Is anyone playing FS22? - Serious Question

Are you still playing or are you waiting for fixes?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:25 pm

Yes
75%
No - I'm back to FS19 for a short time
10%
No - I'm taking a break from the FS franchise
14%

Total votes: 195

hugassi

Re: Is anyone playing FS22? - Serious Question

Post by hugassi »

back to fs19 at Marwell Manor farm until OxygenDavid give us a top map again.
GIANTS Software: Partner Program :hi:
nsp32

Post by nsp32 »

I pre ordered on my PS4 pro and initially very disappointed in 22.But I joined this forum and looked and learned and went back to FS19 which I started playing in April 2021.But I then brought a PS5 and it transformed the look and feel of 22.I’ve been playing around on the alps map and finally started a farm.Yes,there’s a few bugs and issues,and I hate the slow crop growth,but just the machine sounds and realistic beacons is enough for me lol.No doubt changing to a PS5 has made a big difference,but I’ve not gone back to 19 now.Once we get some decent uk maps and the updates/bugs are ironed out,I can see me spending more and more time on FS22.
SechzgerHiase

Post by SechzgerHiase »

playing and enjoying it in all aspects. Best vanilla-FS since 2009!
Reallife Vlogs aus der Land- & Forstwirtschaft:

https://www.youtube.com/c/WoidHias
pedrodefig

Post by pedrodefig »

Have played 82 hours and not gone back to FS19. Still trying things out and learning. But really longing for some good UK maps!!!
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I've been playing it since launch day and haven't went back to FS19 at all. Nothing serious yet, just mostly testing out all the new features and learning the mod converting process while I wait for the patch and a 4x map. I don't have any major complaints. Elm Creek is probably the best base American map so far. Although I really enjoyed Goldcrest Valley.

The new features are great and the ability to have the AI drive things to your farm from the store and send a truck to a sell point is awesome. I turned off the rocks feature after about 1 hour. I've only ever picked 2 rocks out of a field in my life and those were small enough to pick up and throw in a pickup.

The new fencing system is cool too, but I was pretty bummed to find out it's just for decoration and not something you can use to make your own cattle pastures.

I really miss precision farming, so I don't know how serious I'll get until that comes out.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I’m playing and enjoying it but not playing seriously until the patch drops, I just cheated in a few million and am using it as a sandbox. Hopefully the patch fixes the broken contracts, levels the economy and ideally gives the option for fs19 style fast growth, although I can live without that and fill in the slack time between harvests with contracts. Then I’ll start playing properly and work up to doing livestock.
lawm

Post by lawm »

No. And dont care until the modders can get the goods to us console players. They should find a way to get modders a head start before a release. I should have stuck to my rule from 19......wait a year
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I dropped 19 for 22real quick.

Engine sounds, looks and improved all round game play did the job. Even the base game maps are the best I’ve seen since…

Although there’s bugs crawling around I still think it’s a great.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

I'm playing it. As much flak as the game has been getting and as much as I agree with some of the things said, I must say this game is lightyears better than 19 was. I was immensely disappointed with 19 and never hardly played it even after getting all the mods like seasons and lone oak. This time around, I think giants actually did a really good job in making a balanced game and making the map and equipment a lot more catered to American fans. Even with seasons I think they found a good balance. I know it's maybe not quite as realistic as the mod version, but in my opinion the mod version is becoming way too realistic even for a simulator. For one it takes them a year or more to even release the mod itself, and to me when playing a game I think there's a fine line where you begin to lose enjoyment for the sake of picking up realism, and I think giants take on seasons right now is on the right side of that line where it's almost real enough, but still enjoyable. Even just the way certain things were implemented in seasons 19 like the weeds is a prime example, remember how we couldn't hire workers for weeding anymore because they had the weeds "realistic" and staggered through the field? Yeah that mod totally broke weeders for me.

It's not meant as an attack on realismus but rather a defence of giants in saying I think they at least redeemed themselves from the launch of fs19 in my books, even if there a few bugs.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Still playing though nothing too serious as I'll not be surprised if progress will be lost when the first patch arrives. Also even though the maps are a big improvement from previous versions they still don't interest me that much so I will not get properly going until the first really good mod map appears.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I managed 12 hours of gameplay before becoming bored witless of the SinglePlayer and GIANTS maps... nothing against them personally, they just don't engage me enough to enjoy the game to keep playing.

I have thoroughly enjoyed some of the improvements they've made to Fs22... no.1 being the improved sounds.

But again not having a realistic looking map just takes the shine off very quickly.

Instead I've gone back to Blender and making 3D models for my maps instead.

With the little info we've been told and know so far, UK mod maps, at least, won't be worth releasing until patch 1.3, earlier releases will have limitations because of features GIANTS forgot to add in to 22, so will be far more straightforward to wait until that patch drops which if 1.2 is set to drop this month then hopefully before Spring 22 for patch 1.3

Overall I feel Fs22 is a much better base than Fs19 ever was. Just going to be a little while until it gets to that sweet spot.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

I saw video with soooo many bugs that I'd gladly pass for now XD
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

I, like a few here, chucked in a few million and had a play with most of the new/big stuff, I’m not playing it seriously yet. I’m already fed up of the maps, none are to my taste sadly. I really like the new sounds, textures and the additional features BUT I’m playing it less and less each day.

Once a new UK/Ireland map drops AND the patch so we can have mods back on console, I’ll be all over it like a dog eating hot chips!
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
mrodgers

Post by mrodgers »

Drew39 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:27 pm I am....trying to get all of the collectibles at the moment. Plan on using that cash to build my farm.
I have noticed 3 collectibles so far (I don't care about them, the money doesn't fit into simulation in my opinion) and couldn't do anything with them. I have no idea how to collect them.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

... I went canyoning and caving down Elm Creek ...

Also people not understanding gameplay/new features is more them being “bugged” than game “bugs” :lol: :lol: