Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

FarmBoss

Re: Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Post by FarmBoss »

Gormett wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 am I haven't bought the game yet because I always wait for reviews and I did watch a lot of the videos from Partners, from what I've seen so far it is pretty disappointing in my opinion. These are the issues I've noticed so far. The fact that the rain through buildings was fixed in FS19 after 10 years in the game and now the same bug has been reintroduced doesn't convince me that Giants has paid attention to the details or that the game isn't just as buggy as FS19
In all fairness, it's not about completing anything, it's about adding new things that will not likely be completed later.
Could be because everybody says they love all the new features, and not enough people ask why they don't finish those features.
shredhed79

Post by shredhed79 »

Well I pre-ordered it on ps4 and I don't even have the right version, they promised 2700 slots and I still have 1299. Other people have the higher slot count so how did I get a broken game when it's a digital download, as of typing this there still isn't an update.... from what I've played it seems to be a pretty huge difference between fs19 and 22. I still for the life of me cannot understand why they can't get reflective beacons on old gen when modders have done, it's not like they're utilizing ray tracing and I've come to the realization that the graphics will never really prove that much as long as they cling to their outdated engine. I just want to have the same game other players on my platform have and it would be awesome if giants actually addressed things
FarmerJimbob

Post by FarmerJimbob »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm Right-Trigger+D-Pad Up/Down

As to "feeling it" -- that's not going to happen for me until we get the first UK/Irish map, so probably Christmas by which time some odd corners will be knocked off and the first of the equipment mods.
Thanks. *thumbsup*

I do love a UK map myself but I've also liked Giants maps in the past particularly the US ones so I'll give the 3 base maps a good chance while I wait. From what very little I saw I felt the US map farm felt more like a proper farm than ever before with the fences and such but I didn't get very far!
Florish

Post by Florish »

Just found out: vehicles apparently are strappable to trailers ! I just drove a schaffer loader on the small trailer (the one fittable for the car) and it strapped down!! Major improvement !
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I played a couple of hours last night just as soon as my Xbox would let me. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
-Sounds are a HUGE improvement.
-Gears. Took too long to figure out how to use them but they're great.
-Graphics are somewhat better than FS19. Machines don't sparkle like they did.
-Elm creek isn't terrible.
-Vehicle sales. I already picked up a nice little Massey for half price.
-AI driving to and from the shop or whatever. It's not perfect but it's pretty neat.
-Vehicles strap to trailers. YES!!!!!!

Cons:
-lots of missing equipment. IE: nothing to use the 500+ tractors for.
-Vehicles still aren't as customizable as they should be. ie: can't get rid of front 3-point on most tractors.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more stuff will pop up as I keep playing. Overall happy with this release. Looking forward to the next 2 to 3 years with it.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
admmakon

Post by admmakon »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:12 pm I played a couple of hours last night just as soon as my Xbox would let me. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
-Sounds are a HUGE improvement.
-Gears. Took too long to figure out how to use them but they're great.
-Graphics are somewhat better than FS19. Machines don't sparkle like they did.
-Elm creek isn't terrible.
-Vehicle sales. I already picked up a nice little Massey for half price.
-AI driving to and from the shop or whatever. It's not perfect but it's pretty neat.
-Vehicles strap to trailers. YES!!!!!!

Cons:
-lots of missing equipment. IE: nothing to use the 500+ tractors for.
-Vehicles still aren't as customizable as they should be. ie: can't get rid of front 3-point on most tractors.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm sure more stuff will pop up as I keep playing. Overall happy with this release. Looking forward to the next 2 to 3 years with it.
Could you please explain how you managed to use manual gears on xbox?
I'm trying to figure it out since the game could started. Nor my controller nor my Logitech G923 are able to work with that.
For me the game without this manual transmission is a mistake and all other features putted in won't change my mind.
I'm playing on Xbox series X.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I LITERALLY CANNOT SCROLL THE MAP IN BUILD MODE! The left analog stick just moves the menu buttons so I’m stuck in one place. Absolutely horrible launch…I’m ok with some glitches and what not and still play…but I can’t even play! Wasted a preorder that’s for sure. And of course giants is radio silent
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Like the game so far. Few glitches here and there, but I think it's normal.

The biggest negative for me is the animal. yes they look good, but appart from the robot feeding shed, nothing has been worked on.

Worst part, is the way we have to feed them now...just dump in an invisible spot and it will magically appear in the feed trough. That's very, very disapointing.

Hopefully, modders will fix that.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

admmakon wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:02 pm Could you please explain how you managed to use manual gears on xbox?
Giants should have included a controller layout somewhere because I had to go to Reddit last night to figure it out.

You either have to be pressing the throttle (when moving) or brake + throttle (while not moving) to shift. You change gears up and down with up/down on the D-pad. You shift ranges with left and right on the D-pad. Press the left stick (plus throttle or brake + throttle) to shift between forward and reverse (like a shuttle shift).

Turn off automatic forward/reverse and you'll have to manually change between forward and reverse in a CVT/auto as well. Makes loader work way more fun.

This is going to take a bit of getting used to, but man is it nice! They didn't just give us a dumbed-down version of gears. They actually gave us the full range and a shuttle shift. *thumbsup*
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
lawm

Post by lawm »

I sense this version will be great......but its gonna take some time. The additions sound awesome and Giants will work out the bugs
Smokee

Post by Smokee »

Am I seeing right there is no UNDO button in Construction Mode?
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Smokee wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm Am I seeing right there is no UNDO button in Construction Mode?
Never has been.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Smokee wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:43 pm Am I seeing right there is no UNDO button in Construction Mode?
It's just not finished yet. I'm sure they'll get around to it someday... :wink3:
NorModding

Post by NorModding »

Hopefully they add some more steering sensitive adjustments for us who are using flight sticks and wheels as controler. It's quite static steering...not smooth at all even on the lowest percentage.
Florish

Post by Florish »

Would be more nice to have a decent wheel and shifter support on console.....

I have deinstalled the 7200 case, powershifting 20 times up and when you need to go backwards hit that damn button 40 times .... and so on. Would be nice to have a button for forward and backward so taht the powershifter can stay on the same position
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5