Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

garyst

Re: Hyper-slow growth, 0 fun, dead game

Post by garyst »

Ten months from planting til harvest? So if I plant my corn in early March using 2 day seasons my corn won't be ready to harvest until early December? Another question is it possible to take plant withering off? I am not seeing the option in the menu.
crash

Post by crash »

10months? That's not right at all, not for UK, Norway or US. Here it's planting april, if lucky, may and June. Harvest august september, and maybe October. So typical 4months for cereal crops. Winter wheat/rye would have to be in ground by mid september.
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

lol sounds like this should be called Sleeping Simulator 22
Doesn't seem too appealing to me. When you're not sleeping, you're doing forestry to pay the bills, then there's a little farming thrown in, for the brands.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

cedricthecat wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:06 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:37 pm Basically players who were used to being able to plant a crop and harvest it in the same game day in FS19 due to the Fast Growth Setting, are going to be very disappointed that in FS22, crop growth is far more realistic and time consuming.
Now I'm worried that I'm going to be spending more time "forward fasting" than actually playing the game.
It is very annoying to find important things that have changed for the worse.

First I waited 12 hours to download the game. Then I found that it doesn't look better than FS19, for me, it looks like a cartoon. It seems to me the smallest evolution (or just a little step back), compared to the differences between FS15-17 or FS17-19. Just sounds are better.

After the bugfest of first days of FS19 when the header was stuck in the ground in some fields, now I have to wait/sleep 10 days for the field to be ready?! What did I do wrong to receive such punishment? I dont like to try multiple jobs in same day, first I like to test/work every single plant. And it takes so much time.

This is not good.
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

The growth time differs for each crop, they are the follows:
  • Poplar 13 months
  • Canola 11 months
  • Sugarcane 10 months
  • Wheat 10 months
  • Barley 9 months
  • Cotton 8 months
  • Sunflowers 7 months
  • Potatoes 7 months
  • Olives 7 months
  • Grapes 6 months
  • Soybeans 6 months
  • Corn 6 months
  • Sugar Beet 5 months
  • Oat 4 months
  • Sorghum 4 months
  • Grass 2 months
  • Oilseed Radish 1 month
With Seasonal Growth off, you can easily use double cropping. *thumbsup*

(Crops 101) Introduction to Crop Types: Overview
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

garyst wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:36 pm Ten months from planting til harvest? So if I plant my corn in early March using 2 day seasons my corn won't be ready to harvest until early December? Another question is it possible to take plant withering off? I am not seeing the option in the menu.
I hope we can turn it off!

I don't like the jeopardy of stuff I've planted getting ruined if I don't harvest it by a computer generated deadline. Again, I know it's not realistic, but my preference in playing FS is not to be dashing around like a maniac, rather to do tasks that I enjoy as and when I choose.
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

bossmanslim wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:07 pm Two things,

1) turn off seasons
2) you can sleep anytime, not at a specific time as in the past games. You can literally run a full year of game time in less than 20 minutes if so desired. Pick the desired wake up time and go.
Just don't try to do this on start from scratch, because as things stand right now, the only way to get a sleep trigger appear to be to buy a farmhouse for £150k.

I found this out last night and have just modified the game files to reduce the farmhouse to £15k instead.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Amarlich wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm
  • Canola 11 months
  • Wheat 10 months
  • Barley 9 months
  • Sunflowers 7 months
  • Soybeans 6 months
  • Corn 6 months
  • Sugar Beet 5 months
  • Oat 4 months
  • Sorghum 4 months
  • Grass 2 months
  • Oilseed Radish 1 month
So now you're telling Canola takes almost a year including the wheat. Very Unrealistic. *thumbsdown*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

letsgo2u wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:31 pm Its not solved because on dedicated servers you can not use the sleep function.

You can also not keep the game running at 120 speed.

The current implementation just doesnt work.

why not give us back plant growth when Season is deactivated ingame?
it can be used i have been watching a stream who got early access to fs 22 and he has been playing with other's and the sleep work's fine just everyone who is on the server has to click yes for it to work.
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

gordon861 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:40 pm Just don't try to do this on start from scratch, because as things stand right now, the only way to get a sleep trigger appear to be to buy a farmhouse for £150k.

I found this out last night and have just modified the game files to reduce the farmhouse to £15k instead.
I simply added 150k to my account so that I could buy the farm house. I don't feel like wasting hours waiting for the next day to arrive. They should make the farmhouse free and not hide such an essential feature behind it.

As for the start from scratch difficulty level: Interest for a 500k loan is over 50k a year. There is no way one can make that much money within a year without abusing greenhouses.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

Amarlich wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm The growth time differs for each crop, they are the follows:
Who decided to change that? They are wrong!

This is a game. I don't have 10 months or 5 months or 5 real days to spend in a game for a single harvest. It's a game, not real life. If I want to do this in real life, I don't play this game anymore. It destroys gameplay.

In a game, I want just to play some field (= about 15 minutes? real time minutes), to put some seeds in the ground and "next day" (sleep for next day = wait about 1 real minute) to harvest. 15 minutes to play, 1 minute to wait. Do you understand the balance? Next "day", "work" another 10-15 real minutes another plant, and wait again 1 minute. And so on. Who decided to destroy that nice gameplay?
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:43 pm

So now you're telling Canola takes almost a year including the wheat. Very Unrealistic. *thumbsdown*
It's not unrealistic for all areas though, that said spring wheat and barley are more common in some areas and are something we have in the U.K where winter cereals are in the majority.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

It looks like we have found our new useless dog event... A stupid idea that absolutely nobody wanted. But Giants have once again taken it upon themselves to force it upon the community!
AlexB

Post by AlexB »

gordon861 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:40 pm farmhouse for £150k.
The prices of buildings have always bugged me. First the game extorts 150k (was it 250k in FS19?) from you just to be able to fast forward time. Then, it extorts money for sheds which are purely cosmetic in the unmodded game. Even the dog costs whooping 2500. Like, why?
OnlyMe

Post by OnlyMe »

I hope that at some point Giants can update the game so seasons can be turned off for real and growth cycle like in fs19 can be reinstated. Giants ruined the game for players that play the game in a more arcade way. Until this gets fixed I’ll go back to fs19.
Playing on PS4