Roller and stones

Martinw89

Roller and stones

Post by Martinw89 »

To get the yield bonus one has to rolle after seeding, but then the stones dosent get pushed back down into the soil.
dan1108

Re: Roller and stones

Post by dan1108 »

Martinw89 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:57 pm To get the yield bonus one has to rolle after seeding, but then the stones dosent get pushed back down into the soil.
I have different results. I just did full field prep and rolled only once, after planting. I mulched, liq fert, culitvated, seeded (non direct drill), and rolled. "Needs Rolling" state slowly disappeared as did all of the yellow dots indicating small stones. There might be different combinations that may induce this behavior. If you are absolutely certain this did happen and is repeatable, please share your field prep method. I wouldnt be surprised if direct drill had this problem, it had wonky behavior with mulching in 1.1.0.0 (negative yield bonus).
humbe

Post by humbe »

Rocks seems locked in place after seeding. Ive started to pick rocks ahead of seeding now that ridge markers no longer create stones.

Harvest worth so little om hard difficulty that stones to sell makes a difference :coolnew:
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

humbe wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:41 pm Rocks seems locked in place after seeding. Ive started to pick rocks ahead of seeding now that ridge markers no longer create stones.

Harvest worth so little om hard difficulty that stones to sell makes a difference :coolnew:
My observations were with a fresh game save - rocks from cultivation can be left on during seeding and post seeding rolling will push them down,
remove them from the HUD, and update the needs rolling state.

Are you experiencing this from your save game prior to the patch and still playing same game? Steps did you do since harvest?
humbe

Post by humbe »

dan1108 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:04 pm
humbe wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:41 pm Rocks seems locked in place after seeding. Ive started to pick rocks ahead of seeding now that ridge markers no longer create stones.

My observations were with a fresh game save - rocks from cultivation can be left on during seeding and post seeding rolling will push them down,
remove them from the HUD, and update the needs rolling state.

Are you experiencing this from your save game prior to the patch and still playing same game? Steps did you do since harvest?
It may have been pre-patch..
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

yea never been able to roll rocks back in, not before the patch not after the patch. not on small rocks, not on big rocks
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

GrandTickler wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 am yea never been able to roll rocks back in, not before the patch not after the patch. not on small rocks, not on big rocks
Try a new save, just to test it on your system. You can't roll large rocks (red colored), and WTF knows what to do with medium rocks (orange). Only yellow small rocks can.

BTW, if trying out rock picking, I saw a test where spaders brought up large rocks, and subsoilers brought up medium rocks. This is contrary to the FS Academy, so I think there are some rock bugs and/or FSA documentation problems. There we weed mysteries and issues on 1.1.0.0, however they simultaneously fixed some issues and created the weeds FSA documentation info....so I think the same will be for rocks, until 1.3.0.0, hopefully in a month??
GrandTickler

Post by GrandTickler »

dan1108 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:42 am
GrandTickler wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 2:51 am yea never been able to roll rocks back in, not before the patch not after the patch. not on small rocks, not on big rocks
Try a new save, just to test it on your system. You can't roll large rocks (red colored), and WTF knows what to do with medium rocks (orange). Only yellow small rocks can.

BTW, if trying out rock picking, I saw a test where spaders brought up large rocks, and subsoilers brought up medium rocks. This is contrary to the FS Academy, so I think there are some rock bugs and/or FSA documentation problems. There we weed mysteries and issues on 1.1.0.0, however they simultaneously fixed some issues and created the weeds FSA documentation info....so I think the same will be for rocks, until 1.3.0.0, hopefully in a month??
yeah to be honest i dont even know what kind of rocks im digging up anymore, i just cleaned out the field and turned it OFF.
before the patch i was using the cultiplow platinum 8 subsoiler, and PW 100-12 Plower, which both dug up what i believe were large stones, because only the Scorpio 550 could pick it up. now after the patch i seem to get small stones generated by the subsoiler instead, because the scorpio is no longer working and i have to use the not-so-impressive Rock King 9600... the Megaroller 2430 had no effect on these rocks.

edit: i really dont want to start a new map right now if i can prevent it, i put 219 hours in my current one, Erlengrat.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

GrandTickler wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:56 am
dan1108 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:42 am

yeah to be honest i dont even know what kind of rocks im digging up anymore, i just cleaned out the field and turned it OFF.
before the patch i was using the cultiplow platinum 8 subsoiler, and PW 100-12 Plower, which both dug up what i believe were large stones, because only the Scorpio 550 could pick it up. now after the patch i seem to get small stones generated by the subsoiler instead, because the scorpio is no longer working and i have to use the not-so-impressive Rock King 9600... the Megaroller 2430 had no effect on these rocks.

edit: i really dont want to start a new map right now if i can prevent it, i put 219 hours in my current one, Erlengrat.
I somehow you can dig up all rocks, then I think you are fine, and are just struggling with the new rock mechanics in 1.2.0.0 - it would be the same as starting a new game. I did start a new game because I had rocks on merged fields, which I could not clean up - maybe if I plowed, but F that, I just finished planting. that last game was a bit too easy for me though, I went full blown grass silage, and was making $1M/year in year 1. Each year expanding the farm, I would buy more land, modestly upgrade equipment, and I was still pulling in only 10% more per year. Silage is way too OP..

First of all, know you rocks. Difficult at times to distinguish visually, so rely on HUD Stones map overlap. Yellow is small, Orange is medium, red is large. Strange how 2 rock pickers have different behaviors. I wonder if the scorpio is for large rocks now, the rocking kings are for medium, and roller only for small. WTF, this is very strange...looking forward to youtube test videos.
reider

Post by reider »

Previously I had used the cheat to rid the fields of stones hopefully forever as I have them turned off. One merged area remained full of stones, this was what used to be a path or track. Ploughing, rolling, stone picking, cheating, nothing got rid of them. I too was going to start afresh as I could not find an explosives application.

But then I went into the painting mode and painted them with grass and other textures, the stones vanished during this. I then got the plough and just ploughed down the path where the stones used to be. This, to my utter suprise, worked and the grass and other textures turned into ploughed soil. I then seeded and it was perfect seeded ground with no stones. This is just for info in case anyone has what have become permanent stones and needs a temporary solution.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:36 am Previously I had used the cheat to rid the fields of stones hopefully forever as I have them turned off. One merged area remained full of stones, this was what used to be a path or track. Ploughing, rolling, stone picking, cheating, nothing got rid of them. I too was going to start afresh as I could not find an explosives application.

But then I went into the painting mode and painted them with grass and other textures, the stones vanished during this. I then got the plough and just ploughed down the path where the stones used to be. This, to my utter suprise, worked and the grass and other textures turned into ploughed soil. I then seeded and it was perfect seeded ground with no stones. this is just for info in case anyone has what have become permanent stones.
Thanks! thats a great method. I just planted though, plowing it all under would make me cry :) I'll keep the savegame, may come back to it.
Seedy

Post by Seedy »

Plus, if you put, say, a pig pen, down on a field with stones, Lo! there be stones in your pigpen. :( :(
So, if I am reading this correctly, the only way to get rid of stones in a grass field I have is going to be destroying and recreating the field from scratch/start a new game. :/
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:36 am Previously I had used the cheat to rid the fields of stones hopefully forever as I have them turned off. One merged area remained full of stones, this was what used to be a path or track. Ploughing, rolling, stone picking, cheating, nothing got rid of them. I too was going to start afresh as I could not find an explosives application.

But then I went into the painting mode and painted them with grass and other textures, the stones vanished during this. I then got the plough and just ploughed down the path where the stones used to be. This, to my utter surprise, worked and the grass and other textures turned into ploughed soil. I then seeded and it was perfect seeded ground with no stones. This is just for info in case anyone has what have become permanent stones and needs a temporary solution.
I came back to my elm Creek game...and decided to paint and plow. Worked like a charm. However, I did just prior to that try the gsStoneSystemSetState command. This has appeared to turn off rocks permanently. I don't mind the rocks, when working normally. Is there any way to turn them back on? I've tried different states besides none, such as 1, 2, 3...and that did nothing.