Solitaire has better graphics

DEERE317

Re: Solitaire has better graphics

Post by DEERE317 »

A massive quantity of Physics calculations and keeping a 2x2km map updated has no performance costs is what you’re saying?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Ok instead of comparing games that have almost nothing in common, compare similar games. Show me a better farming game? Looks or performance wise.. I own most of them and certainly all the "top" titles on pc and console.. I will wait
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And do any of them still have Dev support…? Cows and Crops devs sold out and unless something has changed every other Dev besides GIANTS are no longer devs…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

It's literally better than any sim except for Microsoft Flight Sim, which has much more funding. Let's compare:

Cattle & Crops. - A handful of brands, a few crop types, 1 livestock, no mod support
Farmer's Dynasty - Awful graphics, a few pieces of branded equipment, limited crop types, no mod support
Pure Farming 2018 - So many bugs the developers abandoned the game because it was unfixable, worse graphics, less brands, no mod support
Real Farm/Professional Farmer/etc - garbage games
ATS/ETS - Literally just driving. Very basic physics in comparison to FS
Train Sim World - Base game only has a few trains, expensive DLCs that add a single locomotive and/or location, no mod support, game is literally an on-rails experience with basic physics, no mod support
Car Mechanic Simulator - No real car brands in base game, terrible driving mechanics in test tracks, no mod support on console
Fishing Barents Sea/North Atlantic - Gamebreaking bugs that took more than half a year to be fixed, extremely basic environmental graphics, no mod support
Bus Simulator - A few brands, terrible AI drivers, no mod support
Construction Simulator - Terrible graphics, lots of bugs, a few brands, no mod support
TMoSM

Post by TMoSM »

FS22 looks better than people give it credit for, the problem is it seems to have a optimisation limit. When I was on my first save after release it ran perfectly. But as time passed and I expanding my fleet / eqipment, it was clear that storing them in a yard was causing issues with performance with so many things being in a small area.
PrincessJessi84

To be fair, Construction Sim 15, while having some real limitations, showed real promise. They ruined it when they went mobile. The ports ended up ok but it failed because they limited the engine so much. And some of those games are awesome at what they do. SCS is one of my fav devs EVER and I think both ETS2 and ATS do what they do better than any other trucking sim out there bar none. I have actually REALLY enjoyed Farmers Dynasty but I never went into it even thinking it was a simulator. But even with that, what you said about it holds up. The point is, none of the other FARMING games do was fs does. They don't come anywhere near. If a AAA producing company like R* produced a farming game, it might be pretty reasonable to expect it to look better.. probably a lot better. But it would be loaded with bugs, especially at launch (GTA Online was literally unplayable for months after that feature released). And the overhead to run it would still be really high because of what goes on under the hood of farming games like fs. But they haven't.. and probably won't. So you have the options before you. You could go make a better farming game but considerably more talented people tried in Cattle & Crops. The devs were modders. As I recall, they were some of the people responsible for the soil mod and others in fs15. They learned the hard way that making a farming game isn't easy. As much promise as they gave, I sunk 15 hours into it. I have tried many times as it updated to give it another chance and it just doesn't work right or feel right.. it doesn't look right. It still has as much promise as ANY farming game out there to "beat" fs and it looks like a cartoon and runs like a potato.. I shudder to think of the hours I have sunk into the fs franchise across xbox and pc..

FS is the undisputed King of farming simulators. And until someone figures out a "better" way to manage the overhead AND make it look like a AAA game.. that's not going to change any time soon.
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

humbe wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:52 pm The selection of tractors in Grand Theft Auto is horrible.. And I couldn't figure out how to seed crops there.. Was hard enough just finding a useful field..
At least it's a (nearly) JD in GTA-V :)
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chale8

Post by chale8 »

I’m annoyed about the stuttering and the bugs but hopefully they’ll get worked out. It’s not the most impressive graphically but the machinery and vehicles are beautifully detailed and TBH it’s not meant to be a graphics firework anyway, I rate gameplay over graphics.
xGamtekx

Post by xGamtekx »

At least some of you agree with me that fs22 is overhyped and not optimized correctly and the rest of the Giant ar** lickers think i have a IQ of 0 ;) lol
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Your last statement is obviously wrong.
And I have a hard time taking people seriously when they needs to use such characteristics about people with a different view on thing. This goes both ways, so you're not alone unfortunately
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

chale8 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:00 pm I’m annoyed about the stuttering and the bugs but hopefully they’ll get worked out. It’s not the most impressive graphically but the machinery and vehicles are beautifully detailed and TBH it’s not meant to be a graphics firework anyway, I rate gameplay over graphics.
:this:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

xGamtekx wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:03 pm At least some of you agree with me that fs22 is overhyped and not optimized correctly and the rest of the Giant ar** lickers think i have a IQ of 0 ;) lol
Well, to be fair, you compared a game made by a company with less than a hundred employees to one that has thousands of employees, multi-hundred-thousand dollar budgets, and releases a game every 5 years.

It makes sense that people would think you're a moron.
PrincessJessi84

Thats funny. Some people don't agree with your, clearly uneducated on the subject, OPINION. Fair enough. Some of those people put forth valid counter arguments to your OPINION as some of us have had this argument before (several times for some of us) and have taken the time to educate ourselves on the subject. Cool.. You don't agree with their Opinions. Also cool.. You drop ANY valid point you might have made the moment you personally insult people you know nothing about instead of digging around for a good counter argument. Any further time spent addressing you personally is a complete waste of breath and time. You can't fix stupid and teaching it isn't much easier. Learn how to have a proper argument. At least then your poorly opinionated life might gain some value and you can finally stop being a waste of space. Happy farming.
PC
2x 24" Dell Monitors
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Someone didn't get any presents
Tiredasagiraffe

Post by Tiredasagiraffe »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:53 pm Thats funny. Some people don't agree with your, clearly uneducated on the subject, OPINION. Fair enough. Some of those people put forth valid counter arguments to your OPINION as some of us have had this argument before (several times for some of us) and have taken the time to educate ourselves on the subject. Cool.. You don't agree with their Opinions. Also cool.. You drop ANY valid point you might have made the moment you personally insult people you know nothing about instead of digging around for a good counter argument. Any further time spent addressing you personally is a complete waste of breath and time. You can't fix stupid and teaching it isn't much easier. Learn how to have a proper argument. At least then your poorly opinionated life might gain some value and you can finally stop being a waste of space. Happy farming.
*thumbsup*