Always need 2 weeders?

InstaBuzz

Always need 2 weeders?

Post by InstaBuzz »

Is there a weeder that eliminates ALL weeds in 1 pass? I stay on top of weeding, and always catch them in the first grow stage when they are small. But any kind of weeder I use never takes the percentage down to 0. The only way I can get to 0% weeds is to use a non-spray weeder on a field followed by a sprayer with herbicide. Is there anything out there that can get me to 0% with one pass?
bossmanslim

Re: Always need 2 weeders?

Post by bossmanslim »

The game is such a buggy mess I'd wait until it patched before considering any of the game mechanics set.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

You can always spray herbicide right after sowing/planting. That should prevent weeds from appearing. Unless it's a bug that's going to be fixed.

Otherwise, if you're at 75% weeds - use the Einböck Chopstar, that one should bring them down to 0%. Not sure if it works at 100%, I haven't tested.

You don't need to do anything about weeds that pop up on an empty, cultivated field - those can be eliminated by just by sowing over them.
NateS

Post by NateS »

plowing before planting eliminates weeds all together. They won't grow. Yes, plowing is time consuming, but it's better than having to check the field every growth state and go over it multiple times.
PC & PS4
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

InstaBuzz wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:10 pm Is there a weeder that eliminates ALL weeds in 1 pass? I stay on top of weeding, and always catch them in the first grow stage when they are small. But any kind of weeder I use never takes the percentage down to 0. The only way I can get to 0% weeds is to use a non-spray weeder on a field followed by a sprayer with herbicide. Is there anything out there that can get me to 0% with one pass?
This is by design.

How did you cultivate the field?
AgroDude

Post by AgroDude »

NateS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 pm plowing before planting eliminates weeds all together. They won't grow. Yes, plowing is time consuming, but it's better than having to check the field every growth state and go over it multiple times.
^ This.

Ploughing is the best way (and personally I like it).
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

^--- I swear I have OCD when it comes to games. I tend to prep my fields in advance, so after I harvest them... once I find some down time. I will Lime (if needed) > Mulch > Plow (if needed) > Cultivate and finally De-Stone. So when the weeds hit, I can't help but grab the weeder and run it... to keep the field looking nice while it's laying dormant awaiting it's next crop. :lol:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

I think it's a bug cause I had two fields one field the weeder barley touched the weeds and the next totally cleared them 100%
Ploughing takes 10x longer than weeding and brings up big stones that you then have to go and lift...
Spraying with herbicide is the easiest method of weed control.
dio0

Post by dio0 »

To remove weeds with weeder in one pass, you need to before sowing use deep cultivator. If you use shallow cultivator or disc harrow you need weeder and sprayer.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:45 pm I think it's a bug cause I had two fields one field the weeder barley touched the weeds and the next totally cleared them 100%
Ploughing takes 10x longer than weeding and brings up big stones that you then have to go and lift...
Spraying with herbicide is the easiest method of weed control.
But spraying still leaves 50% weeds
NateS

Post by NateS »

Also, spraying with herbicide creates a yield DECREASE. The game is designed to encourage using the plow.
PC & PS4
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

NateS wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:38 pm plowing before planting eliminates weeds all together. They won't grow. Yes, plowing is time consuming, but it's better than having to check the field every growth state and go over it multiple times.
I can weed twice faster than I can plow and remove stones. And I don't have to check every stage. Once the crop hits the first grow stage the weeds appear. I go over them with non-sprayer then a sprayer and they stay gone until the same time next cycle. It's very predictable. I'm just looking for time saver weeders
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

GothicKing13 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:44 pm ^--- I swear I have OCD when it comes to games. I tend to prep my fields in advance, so after I harvest them... once I find some down time. I will Lime (if needed) > Mulch > Plow (if needed) > Cultivate and finally De-Stone. So when the weeds hit, I can't help but grab the weeder and run it... to keep the field looking nice while it's laying dormant awaiting it's next crop. :lol:
Thats exactly the order I use. Harvest, mulch, cultivate/sow, fertilize, weed. And of course I lime, plow, and de stone when needed.
InstaBuzz

Post by InstaBuzz »

mackintosh wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:13 pm You can always spray herbicide right after sowing/planting. That should prevent weeds from appearing. Unless it's a bug that's going to be fixed.

Otherwise, if you're at 75% weeds - use the Einböck Chopstar, that one should bring them down to 0%. Not sure if it works at 100%, I haven't tested.

You don't need to do anything about weeds that pop up on an empty, cultivated field - those can be eliminated by just by sowing over them.
I'll try that chopstar. I'd like to weed with just 1 pass. Tired of paying for AI to run the fields twice. I'd do it myself but there are other tasks with animals that I can't have AI do and those keep me busy
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Lol so confused.