Giants - You should be embarrassed

Vanquis081

Re: Giants - You should be embarrassed

Post by Vanquis081 »

CTJocko wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:19 pm WE HAVE A PATCH!!!!

This is the version that should have been released!
No, the patch 1.2 is really the beta version of FS22, need more patchs....

This is astonishingly ridiculous ... FS19 with 3 new things and not going 100% since launch
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

abrahamslinkons wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:52 pm Is there framerate drops for next gen anymore?
Still the same on Series S. I made a bugreport, they said will be fixed in next patch, but no, not fixed. Made a new bug report.
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

Vanquis081 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:14 pm

This is astonishingly ridiculous ... FS19 with 3 new things and not going 100% since launch
You won't find me sticking up for Giants. I'm just happy we got a patch that, at least, makes this game playable.

What issues are you still having?
CTJocko

Post by CTJocko »

abrahamslinkons wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:52 pm Is there framerate drops for next gen anymore?
I now have a framerate drop by ~5-10 frames when going from 3rd person to 1st person. I know it's not a hardware issue. I'm running an i9-10900K CPU, 32GB ram and a 3080 card.
brake4cake

Post by brake4cake »

Somehow Giants managed to make the game even more buggy
callumvincent1

Post by callumvincent1 »

CTJocko wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:58 pm
I now have a framerate drop by ~5-10 frames when going from 3rd person to 1st person. I know it's not a hardware issue. I'm running an i9-10900K CPU, 32GB ram and a 3080 card.
i also have this issue since the recent update
abrahamslinkons

Post by abrahamslinkons »

Lexie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:19 pm
Still the same on Series S. I made a bugreport, they said will be fixed in next patch, but no, not fixed. Made a new bug report.
Tested it out on series X. Lags are the same + it crashes when loading a savegame. 20 hours for nothing. *thumbsdown*
Vanquis081

Post by Vanquis081 »

CTJocko wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:55 pm
Vanquis081 wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:14 pm

You won't find me sticking up for Giants. I'm just happy we got a patch that, at least, makes this game playable.

What issues are you still having?
The inputBinding is reset with the new patch.
The audio settings is reset with the new patch.
The old savegame is corrupt after apply the new patch or the texture of the ground when you sow barley does not change either.
Soil texture does not change when a mulcher is used to mulch the field.

If I play one more hour, surely more things will come out ...
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

After installing Patch 1.2 my game keeps crashing.. BUT! I found something on my side: read further.

With FS19 i could overclock my GPU-card (NVidia 1660Ti) 5 %.
When i disabled this OC i could play FS22!

Probably FS22 demands more from the card so it crashes.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
EJ_Modding

Post by EJ_Modding »

Probably the most annoying thing about Giants is they do this with every release, and yet old bugs like bunker silos not emptying or leaking through the walls are still present from 10 years ago.

The game used to be fun to play the engine ran with serious issues in mods and rarely ever crashed. 2013 had some of the craziest mods littered with errors but worked amazingly fine. FS22 is littered with problems that I can't even begin to list them all and probably the worse thing is working for hours on a farm where a silly patch corrupts your save game thus making you start a fresh. On top of all this I was charged 50 bucks for something that should work out of the box and offer me many relaxing hours of enjoyment instead I get signed up for a beta program where my future is many more game resets and problems that need ironing out.

I knew full well I should of waited for a year before bothering to buy the game since it's happened every release but since the majority of players moved to FS22 I had to as well and I'm still kicking myself for being the fool...

Just some errors I've found

Lua scripts still crashing the game on exit to main menu
Bunker Silos leaking, not able to empty
Game saves in multi player cause complete game freeze.
7 - 10 game days for harvest even with seasonal growth off
Grass and/or Chaff = Silage but need two separate productions since can only specify one or the other for an input.
A very poor SDK for modders to convert mods
If 1 day represents an entire month why can't I mow grass everyday surely 1 month would produce a lot of grass :)
Let's push for realism yet I can still drive my truck off a cliff and reset it to the shop and drive off like nothing happened.
Where is Chicken manure? Purdue spends hundreds of thousands each year to get rid of their chicken manure.
GPS is a very real thing for farmers since even in real life we get tired of driving straight lines same is true for the game.
Course play produced a better AI mechanic then Giants has and they didn't have millions of funding.

Yes I could go on for days, but Giants will just keep doing what it does until I refuse to buy their next product and that's where I'm at in the Farming Simulator series.

Things won't change until they feel it in their profits and it seems many people continue to give them a pass. I won't give them a pass this was a horrible release and continues to be slowly fixed and around the time the announcement for the next version will be the best time to enjoy this version.

The Giants protocol is killing the series for me and I find myself playing the older versions rather then deal with the hassles of new releases.

I wish you guys would stop begging for a release when we had FS19 that worked flawlessly and had tons of excellent mods.
RandomPrimeNumber

Post by RandomPrimeNumber »

Yes. As of patch # 1.2.0.1 The frame rate drops are much worse in terms of frequency and severity.

Xbox Series X, digital edition.
Azorees

Post by Azorees »

Ratomas wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:06 am First off, as a software developer myself, no amount of testing can compare to user testing. If it is that big of a problem for you to just report a bug and move on, then perhaps you should uninstall the game and burn your console/PC, because no one needs you complaining nonstop about something that just required a bug ticket.
The game should have been released as a Beta 1st so people can play test for bugs on all devices, they could have made it as a free demo with some features disabled and no mod support, also maybe the farm would reset after 20 hours of gameplay.

Devs way back used to release a Beta testing demo with some features disable, and when the full release came out there was very few bugs to find

the game is full of bugs on release, people pay money for a game to play not bug test and then having to take time to report said bug.

reporting the odd bug is fine but having to report many bugs on a full release is not as fine.

Bugs on new features added can be understandable but bugs on things that have been in the game for years should not even exist.

I have to agree with other people, this game seems like its been rushed out and not tested they have had plenty of time before release to test it.

For a Dev company like Giants this release should be embarrassing to them, they are supposed to be the experts in the Farming Simulation world and this game made them look as if this is their 1st ever release with the amount of bugs in the game.

No doubt the bugs will be fixed in the future by either Giants or Modders but like its been said before it should not have been released with all the bugs that are currently in the game.
brake4cake

Post by brake4cake »

Another patch that doesn't address any of the issues (except one that the first patch introduce)
QuickBrick

Post by QuickBrick »

At least my pigs aren't running around like idiots anymore
Hardcoreadhd

Post by Hardcoreadhd »

This game is still broke. Nice they fixed contracts issue. Now my game closes save games when loading in. Thought it was mods but no, took all mods off. Just a broke game.