No more Console Mods Until Game Patched

norfolk farmer

Re: No more Console Mods Until Game Patched

Post by norfolk farmer »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:16 am They will release the patch just 2 days before they go on holiday. Then said patch adds more problems. Have to wait till after their holiday for them to sort through the next lot of new issue's/fixes.
So sometime around mid year for the game to become something like it should have been pre release.
That's my fear as I'm sure last time patches ofthen then needed another patch.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

gordon861 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:39 am Some guy called Kermit (or something, Community Co-ordinator?) said before Christmas on their Twitch stream earlier.

When I tried to claim about being kept in the dark on the official forums, the response was along the lines of "We have too many social media channels so concentrate of others than the forums, go to Discord", I tried to push for a conversation about how stuff Discord is for a proper discussion it was pretty much ignored.

Personally I think this is BS and they just can't be bothered to actually engage with the community in anything more than short comments on Discord.

Giants are the reason these forums are so salty, they just keep their customers in the dark and leave us to argue amongst ourselves about whatever stuff they are doing (or not doing) now. I don't know what the answer is, perhaps we should all head over to Discord and start spreading the salt there too?
Funny how they find plenty of time too come on here when they have something too sell.....
howey

Post by howey »

Very suprised to read about this has I have occurred no problems from mods at all on PS5.

Like some have said if they release the patch just before they go on holidays and the patch contains new bugs that are worst then now then there will be alot of uproar for sure. I hope that doesn't happen and I hope the patch does come this week at least so if they are any new bugs arise in the patch there is still time for them to correct them before they go on holidays.

All in all this is why I think it is unwise to release a new game at this time of the year as situations like this and others do happen and your battling against time to sought it out and make the customers happy with their product.
crash

Post by crash »

Watch the replay on farm simshow from last night👍
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
richnshaz

Post by richnshaz »

I had a problem with it crashing when switching between vehicles. deleted the large pigsty and cow barn with automatic feeding kept sheep and seems to work fine now still can’t access PlayStation store for season pass but remember when 19 came out it had a few teething problems I’m sure all will be sorted soon
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Giants communication is terrible in general unless they are pushing for sales. That being said, they did a bang up job fixing FS19 witching a few months of release. So I guess it’s all about expectations.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

crash wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:14 pm Haven't had any problems really except that some mods say installed in the new mods folder, when I haven't installed them. Are they going to keept testing consoles mods?So that there is a bunch waiting to be realased? Would be stupid if the patch comes last day before Christmas, and no new mods till next year.. 😑
It looked to me that as soon as the number of mods grew beyond one screen the "modhub" lost track of what was installed or not, I stopped looking for new mods at that point and make sure to double check before I start that the mods list looks correct... I see savegame corruptions if it isn't just a visual/display issue.
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

I've had the desktop crash on PC when I install new modhub mods. I will say it happens about 50% of the time.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Ro4dKi11

Post by Ro4dKi11 »

ace54858 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:57 am
Ro4dKi11 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:36 am We wouldn't be hearing ..it if the patch was a week away, more like a month if we're lucky. Thanks Giants
na in another post giants had said we will get a patch before chrismas.
They also told us we would be able to turn off seasons, and plenty of other lies as well. I won't be holding my breath.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Ro4dKi11 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:24 am
ace54858 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:57 am
Ro4dKi11 wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:36 am We wouldn't be hearing ..it if the patch was a week away, more like a month if we're lucky. Thanks Giants
na in another post giants had said we will get a patch before chrismas.
They also told us we would be able to turn off seasons, and plenty of other lies as well. I won't be holding my breath.
seasons can be turned off to a point just not the crop growth
Ro4dKi11

Post by Ro4dKi11 »

lol just what seasons changes
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Ro4dKi11 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:56 am lol just what seasons changes
Their seasons changes when you can or cant plant / harvest. etc. You can turn off seasons to plant whenever you want to, then just skip days to harvest
Playing on PC and PS4
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I’m very curious what the issues are? They said thanks for pointing them out?! I have a slew of problems but I don’t think it’s from mods? Unless the frame rate drops, and what not are from them?

Even if they patch comes, I doubt she see a lot of mods before the long holiday break. Kinda disappointing for players on time off or kids.
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
Corstaad

Post by Corstaad »

My game won't allow me to use A button in the purchase windows. A works in every other piece of the game. When I go into bug report section it wants me to Login but won't accept my password :). Today is bug day for giants.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

You need to create a new account for the bug tracker, your forum account doesn't work.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!