Giants, please make a story.

DEERE317

Re: Giants, please make a story.

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:48 am
ThatCanadianGuy wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:38 am
DEERE317 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:13 pm

That topic was in short that it’s purely a bad idea.
I am pretty sure that is already in the game, the experience points are called money.
Basically I don't think thats counts as experience points because you pay for a tractor and it decrease your money just for paying for a tractor or take loans...
Enchanting in Minecraft costs XP, and you can get it back by disenchanting, but with some depreciation.
And really defeats the build your own farm, nothing says you can’t buy a big expensive piece of equipment immediately IRL if you have the cash (terrible financial decision for a small farm though)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I can just imagine rocking up to our local tractor dealer, and have him say, no you can’t have this Deutz 7 series. You don’t have enough XP, you can barely unlock a 6 series!
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:27 am I can just imagine rocking up to our local tractor dealer, and have him say, no you can’t have this Deutz 7 series. You don’t have enough XP, you can barely unlock a 6 series!
You'll have to complete a quest for him. Round up 100 chickens from various parts of the map... And there's a time limit.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Why don't we just leave it to THE COUNCIL OF ELDERS....oh wait...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:27 pm Why don't we just leave it to THE COUNCIL OF ELDERS....oh wait...
It's even starting to sound like a RPG. :lol:
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

I don't think the story could ever happened with this series, but I must admit that if I'd show that cinematic trailer to my non-gamer friend, she would feel cheated for having absolute no story in the final product.
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Kamiko wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:19 pm I don't think the story could ever happened with this series, but I must admit that if I'd show that cinematic trailer to my non-gamer friend, she would feel cheated for having absolute no story in the final product.
What would the story even be about? There's just nothing there to really make it compelling. I would think improvements to the contracts system would be better. Perhaps those could actually be real characters that have some basic writing and voice acting to make them seem more real.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

Riven326 wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:37 am
Kamiko wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:19 pm I don't think the story could ever happened with this series, but I must admit that if I'd show that cinematic trailer to my non-gamer friend, she would feel cheated for having absolute no story in the final product.
What would the story even be about?
that probably would be Harvest moon level "story" :mrgreen:
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

The story begins with a council of elders
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

There's already a game which the OP might like. It's called Farmer's Dynasty and is story driven. It looked and sounded fun when it was first announced but became a real grind. You needed to grind money, xp, and relationship points before you could progress. I tried it out and found it to be too much of a grind. I much prefer FS where you can play how you want to and as others have said make a story using your imagination.
Also if you remember in FS17 you could gain reputation with other farmers by doing contracts to lower the price of land. But many said it was too much of a grind and the feature wasn't kept for FS19
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

deerefarm wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:06 pm You needed to grind money, xp, and relationship points before you could progress.
Wow, thats gonna take a long grind to complete the story. :shock:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Oddbob

Post by Oddbob »

Honestly this idea sounds horrible. I don't want to play how they story says I must, and I really don't want some AI person "teaching" me how to farm. Sounds super boring!
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

Natasha wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:38 pm...where npc's teach you all there is to know about farming...
Given that farming is done so much differently in every part of the world, i don't see how the "npc's teach you all there is to know about farming" part should work. Not to mention, only thing current AI can do, is just drive straight, and sometimes even that is too much to ask.
Natasha wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:38 pm You have the farming and driving part, but there is much more to farming than just tractors and fields, horses, sheeps, goats, dogs, cows, community kitchens that serve the food from the crops grown on the same farm, restaurants making organic food and drinks, shops that sell produce like icecream, meat, diary products and so on.
Where i'm from, it's not a thing. Maybe 0.0...% of agricultural holding use their own products to make something out of it.

And as some people have already said, with your own imagination, you can create whatever story you like. No matter which story Giants comes up with, there would be far more players who will not like it, than those who will.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Who needs a built-in story, when we'll have so many options available to us.
For example, in this farming simulator, we'll be able to pretend that we're a bakery owner who specializes in strawberry cakes. We'll all choose strawberry, because there probably isn't any other type to choose.
On the weekends, we can take a break from baking cake, because baking one flavor of cake day after day will likely get pretty boring.
So, on the weekends, in this farming simulator, we can do some logging around our bakery.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
hun3

Post by hun3 »

I think this is great idea...I played Farmers Dynasty and its a pretty horrible game compared to FS but I actually finished it because of the story.