delete all stone's

Doppy

delete all stone's

Post by Doppy »

hi!
couldn't find a topic with this question.. so if there is one, sorry mods :)

is there a way to delete all stone's from the map? I'm on pc, have field stone turned off but unfortunatly they still apear at other fields, and after the patch my previous stoneless fields are now loaded with stone.
so is there a way to delete them? perhaps in the ~ menu or xml or something? i tried to delete the complete stone folder from fs22 , but then the game crashed :mrgreen: so that doesn't seem like a good solution....

any ideas? (beside's the obvious: use a stone picker... )
reider

Re: delete all stone's

Post by reider »

Good question. After the patch I simply harvested a soybeans crop and more stones appeared as I ran the harvester over the ground. Yet I have stones turned off. Suprised this wasn't fixed in the patch, to turn stones off properly. Not turn them off and still see them appear. Since the patch I get more stones than before. The stone picker fails to pick them up and the roller fails to push them into the ground. Looks like this was fully tested, NOT. All we need now are the rolling stones.
u2020bullet

Post by u2020bullet »

Same exact issue here, i have stones everywhere, even though they're turned off. Even deleted a field to make space for more buildings and the stones are still all over the concrete/grass. Stone pickers do absolutely nothing about them.
Etcher

Post by Etcher »

I suddenly have one if my fields full of stones too, even though they’re turned off.
St1ll A Buster

Post by St1ll A Buster »

I am having the same problems, disappointed to see the patch did not fix this. I can't get ride of the stones by any means and it is driving me nuts!
Farm Sim 22 Xbox Series S is my version.
reider

Post by reider »

I tried trial and error in the console and found a temporary way until Giants finally get there stuff sorted properly with stones. If you don't have the console there are many YouTube clips on it but shout if you struggle.

For those who have the console turned on (PC anyway at least) use this;

The console is started using the tilde, this is read mode
Press the tilde again and it begins edit mode or write mode and shows a hash sign #
You type what comes after the hash #, not the # itself.

# gsStoneSystemSetState 40 none
The console replies;
Added state 1

So assuming you have field 40 and it has stones in, you key in the above and press enter. If you get the reply shown from the console the stones in that field should be gone instantly, if not sooner. Change the 40 to whatever field number you are standing next to and watch the stones vanish right in front of your eyes.

Next we turn stones into bread, or is it fish or wine? You don't put a gap after the # and you include the single space between State and none, make sure you put none in there too. Exactly as written above.

I explained things a little there because some people will not have used the console before.

EDIT: If you joined fields together it will not get rid of the stones from all fields unless you do each of them. Neither will it do the paths you may have ploughed into to join the fields.
Last edited by reider on Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrimHuffer

Post by GrimHuffer »

reider wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 pm I tried trial and error in the console and found a temporary way until Giants finally get there stuff sorted properly with stones. If you don't have the console there are many YouTube clips on it but shout if you struggle.

Press the tilde again and it begins edit mode or write mode and shows a hash sign #

The console replies;
Added state 1

So assuming you have field 40 and it has stones in, you key in the above and press enter. If you get the reply shown from the console the stones in that field should be gone instantly, if not sooner. Change the 40 to whatever field number you are standing next to and watch the stones vanish right in front of your eyes.

Next we turn stones into bread, or is it fish or wine? You don't put a gap after the # and you include the single space between State and none, make sure you put none in there too. Exactly as written above.

I explained things a little there because some people will not have used the console before.
Thank you for this. *thumbsup*
reider

Post by reider »

You're all welcome, just in case anyone else says the same.

Further to my Console post above I gave 3 joined fields (made into 1 field) back to the system temporarilly. This is the joined field with stones still remaining on the paths only.

On the other side of the farm I have 2 other fields joined into 1 field. There I ploughed one side and no new stones appeared, even on the joining path. I don't normally do it but as an experiment I cultivated over the top and again no fresh stones appeared. On the other side of the same dual combined into 1 field I did not plough it but just cultivated it and no stones appeared at all.

So far it would seem that "none" in my above (other post) console command means that no fresh stones appear ever. But this is just an experiment. I am going to bed in a few minutes but wanted to post the results just in case it helps anyone else whilst I sleep. If anyone else does try this then let us know if anything fetches the darned stones back.

