Should I wait to buy FS22?

Riven326

Should I wait to buy FS22?

Post by Riven326 »

I was an early adopter for FS19 and I thought it was quite buggy for a while. How does FS22 compared in this regard? I'd it worth pulling the trigger for now or should I wait a few months for the bugs tp be squashed?
MrSquealypig

Re: Should I wait to buy FS22?

Post by MrSquealypig »

Buy now and get used to the new features so you'll be in full swing when the mods start coming in.
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

I mean no matter the bug situation fs22 will not be nearly as good as 19 for a couple months just because of mods. Once some of the big mods get transferred to 22 it will be good I bet, and by that time most of the bugs should be gone.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:22 pm Buy now and get used to the new features so you'll be in full swing when the mods start coming in.
Is there any American equipment? Having to use European stuff on an American map was very jarring in 19.
Shintai

Post by Shintai »

There is be a patch before christmas, then more patches next year. Plus mods are missing for now.

No harm in waiting a month or 2.
rasilo

Post by rasilo »

What's your playstyle? If you enjoy working with money and climbing your way up in the start from scratch mode, then you should wait. Balancing is all over the place.

Apart from that, I'd say go for it. Yes, there are bugs, but most features are playable.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

rasilo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm What's your playstyle? If you enjoy working with money and climbing your way up in the start from scratch mode, then you should wait. Balancing is all over the place.

Apart from that, I'd say go for it. Yes, there are bugs, but most features are playable.
My main concerns are bugs and the lack of American equipment. I prefer larger fields with large equipment.
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

If you're planning to buy it at some point, then getting it now versus later doesn't really matter.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Except it might go on sale later like fs19 did. Also pc is getting American equipment already. Also giants tried to put some in, but they didn't get them quite right still.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Octopuss

Post by Octopuss »

Shintai wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm There is be a patch before christmas, then more patches next year. Plus mods are missing for now.

No harm in waiting a month or 2.
Yes, I presume history will repeat itself for xxx'th time where the company will release maybe three updates in a year, only fixing a few things in each and completely ignore any feedback.
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

Does anybody have any info on console performance? Running an Xbox One X here.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Riven326 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:23 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:22 pm Buy now and get used to the new features so you'll be in full swing when the mods start coming in.
Is there any American equipment? Having to use European stuff on an American map was very jarring in 19.
Yes there are US Equipments, not all of them though. *thumbsup*
rasilo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:25 pm What's your playstyle? If you enjoy working with money and climbing your way up in the start from scratch mode, then you should wait. Balancing is all over the place.

I prefer American Style, since in the US, since I started on FS19 I was mostly on European Equipment on US or European maps, now I'm more of US Style.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
gibleis

Post by gibleis »

I'd would advise to wait and see. The amount of bugs in this game is crazy. I've been testing out workers this morning and every "target is unreachable" or game just locks up completely when I click start job. Haven't gotten a worker to start a job once yet :(
Bruisie150

Post by Bruisie150 »

Personally, I did buy on Xbox one and played for a while but then refunded for now. It’s the same old story with me, I tend to feel like
We’ve moved backwards when a new game comes out because of the lack of mods!

The main things for me are no U.K. maps and a feeling of “dumbing down” animals but that’s only because I was spoilt with seasons before and enjoyed the more realistic fattening up and selling on type of gameplay which of co ur de doesn’t exist at the moment. I’m sure I will rebuy it at some point tho, maybe after Christmas