Graphics not as expected

Stevieray

Graphics not as expected

Post by Stevieray »

I have been playing for about 5hrs now, so I have given it a try. I do not see a big difference between fs19 and fs22. There are some minor improvements and it seems to be optimized better but it definitely is not next gen graphics! The beginning video is horribly blurry! The buildings in game mostly are very plain with very little detail. It just doesn't compare to the current games on the market. It seems unfinished, like giants just put out a base game and expect the modders to finish the sim for them. I recently played Forza Horizon 5 and the fields and crops throughout the map look much better then FS22 and that is a driving game not a farming sim. Do I have the graphics set wrong or is this the way the sim is intended to be?
TypvomDorf

Re: Graphics not as expected

Post by TypvomDorf »

You´ve got the wrong expectations, bro.
This isn't some AAA high polished graphics firework and it was never intented to be.
You cannot compare it with Forza or something, FS was never about the graphics.
Stevieray

Post by Stevieray »

I guess I didn't realize this wasn't a AAA game. After developing games for 13 years I guess I expected more. As long as the user base is just satisfied with the subpar graphics the developers will have no need to improve. Imagine how great this sim could be if they put in the effort to make a sim comparable to current generation games on the market.
Tigidou

Post by Tigidou »

As mentioned you expect too much. A studio making games for 13 years does not make them a AAA studio. They definitely don't have 100 million dollars to put into a game. It's not a third person action/story game, nor is it an rpg, a battle royale or an mmo. As far as how great this game could be that depends on competition. There is little to none of that. It's just the way things work, they are essentially making the same game every time just with minor improvements. That said FS 22 has more new features than any FS game has had before, while FS 19 had the biggest graphical improvement so the last two titles have been improving the game more. Fs 22 also has better sound.
Stevieray

Post by Stevieray »

My expectations were based on the trailer. I am new to this series. I just discovered it a few months ago, it peaked my interest. Based on the trailer I thought it was going to be a story driven farming RPG. It has the potential to be so much better if it was what I expected it to be. That is not unreasonable considering the gaming tech available to developers today. Based on the previous comments this sim needs more funding! It seems to have a large user base but is not on the same level of quality to what most games currently being released.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

very disappointed with the performance and graphics. settings all very high. there is no wind that moved trees, grass, crops, etc. the trees stand still and look like plastic
carsian995

Post by carsian995 »

"there is no wind that moved trees"
Indeed, I am observing this in FS22, whereas in FS19 trees moved!
Is my observing correct?
If yes, wouldn´t this mean a step backward?
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

carsian995 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:40 am "there is no wind that moved trees"
Indeed, I am observing this in FS22, whereas in FS19 trees moved!
Is my observing correct?
If yes, wouldn´t this mean a step backward?
Trees, crops, grass, and other plants do move. They move more or less depending on the weather. From what I've seen, the movmements are subtle when the weather is nice, but when it rains, for example, the movements are more significant.
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

the trees did feel more real on FS19, and i agree on the coment at currrent FS22 the trees DO look more plastic. althou the overal look is some what better, and more features that was in mods on FS19 are now in base game.
But i Hope Giants Fix it with a update/patch ASAP, along with other things i hope to see more regular basis fix/updates/patch.
perwel

Post by perwel »

No problem better then FS19 PC Win10

At first me too thought it looked terrible blurry but.......

I increased everything in Advanced settings to max and now it looks better then FS19
Knife sharp and sharp visual distance longer then FS19

What system do you have?
My spec below
Win 10 Pro, i5 11600K 4.9 Ghz, RTX 3060 Ti 8GB, 32Gb mem, 4 SSD, 2 M2, 1 HDD
Per W
Sweden