I also used one fork of my fork lift to move my eggs and wool away from the set output rectangle as the autoloader trailer no longer works after the patch. I just shoved them all to one side for now so production can continue. OK time for sleep before I have to put matchsticks in....zzzzzz
Doppy

Post by Doppy »

Ah great! Didn't work at first, but fou d out i had to add in the steam start settings: -cheat
After that it workt. Thanks very much!!
reider

Post by reider »

-restart is good too, it gets rid of the video that auto repeats before the game menu opens. Takes you direct to the game menu.

I used;

-cheats -restart

For me in the properties of the game within Steam, in Launch Options. For others (non Steam users) I think it's in the Properties of the Shortcut some place. You add it to the end of the path statement leading to the exe file, something like;

......fs22.exe -cheats

or

......fs22.exe -cheats -restart

the full path is not shown above as I have Steam and don't have that path. The path will be shown in the shortcut.

If you type it in to the console every time you start the game;

# enableDoF false

it gets rid of the haze around the scenery in the distance. It does not remember it so you have to do it every time you start or restart the game.
Alexsso

Post by Alexsso »

reider wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:28 pm I tried trial and error in the console and found a temporary way until Giants finally get there stuff sorted properly with stones. If you don't have the console there are many YouTube clips on it but shout if you struggle.

The console replies;
Added state 1

EDIT: If you joined fields together it will not get rid of the stones from all fields unless you do each of them. Neither will it do the paths you may have ploughed into to join the fields.
My console says that command is not found... Any ideas?
reider

Post by reider »

See the cheats above. You may need to do that. I tabbed through the commands and saw it, thinking it was built in. ~But it seems to be part of the cheats so they need to be added to make it show. It's all in this thread what to do.

EDIT: This is for everyone else reading this thread. Adding this here rather than a fresh post. If you have any joined areas like paths or tracks where the stones have become permanent fear not, their is a solution. I had tried stone picking, ploughing, field stone removal cheats, everything except explosives. Nothing worked. Finally I went into paint mode and painted the stone patches as grass, rough ground, tried a few textures. Ploughed the path/track afterwards and to my utter suprise it worked. I then planted a crop just on the path and that too worked. So no more stones.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:44 pm See the cheats above. You may need to do that. I tabbed through the commands and saw it, thinking it was built in. ~But it seems to be part of the cheats so they need to be added to make it show. It's all in this thread what to do.

EDIT: This is for everyone else reading this thread. Adding this here rather than a fresh post. If you have any joined areas like paths or tracks where the stones have become permanent fear not, their is a solution. I had tried stone picking, ploughing, field stone removal cheats, everything except explosives. Nothing worked. Finally I went into paint mode and painted the stone patches as grass, rough ground, tried a few textures. Ploughed the path/track afterwards and to my utter suprise it worked. I then planted a crop just on the path and that too worked. So no more stones.
I ended up going back to my pre 1.2.0.0 save, as I couldn't bear starting poor again, lol. I used your solution, cheating money in to lease big plows, and got rid of all the stones as you suggested. However, when I plowed, I didn't get any stones. Did this command somehow turn them off permanently? I guess I don't mind no stones ATM, because I only get small stones from my farming methods. But I might change things up and try subsoilers, now that I know the weeds impact isn't a problem, as long as you kill them same month as planting. Cheers for the tip!!!!
reider

Post by reider »

Yes, it seems to kill stones fully. Except any that became permanent and they can be painted out with grass then ploughed over. I still fail to understand why Giants didn't fix this situaton in the patch, they obviously knew about it. If you turn a light off in your house you don't expect it to come on again on its own. We turned the stones off and they still appeared. I even had them appearing, whilst turned off, just when harvesting. That was/is well broken.
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:14 pm Yes, it seems to kill stones fully. Except any that became permanent and they can be painted out with grass then ploughed over. I still fail to understand why Giants didn't fix this situaton in the patch, they obviously knew about it. If you turn a light off in your house you don't expect it to come on again on its own. We turned the stones off and they still appeared. I even had them appearing, whilst turned off, just when harvesting. That was/is well broken.
Oh well, that stinks. Maybe another update will fix that...lol, or make it entirely worse, as that was not a test scenario they planned nor support :)