NO MAN'S LAND!!!

NefariusMonk

Re: NO MAN'S LAND!!!

Post by NefariusMonk »

I think only option to sell logs currently is putting down the Bia Mass Heating plant.
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

I loved this map on FS19, but then again any map by Jim. I always loved the concept behind it. It reminds me of the map "Hard Workin'" for FS15---you have to do some work to make the farm the way you want it.
My favorite map modders are Alien Jim, Stevie and Bullet Bill ( come out of retirement dang it!)
My only concern with the map is it being released at pretty much the same time as the latest patch. The patch has seemed to have caused some problems with mods released prior to it.
has anyone run into any problems so far?
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

No, it seems to be working fine for me... I've not run into any problems thus far. Though, thanks to NML... I now KNOW what the 3rd state for STONES is. I got to the field, looked at it and immediately. My reaction was -- :shock: GOOD GOD, THE STONES!?!? :lol: -- Field Info indeed showed red. First time I've seen that color for them, been wondering what it was like. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Also, side note. With the ability to enter the house and having the sleep trigger at the side of the bed (though, I'm not to keen on sleeping on that bed... it doesn't look, um... healthy) but, at the foot of the bed is a 2nd trigger. Using it will take you straight into the wardrobe instead of first having to go into the shop menu. It's the small things that make it special. Really wish GIANTS would of gave us this ability.

1. Entering Farmhouse
2. Sleep Trigger @ Bed
3. Wardrobe Function from in the house... (the little things) :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:17 am No, it seems to be working fine for me... I've not run into any problems thus far. Though, thanks to NML... I now KNOW what the 3rd state for STONES is. I got to the field, looked at it and immediately. My reaction was -- :shock: GOOD GOD, THE STONES!?!? :lol: -- Field Info indeed showed red. First time I've seen that color for them, been wondering what it was like. :hi:
Initial assumption is stones on NML aren't working properly. When I create a new field on any of the 3 vanilla maps with a plow I only get small stones appearing on the field. When I tried creating fields on NML there were big (red) stones coming up everywhere. Maybe Jim changed the dynamics of stones on the map and that's how he intended but there was no mention of it and I couldn't find anything helpful in any of the files for the map. Will do some more extensive testing and see if I can determine what is going on.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

I don't know, didn't make a new field I only seen the stones in the first field. They removed with no problem for me, so didn't question it. I was just shocked at how bad the "red" state actually was. Though, maybe you're right about him intending for it to be this way with this map... I mean. Between the borders of France and Spain lies a vast emptiness known as No Man's Land where the land has lain untouched by the hands of man for years, and it does have that "rocky" look to it as well. So, the extra rocks just makes more of a challenge... and I like it. If it was meant to be, and not a bug of course. :hi:
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:15 pm I don't know, didn't make a new field I only seen the stones in the first field. They removed with no problem for me, so didn't question it. I was just shocked at how bad the "red" state actually was. Though, maybe you're right about him intending for it to be this way with this map... I mean. Between the borders of France and Spain lies a vast emptiness known as No Man's Land where the land has lain untouched by the hands of man for years, and it does have that "rocky" look to it as well. So, the extra rocks just makes more of a challenge... and I like it. If it was meant to be, and not a bug of course. :hi:
The red on the two existing fields is what made me try making my own right away to check the behaviour of the stones. From what I noticed it seems that plows and subsoilers will bring up big stones on both new and existing fields. Regular cultivators brought up stones (can't remember what size though) but shallow, disc harrows and no-till seeders still made no stones appear. Didn't test power harrows as I never use them.

I feel that plows should bring up all sizes of rocks and don't agree with the way Giants has it with just small. Not sure if the behaviour is intentionally done this way by Jim. Would be nice to be able to get an official explination from him....
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, if the plows are intentional by him... I kind of like it, they definitely dig deeper than a cultivator. So should bring up larger stones than one, yes? I hope it's not a bug. Power Harrows don't bring up stones. I can answer that one. Take my wheat field for example... assuming it doesn't need lime, or plowed.

Mulch > Cultivate > De-Stone > Power Harrow or Shallow Cultivate > Seed > Roll > Fertilize > Weed > Fertilize | Running the shallow cultivator, or the power harrow on an already cultivated field... changes it from cultivated to seedbed. A flat seedbed, different from what the roller does. :hi:
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I thought that all stones coming up from a plow should be big after the patch? But yeah, the amount of stones being pulled up by tillage implements on NML is crazy. Still glad we have the map, I’ll probably turn stones off when I play it lol
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
greenblood44

Post by greenblood44 »

I hope the map goes multi player and like an x64 size with one small farm town at a cross roads. Like a feed mill, diner, gas station/garage/dealer, veterinarian, and lumber yard. If I had a base x64 map I would make it, but don't know how to make a blank map from scratch.
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:07 pm Mulch > Cultivate > De-Stone > Power Harrow or Shallow Cultivate > Seed > Roll > Fertilize > Weed > Fertilize | Running the shallow cultivator, or the power harrow on an already cultivated field... changes it from cultivated to seedbed. A flat seedbed, different from what the roller does. :hi:
Seems like too many steps (more than necessary anyways) especially if it's a stone free field you just harvested. Personally, I'd do it like this after harvest... Fert > Mulch > Disc/Shallow Cultivate > Fert > Seed > Roll > Weed

The new and numerous different ground types that all allow planting to be done kinda confused me at first.

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:33 pm I thought that all stones coming up from a plow should be big after the patch? But yeah, the amount of stones being pulled up by tillage implements on NML is crazy. Still glad we have the map, I’ll probably turn stones off when I play it lol
Still playing on a save from before the patch. Plowing new or existing fields on Elmcreek only brings up small stones. Gonna start a fresh save when I'm back at my PC in a few mins and see if a fresh save changes anything. The FS Acadamy cultivating/plowing tutorial page on ModHub website mentions plowing creates small stones only..... although in the introduction to crops page it says the straw swath left from corn can be turned into silage and we all know corn doesn't leave straw so it's hard to put full faith in some of the info there.

Edit/Update: A fresh save on Elmcreek with an empty mod folder using JD 4755 and the Agro Masz POV 5XL plow on field 46 in default state of New Farmer mode.... field was cultivated and free of any stones. Only small stones got brought up so I plowed the field bigger out towards the road and still only small stones came up. Same thing on Start From Scratch as well so I believe that's how Giants intends it to be.

Commented on Alien Jims "release post" over on the FB page and also sent a PM in hopes to either get solid info regarding how he intends they function on NML or make him aware there is an issue to be resolved with them.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

Yes, I am well aware that it's more steps than "technically" necessary. But, I enjoy doing the work... and it gives me less downtime with nothing to do while waiting around for the next field to be ready for harvesting. Plus, I like the way the field looks with the "seedbed" state over it's "cultivated" state. It just looks, nice. So, even though it's more steps than needed... I do enjoy it. :smileynew:
Mr.Smoke

Post by Mr.Smoke »

GothicKing13 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:31 am .......So, even though it's more steps than needed... I do enjoy it. :smileynew:

And that is ultimately the only thing that matters! Still no response from our Alien friend but I'll be sure to report back if/when he responds. It's 3:30am here and 8:30am across the pond where he is so hopefully when I wake up later today.
BicentennialMan

Post by BicentennialMan »

don't think he added stuff from 19 back yet try CARPENTRY under production auto sell
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Any idea how to remove the sticks on the ground?