Giants took my money.

deerefarm

Giants took my money.

Post by deerefarm »

Soo Giants too $60 from me for FS22 pr-order. Next month it'll probably take a similar amount for the seasons pass. While the descriptions of the seasons pass sound enticing, I'm not sure about them. With FS19 there was some DLC that I thought warranted my hard earned $$$ (CAD) like the JD Cotton Pack, The Bourgault Pack, however there were packs I wasn't interest in. Like the Alpine DLC and the Rottnne pack. So without knowing what's in the season's pass I don't know what to do. The Platinum part of the DLC will be we worth it. But the two smaller packs are the ones I'm not sure about.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
eric21

Re: Giants took my money.

Post by eric21 »

Giants can't please everyone, and not everyone will like all dlc
Chaki
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Chaki »

deerefarm wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:58 am So without knowing what's in the season's pass I don't know what to do.
My recommendation? Waiting is what you should do if you aren't sure.
Until we release more info. I know it will be worth it, but i also don't know everyone's taste and i can't go into any details at the moment.
aka Chris - Community Coordinator - Professional Wolf - Typer of Keys

Technical Help [EN/DE] - Bug Reports - Support
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

Will we see which DLCs are before the season pass comes out or do we have to wait for each DLCs to be announced and released separately so we know what we bought?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

matejcro wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:25 am Will we see which DLCs are before the season pass comes out or do we have to wait for each DLCs to be announced and released separately so we know what we bought?
The DLCs are usually announced a month or two before release. You can buy the Season Pass Year 1 at any point (before, after or between DLC releases) so if you're in no hurry just wait, then choose whichever suits you best - individual DLCs or the Season Pack Year 1. Presumably there will also be a Year 2 Season Pack.

If the hints stated here are anything to go by then there could be a slightly different approach to DLC content for FS22 (Pack 1 and the "First Expansion" are pretty self-explanatory, but "This will drive you crazy" and especially "Get things done more efficiently" pique my interest). They're probably just buzz words to try to generate hype.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

matejcro wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:25 am Will we see which DLCs are before the season pass comes out or do we have to wait for each DLCs to be announced and released separately so we know what we bought?
I doubt they will announce the DLC cause that would ruin the surprise and derail the hype train before it's even left the station. Best you can hope for is a rough description.
But honestly if your not sure just wait save your money you can buy in at anytime there's no pre-order bonuses with the season pass.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:27 pm
If the hints stated here are anything to go by then there could be a slightly different approach to DLC content for FS22 (Pack 1 and the "First Expansion" are pretty self-explanatory, but "This will drive you crazy" and especially "Get things done more efficiently" pique my interest). They're probably just buzz words to try to generate hype.
Yeah it's the hints that have me curious. They sound really good, but so did Alpine DLC. The map was cool, but the tractors and equipment were very small. I like big tractors and big fields.
I guess I'll wait and see if there are any more hints before buying.
JaggedOne

Post by JaggedOne »

What is a "season's pass" ?
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

JaggedOne wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:31 am What is a "season's pass" ?
Probably a pack that is cheaper than getting all the DLCs and adds future content for the Future DLCs. :gamer:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Its basically a one time payment for all the DLC's to be released in the first year, presumably at a discount, rather than buying them individually as they are released.
Playing on PC and PS4
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

You pay almost the same price as the base game for content they release throughout the year. It's basically mods they don't want to give you for free. You may or may not like what you paid for.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
AnotherAlex

Post by AnotherAlex »

I also don't like the Season Pass Description and basically don't like the Season Pass Systems out there. Especially when like in this case, you don't know what you are getting for your money.

So just save the money, and wait for the upcoming staff. It's always possible to buy the Season Pass later like when 3 DLCs are coming and each is 20 Euro, Season Pass 40 Euro => still saving money when buying it later.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

The last season's pass that I purchased was for CIV VI. As it turned out I would probably have only purchased slightly less than 2/3rds of the add-ons that came with the season's pass. So I ended up paying a little bit more that if I'd just got the add-ons. I like big machinery as I stated, so for FS19 I got the Cotton DLC, The Class Add on, Bourgault Pack, and the Anderson Pack. I think that's about 50% of what they offered for FS 19. So as has been talked about we can either wait as see what the packs offer and either buy them individually or buy the seasons pass when we know more.
Of course if you're the type that buys every add-on then getting it now makes sense.

For what it's worth I went through the DLC (at todays prices) and I spent $43 on 4 out of 8 Paid DLC's. The season's pass is $37.
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

That's why I don't buy the season passes. Most of the time its stuff I would never play with. I have only downloaded 2 packs from the DLC from fs19. The bourgault and the Claas. Everything else for my style is just clutter.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.