Work area weirdness-FS22

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Erscal

Work area weirdness-FS22

Post by Erscal »

Good day all.
I tried searching for anything to help but I found nothing, so I'm here asking before submitting a bug report.

I manually edited a loader wagon i3d, precisely the Claas Cargos 9500 by Stevie, to have a larger work area (no realism police please!):

Code: Select all

<TransformGroup name="workAreas" nodeId="171">
            <TransformGroup name="workArea01Start" translation="20.55 0 4.0947" nodeId="172"/>
            <TransformGroup name="workArea01Width" translation="-20.55 0 4.0947" nodeId="173"/>
            <TransformGroup name="workArea01Height" translation="1.3 0 3.67328" nodeId="174"/>
I checked the result in the Giants Editor and the points are where I'm expecting, plus I didn't touch anything else (i.e. the model is visually untouched).
The problem is that the only side working is the right side, that is the minus side, anything else on the left side isn't picking up any straw/grass windrow outside of the visual model.

The same appears on every other loader wagon I tried; I didn't test this cheat on anything else such as balers or headers but I guess the latters have no issues looking at a specific mod that enlarges them, visually as well.

Is that a known problem...am I missing something...what's up?
Thanks in advance.
Eische

Re: Work area weirdness-FS22

Post by Eische »

For work area, the three nodes need to be aligned correctly to form three corners of a rectangle.
So workArea01Height needs to be shifted accordingly to 20.55 0 3.67328.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Erscal

Post by Erscal »

Thanks, it works :)

Although I don't remember having to build a rectangle like this in FS19, just grabbed two points and moved them leaving the third alone.
Dunno, maybe neurons' loss is on its way :P
Thanks again!
bdbssb

Post by bdbssb »

Yeah correct the height always should move with the start or you will make a triangle instead of a square.