Fs22 on apple silicon

Brixke

Fs22 on apple silicon

Post by Brixke »

Hey,

I have a base model m1 macbook air, when I launch the game it goes through the intro with a solid 60 fps and when I get to the menu screen the game just crashes. I don't think its a performance issue, I just feel like m1 support isn't there yet. If anyone else has this problem please let me know, and hopefully we can find a fix.

Greetings.
don_apple

Re: Fs22 on apple silicon

Post by don_apple »

Hello and welcome to the forum!

According to the following post in the german section of the forum the macOS version of the game that is available via Steam or Epic isn't supported on Macs with the M1 processor: viewtopic.php?f=956&t=181596#p1424782
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Aspharanx

Post by Aspharanx »

In case it helps anybody, I'm running FS22 (Steam version) on my MacBook M1 Pro using Parallels 17 (the same way I used to run FS19 on my M1 MacBook Pro). However, if I started the game it gave me an error that it could not init 3D and stating I needed new gpu drivers for shaders 6.0 and linking me to either Nvidia or ATI drivers. Changing the render engine in the game.xml (game folder) to D3D_11 instead of D3D_12 fixed that for me. I've successfully played a half hour already on my Macbook M1 Pro.
Magnus-Arvidsson

Post by Magnus-Arvidsson »

I just bought the game and has the same problem. Please solve it Giants! So sad right now. It it doesn't get fixed. Can I get a refund? Bu most of all. Just make it work <3
CallMeTheArrow

Post by CallMeTheArrow »

GIANTS just needs to release the patch to add M1 support to Steam and Epic then. Other games on Steam officially support the M1 CPU, for example look at the Mac system requirements for this game (for comparison purposes only). https://store.steampowered.com/app/1519 ... ia_Safari/ (I am not endorsing, nor recommending that game, and have not played it). You can see that they officially list M1 Macs as being fully supported in the system requirements, though. So if they can do it, so can GIANTS.