have a Ryzen 7, 32 GB Ram, and a 5700XT video card, and the only time I really see any slowdown is when I'm approaching my main yard. In the yard there are 4 Combines, at least 10 tractors, and multiples implements and sheds. During the day it's not to bad but I find the "spot" lights at night slow things down.
I'm not sure about lag and speeding up time. When the farms small I speed up time but because it's small nothing goes wrong. By the time my farm is big enough I have enough things going on to keep me busy all day. 6-10 Harvesting and liming. 8-11 Planting. 11-3 weeding and then taking care of the animals, hay/grass ect. The taking care of Global Company and productions, plus selling. Though selling can take into the wee hours of the morning. Then it's time to set up again and get the combines and equipment into place for the next harvest.
Oh and when I'm a big farmer it's time to try and fit in time to replace models that are old and need replacing.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms