can't see filter FERTILIZED

mirceast19

can't see filter FERTILIZED

Post by mirceast19 »

because of Mulched

How can I see the filters light blue, for Fertilized 1, or dark blue, for Fertilized 2?
gilroy222

Re: can't see filter FERTILIZED

Post by gilroy222 »

Highlight those layers in the legend in the menu and select them to turn off the layers.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

gilroy222 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:16 pm Highlight those layers in the legend in the menu and select them to turn off the layers.
It shouldn't work that way. It is the only color that is illogically placed "above" the fertilizer. Fertilization is important and should be viewed as standard layer, without the need to close a layer. For exemple, in "growth filters", you dont need to close "cultivated" to see "growing" if you have done with cultivated and seeding. As soon as you have done that operation, it must be "below" the others that need to be done.
humbe

Post by humbe »

The other bits on top are typically "you haven't done this yet" layers.. If they switched it around to "haven't mulched" they could easily have put it on top, but maybe they expected few people to mulch so it would be more annoying.: I dunno.. So many layers, that you'll end up having to disable some to see what you want..
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

humbe wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:32 pm The other bits on top are typically "you haven't done this yet" layers.. If they switched it around to "haven't mulched" they could easily have put it on top, but maybe they expected few people to mulch so it would be more annoying.: I dunno.. So many layers, that you'll end up having to disable some to see what you want..
Again and again it is a feeling that they have never tested a complete cycle, from zero to harvest.

They added new features, but I think they also don't know the correct or complete order of operations. And for this reason the layers are not set correctly and intuitively in the filters.

We are now testing the game to guess what they wanted to do, although it does not seem clear to them what they did. And the communication does not exist.
humbe

Post by humbe »

mirceast19 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:42 pm
humbe wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:32 pm The other bits on top are typically "you haven't done this yet" layers.. If they switched it around to "haven't mulched" they could easily have put it on top, but maybe they expected few people to mulch so it would be more annoying.: I dunno.. So many layers, that you'll end up having to disable some to see what you want..
Again and again it is a feeling that they have never tested a complete cycle, from zero to harvest.

They added new features, but I think they also don't know the correct or complete order of operations. And for this reason the layers are not set correctly and intuitively in the filters.

We are now testing the game to guess what they wanted to do, although it does not seem clear to them what they did. And the communication does not exist.
Pleasing the customer is what makes them money, so I think they are all acting on good insentive. I'm guessing they thought adding new features like mulching, rolling and stone picking would be great additions to the game to make it feel more realistic (which I agree with), and fairly safe to do as long as you're not required to do it. The yield gains are minor and rocks can be turned off. But adding these features caused many new layers on the map, and there's just no order that would be correct for everyone and all occations. If not needing to disable layers they would have to invent some other way to show multiple layers.
StoneTheCrows

Post by StoneTheCrows »

The map is showing the field state for all fields on the map. It doesn't know which particular field you are interested in. The logical order could be different for different fields.

I like the filters. We are getting much more info than in FS19. They are easy to adjust, and the map remembers the choices.
mirceast19

Post by mirceast19 »

StoneTheCrows wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:52 pm The map is showing the field state for all fields on the map. It doesn't know which particular field you are interested in. The logical order could be different for different fields.

I like the filters. We are getting much more info than in FS19. They are easy to adjust, and the map remembers the choices.
How can you doesn't know? You work for Giants?! I put the exemple with "growth filters": you dont need to close "cultivated" to see "growing" if you have done with cultivated and seeding. Do you want to see what you have to plow? You open the plow layer. Need to lime? Search for the lime layer in filters. But "Mulched" seted on (standard option) it is wrong, because you dont easy see the fertilized layers.

Do you see any logic in what's going on here? The game was launched 1 month ago and no one knows what the correct order of operations is. I think they did not know either. No communication. Until the launch, they put weekly videos with the new game, and now it's complete silence, nothing is explained, nothing is answered.

Why is everything so wrong and complicated now? In FS15, 17 and 19, I didn't need to turn on so many layers, no need to read so many tutorials, no need to read the forums, everything was easy and intuitive, like in a normal game. Now we have an academy (for what?) incomplete and useless; and we still don't know what to do and everywhere there is something that doesn't work properly. Have I suddenly become stupid or is the game not going in the right direction?

You add new functions in vain, if you launch them badly and wrong or no one knows how they work. When you buy a new car, you expect it to start and drive where you need it, safely bigger and faster. Now you need to start an engineering or agricultural academy to drive in a game.

Let someone tell that deers should be scared of other cars in traffic, not just my tractor. In this new game, the deer run away from me, go on the road and have no fear of the other cars. Didn't they learn anything from crows? Why add new functions, if we do not learn from the previous ones how it works correctly?!

I am probably to blame because I don't understand that this means evolution, after seven years (or how many there are) in this game. A have to go sleeping to see the evolution!
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The "Needs Rolling" overlay also takes priority on the fields over the Fertilised Filters which can be more problematic for players as it is a Light Blue Colour which makes players at a quick glance think that the field in 1 Stage Fertilised and needs Fertilising Again.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*