Robot feeder

SteveB1975

Robot feeder

Post by SteveB1975 »

Hi all,

Is anyone having issues with the Robot feeder? Mine just won't work, I've filled all the bays with food but nothing is happening, am I missing something?
StoneTheCrows

Re: Robot feeder

Post by StoneTheCrows »

Can't answer the question about the robot feeder. But just as a matter of interest, what do robots eat?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

It's on every hour and u need to be outside
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Not sure but check some youtube videos.

I guess after fillings the bays, there's a switch to click on near the robot to activate it, it drops a net for the robot to start picking in the bays and mixing, after that it will bring it to its dropzone.

:hi:
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
roggek

Post by roggek »

enigmqtik wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:10 pm Not sure but check some youtube videos.

I guess after fillings the bays, there's a switch to click on near the robot to activate it, it drops a net for the robot to start picking in the bays and mixing, after that it will bring it to its dropzone.

No, you have to be outside the loading bays, not near the robot and the robot works on the hour every hour. If you want to see the robot working, approach the net with your flashlight on.
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

roggek wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:26 pm
enigmqtik wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:10 pm Not sure but check some youtube videos.

No, you have to be outside the loading bays, not near the robot and the robot works on the hour every hour. If you want to see the robot working, approach the net with your flashlight on.
Thank's for the info ! *thumbsup*
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
Adamvet

Post by Adamvet »

I think robot need mineral, straw, hay and silage. Then you have to wait till 4 am. My robot starts at this time without any issues.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:04 pm Can't answer the question about the robot feeder. But just as a matter of interest, what do robots eat?
An even more important questions is, do robots dream of Electric Sheep?
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
SteveB1975

Post by SteveB1975 »

Thanks all, definitely something wrong with mine, I've sped up time and doesn't work. I'll start another game and try again. Thanks for all the feedback
chale8

Post by chale8 »

Does anyone know if the robot will work with bales or does it have to be loose hay / straw? Debating whether I need to spring for a hay loft or can just work with a bale stack.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

The robot feeder's not working for me either, plenty of food in the bays but nothing's happening.

It didn't seem to like bales, but it also doesn't seem to like loose food. I'm having another problem where some of my silage has turned into a solid mass that neither leveller nor silage fork can move. I think I may have to go back to 19 until this whole mess gets fixed.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

chale8 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 pm The robot feeder's not working for me either, plenty of food in the bays but nothing's happening.

It didn't seem to like bales, but it also doesn't seem to like loose food. I'm having another problem where some of my silage has turned into a solid mass that neither leveller nor silage fork can move. I think I may have to go back to 19 until this whole mess gets fixed.
Do you have miners feed in as well?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
chale8

Post by chale8 »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:11 pm
chale8 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:06 pm The robot feeder's not working for me either, plenty of food in the bays but nothing's happening.

Do you have miners feed in as well?
No, is the mineral essential for the robot to work?

TBH even if that gets the robot running I still have the problem with the solidified and now stuck silage, the frame drops, the fact that the game doesn't quit properly and I have to quit it from the Xbox home screen, the economy being screwed, harvesting contracts being broken etc etc etc.

Honestly if I could get a refund from Microsoft right now I would but it looks like I'm stuck with the buggy mess until Giants fix it. I'm sure it will be great when it's working properly but I am bitterly disappointed that I've bought the game and it's a total mess.
chale8

Post by chale8 »

OK so I can confirm that the robot feeder doesn't work with bales and as making silage in a clamp is also broken it's a total non-starter.

Don't buy the robot.
tankieboy

Post by tankieboy »

Same problems here, robot inop and unable to clear silage clamp.