Needs to be plowed is still on??

Xtrememaster

Needs to be plowed is still on??

Post by Xtrememaster »

Hello

My game seems to have a problem on the PC.

I turned off Periodic plowing in the game settings.
But the colored map still showed that my three fields still needs to be plowed.

So iam guessing it wont work right..

Here i put the setting to off (yes in dutch language)

And here it shows the three field in Red color (i marked them with black boxes.)

Pre-ordered FS17 1x xbox one version, 1x steam version 1x Giants store versionHaving 2x saitek heavy equipment steers (one is here and the other under way) Also pre-ordered the FS17 collectors edition. *thumbsup* *thumbsup* *thumbsup* :chinese:
parad0x177

Re: Needs to be plowed is still on??

Post by parad0x177 »

If memory serves, FS19 was the same way; the map would indicate plowing was required, but yields weren’t reduced. You may want to experiment to see whether or not there is a difference in yield with the setting on versus off.

Good luck!
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I agree with parad0x177 above, this happened in FS19 too. I usually plow them once to get rid of the red and then you don't need to do them again, this is optional but it makes it easier to see the soil state once they've been plowed once.
lonny

Post by lonny »

I would classify this behavior as minor UI bug. If the game setting "Periodic Plowing Required" is turned off, the state "Needs plowing" should not be visible in the world map, and the filter for "plowing" in the world map should be disabled. Same for the game setting "Lime Required".
BUFORDFARMBOY

Post by BUFORDFARMBOY »

Just turn off the "needs to be plowed" overlay so it's not showing. And when you disable there is no difference in yield as far as I can tell.
https://www.youtube.com/c/BUFORDMAPPING
Been playing FS since 2008 and haven't had a single regret. Ty Giants for all you do.
lonny

Post by lonny »

BUFORDFARMBOY wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:57 pm Just turn off the "needs to be plowed" overlay so it's not showing. And when you disable there is no difference in yield as far as I can tell.
Now I feel so stupid, that I didn't thought of that. Finally, the railroad track, the highway and all the industrial buildings on Elmcreek don't require plowing anymore :biggrin2: