Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Florish

Re: Fs22 First Impressions (Community Conversation)

Post by Florish »

fenixguy wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:50 pm
Florish wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:16 pm Would be nice to have a button for forward and backward so taht the powershifter can stay on the same position
Press the left stick. Shuttles between forward and reverse.
Thanks for this, makes life way easier haha
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Florish

Post by Florish »

TaikaJamppa wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:30 pm I love the game, but I have a confusing question regarding G29 and shifter on console; wheel works, pedals work (excluding clutch), shifter doesn’t work. I have set the game as manual transmission (no clutch option).

Questions I have;

1. How do you operate stick shift on DS4?
2. How do you set up G29 + shifter for manual in FS22?
3. How to set up the shifter for automatic?
You cant configure it, it works just like fs19, to bad.... *thumbsdown*
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Trumpcard54455

Post by Trumpcard54455 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:50 am I give it a B- overall. It’s a much better starting off point than previous games. Looks are a B same with the feel, just not different enough than 19 to blow my mind, sounds are an A though. Equipment selection and options are a D, not many options and a really half hearted attempt at bringing different regional variations to the mix. Just a few having both Euro and American light or placard options but no row crop tires or spacings, then most other machines with one option or the other. Feels a bit like they just tried to ram as many brands as they could into the game then only focused on Jd, Claas, and Fendt/Massey in an attempt to keep the bulk of people quiet until mods roll in, makes you wonder if that’s why the survey asked so much about branding. On the flip side of this it’s good for the console folks though because modders will have many more licensed brands to bring to them. The American map is nice, it plays well small, it definitely makes me feel like I should have an old school barn with 100 head of dairy a stave silo and a manure spreader parked under the barn cleaner, another B. Productions are weird and I strongly dislike the over emphasis placed on them, C- with the only saving grace being the possible doors the addition may have opened for neat mods going forward. Animals get a B also, I really liked the ability to choose different aged animals and loved to see black angus, didn’t get much further with cattle but it appears all will be for dairy purposes which is pretty meh, hopefully someone can weigh in for certain though as I’m curious. All and all by the end of the night I was playing 19 again just because the American modding community killed it with 19 and it’s going to take a while for me to want to switch and lose some of the absolute gems that have been released.
Weird, with the barn we don't water or clean the cows...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I would say watering isn't weird. Most places have pumping hooked up for that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Draxh.G

Post by Draxh.G »

After 2 hours playing Fs 22, I can say that modded Fs19>Fs22 (rn)
Last edited by Draxh.G on Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSarkY

Post by TheSarkY »

My first impression is. meh.

1. I checked buildings and only one hay loft which looks worse than one in fs19 and its small (outside looks. not capacity)
2. We have placeable tank for fertilizer but not herbicide. it should accept both. But i love that you added fertil and herb to liquid trailers.
3. Again if we give contractor access to other farm, they cannot see any animal pen status
4. 4 trucks and out of 4, 3 are mack. GIVE US EURO TRUCK IN BASE GAME! Also american trucks have no traction compared to MAN or tractors.
5. Forest Harvester should have option to manually cut log when it cleans it.
6. I thought we gonna get hoses but apparently no, is it not realistic enough?
7. Large tractors are awful. so many missing and half of them are with tracks, most of tractors are john deer. Game could become John deer simulator.
8. Please consider adding vehicles to BASE GAME and not as mods, so many of us can use it in multiplayer server. Because you have no reason not to, not game changing mechanic but pure vehicle that you made Already.
9. Grant contractor access. it stayed the same as in fs19 we could really use better system for multiplayer servers.
10. We could use small sawmill for farms.
11. Snow only covers around field and field, why not farms aswel? what's point of cleaning snow that doesn't have to be cleaned and we already have our path clean. so what is point of snow plows? snow is also glitchy, its like changing texture really fast between normal and snow one so it looks like blinking.
12. Jungheinrich forklift is amazing i love it, but since i worked with real one i know for a fact that crane should go higher than one ingame. there is version with smaller (which still goes more than one ingame) and version with higher crane.
13. Building on farms that are placed on map are not usable and take space for things we could actually place and make ourself a farm. please consider making them sellable or remove them completely.
14. Playing with wheel is too hard because of delay ingame wheel has to actual wheel we use.
15. Not a single mirror is adjusted properly, I don't understand is that so hard to do?
16. Potatoes have nothing in production chains

One really important thing. you said we gonna have multi thread support but half of my threads are not in use and performance is as awful as was in fs19. it really makes me regret buying game. BTW Fps is not locked when screenshot was made.

Those are some issues but don't get me wrong, there are alot of good things, even tho sync is not removed I'm actually impressed how fast it is now.

I'm just hoping you gonna work on game and release patches and vehicles for actual game and stop releasing mods, mods are supposed to be from people custom made, if you as giants create vehicle then put it ingame and not as a mod.
Last edited by TheSarkY on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Fabristunt

Post by Fabristunt »

I hope we get some mod to make the placing of vines more user-friendly...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Trumpcard54455 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Weird, with the barn we don't water or clean the cows...
Weird? Like questioning someone else’s opinion on the game in a thread dedicated to sharing your opinion of said game rather than just leaving your own opinion….
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Florish wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:05 pm Just found out: vehicles apparently are strappable to trailers ! I just drove a schaffer loader on the small trailer (the one fittable for the car) and it strapped down!! Major improvement !
Nice! *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

7 hours downloading, another hour to go. maybe !! :hmm:
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Dale Kieser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 pm 7 hours downloading, another hour to go. maybe !! :hmm:
Your internet goes through smoke signals? 😂
Ignorance is bliss
Dale Kieser

Post by Dale Kieser »

Actually I have superfast 150 mbps service. I was guessing that the FS site is overbooked today. I noticed the last few months the FS site is very sloooowwwww.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^Noticed this last night with the website and forums, I haven't had that much trouble loading the forums since upgrading the internet.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

OKay - after a few hours on Elmcreek with my stream and youtube community.

1. People who bought from the webside got bonus vehicles that Steam buyers did not - screws up hosting and joining servers, (not to forget website pre-purchasers also got an 8-hour headstart accessing the game - none of us remember seeing that stated in the marketing and blog posts before the access times tweet this weekend).
2. AI workers need to lay off the drink and take their epilepsy meds before driving on the roads. They'd get a 12 month driving ban for that behaviour in the UK (might be why there's no UK map).
3. AI workers using sprayers and spreaders go up and down a field ONCE, then walk off the job.
4. AI workers still do not have a headlands and rows option like Courseplay in FS19 ... and some of the fields on Elmcreek absolutely need that option.
5. Cheapest square baler is 153,000 ... most expensive round baler is 99,000 (similar split in bale wrappers and bale trailers) - GIANTS are you trying to force us away from square bales? Have you ever used round bales on a Scottish or Welsh hill farm?
6. Ground texture for subsoilers and cultivators are identical (subsoilers used to give ploughed texture)
7. AI workers refuse to cultivate a sub-soiled field, and vice versa (ALL of Elmcreek requires ploughing on new game start - subsoiling is the quickest way to do it).
8. Subsoilers cannot cut fields any more in substitute for ploughs, unlike what the description says. There simply is no key assigned for "plough new fields" on subsoilers.
9. Starting buildings that are sellable are no longer visible in the farm's inventory list (you have to find them through the Construction sub menu in Building and Landscaping) - very VERY unintuitive.
10. Starting buildings are all either non-enterable or have unusable interiors - e.g. red barn on Elmcreek central farm - no space to use tractor with front loader to place bales in there (needs Super Strength hand lift mod).
11. General concensus in my follower community = "WTF is everything so expensive to buy or lease ... vehicles, buildings, consumables, etc. Only animals themselves have retained reasonable pricing".

General Note - all of us averaged over 1200 hours played on FS19 in both 2020 and in 2021, so far. We're not the usual 20-hours-total-game-time critics.

Is there any point to Elmcreek field 44 other than as somewhere to lay concrete and place greenhouses? It must be the smallest starter field ever in an FS release.

Grudging thanks ... for adding back the Case 7200 series via modhub - but why in the name of all things farming was it not in the initial release?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Nice things I notice now I’m going through the seasons, is that the trees change very slowly from green to yellow and red. And slowly from yellow and red to leafless. This is nice that it happens slowly and not in one night.

Also noticed the flowers in the grass go away. I’m at december first now and the flowers are gone and the grass is shorter. This is nice, cause flowers in the grass when there’s snow on the ground… no no

Maybe it would be nice if the noice… I means wind, would be less loud in spring and summer.

Now, December 18… 0 degrees Celsius… frost on the grass, crops and trees!

So much detail. Nicely done Giants
Ignorance is bliss