Silge bales inundating the store

Mdusty

Silge bales inundating the store

Post by Mdusty »

Has anyone else seen this? I dropped off a bunch of silage bales to the Biogas plant 1MW which I own, and the number of bales exceeded the limit the plant would accept, so I left the bales in the dumpster so they would be used as needed. But ever since then, whenever I go into the store to purchase an item, the item drops on top of a floor full of silage bales! Even after the Biogas plant is now below its limit of silage, the bales remain in the store window for everything I purchase. I captured the screen, but I can't attach the .jpg. It doesn't hurt anything, but it's odd and I don't know if it will cause instability later.
ASOLANDRI

Re: Silge bales inundating the store

Post by ASOLANDRI »

I saw alot of post on facebook and reddit talking about the same thing. Have you restarted the game yet?
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Alma, Missouri: 140 Hours
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Amarlich

Post by Amarlich »

Unfortunately it's a well known bug. And you can't do anything about it on consoles.

Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:05 am I saw alot of post on facebook and reddit talking about the same thing. Have you restarted the game yet?
No, if you mean a new gamsave. I've got a lot of time invested in this particular gamesave, so I didn't want to abandon it. I did try validating the files on Steam (I should have mentioned that I'm on PC) and those files were ok.
I did quit the game, exit to desktop and restart it, but going back into the store showed the same silage bales mixed in with the object I was trying to buy. It doesn't keep me from buying it, but I don't know if this corruption will cause problems later on.
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

Amarlich wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:23 am Unfortunately it's a well known bug. And you can't do anything about it on consoles.

I'm on PC, but thanks for the info about it being well-known.
ace54858

Post by ace54858 »

Mdusty wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:31 am Has anyone else seen this? I dropped off a bunch of silage bales to the Biogas plant 1MW which I own, and the number of bales exceeded the limit the plant would accept, so I left the bales in the dumpster so they would be used as needed. But ever since then, whenever I go into the store to purchase an item, the item drops on top of a floor full of silage bales! Even after the Biogas plant is now below its limit of silage, the bales remain in the store window for everything I purchase. I captured the screen, but I can't attach the .jpg. It doesn't hurt anything, but it's odd and I don't know if it will cause instability later.
happened to me as well with round grass bales i sold at the animal dealer and i am on console all we can do is hope giants fix's it in the next update/patch as seems they count towards the bale limit as well.
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

ace54858 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:59 am
Mdusty wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:31 am Has anyone else seen this? I dropped off a bunch of silage bales to the Biogas plant 1MW which I own, and the number of bales exceeded the limit the plant would accept, so I left the bales in the dumpster so they would be used as needed. But ever since then, whenever I go into the store to purchase an item, the item drops on top of a floor full of silage bales! Even after the Biogas plant is now below its limit of silage, the bales remain in the store window for everything I purchase. I captured the screen, but I can't attach the .jpg. It doesn't hurt anything, but it's odd and I don't know if it will cause instability later.
happened to me as well with round grass bales i sold at the animal dealer and i am on console all we can do is hope giants fix's it in the next update/patch as seems they count towards the bale limit as well.
I didn't realize it counted against the bale limit too. Looks like I'll be using the bunker more until the issue gets patched. Thanks!
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Mdusty wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:55 am
Amarlich wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:23 am Unfortunately it's a well known bug. And you can't do anything about it on consoles.

If you are on PC you should be able to go into your items.xml file and delete the lines with the bales in the shop. I believe the coordinates are given as the X, Y and Z axis. Just pull up the map as close to the shop as you can get to get the coordinates. I haven't tried this to verify since I haven't had this problem yet, but I would back up your xml first.
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
DFWSupertrooper

Post by DFWSupertrooper »

Weird...I just started getting a silage bale in the store too. Funny thing is, I only used the bales at the biogas plant for the first time today and did not dump excess (as far as I know...at least nothing at the time indicated it was excess - they all disappeared at unloading). Guess I can live with it until a patch comes out to fix. :confusednew:

PS: I play on PC.
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

DFWSupertrooper wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 pm Weird...I just started getting a silage bale in the store too. Funny thing is, I only used the bales at the biogas plant for the first time today and did not dump excess (as far as I know...at least nothing at the time indicated it was excess - they all disappeared at unloading). Guess I can live with it until a patch comes out to fix. :confusednew:

PS: I play on PC.
That's good too know, since I thought it happened to me because I had put too many into the BIOGAS dumpster at once. Perhaps something in the 1.2 update caused the issue, since I didn't see it before then. We'll just have to wait and see what Giants comes up with in a future patch. Thanks for sharing!
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:16 pm
Mdusty wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:55 am

If you are on PC you should be able to go into your items.xml file and delete the lines with the bales in the shop. I believe the coordinates are given as the X, Y and Z axis. Just pull up the map as close to the shop as you can get to get the coordinates. I haven't tried this to verify since I haven't had this problem yet, but I would back up your xml first.
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't done any .xml editing yet, so I'd definitely back up the file first before attempting that.
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

This is getting ridiculous. I must have close to a hundred round silage bales, and now some square grass bales showed up in my store menu. The item I am trying to buy is completely buried in them. I saved the screen in jpg format, but I can't seem to attach it. What file extensions are "valid" for image attachments if .jpgs aren't?
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Mdusty wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:06 am This is getting ridiculous. I must have close to a hundred round silage bales, and now some square grass bales showed up in my store menu. The item I am trying to buy is completely buried in them. I saved the screen in jpg format, but I can't seem to attach it. What file extensions are "valid" for image attachments if .jpgs aren't?
https://image.giants-software.com/

Use that link and copy the "BBCode Full" line to attach images here.

To revert back to my last message, have you tried what I suggested for removing the bales?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

Thank you for the link. I uploaded the jpg image and got a link to it. Will try to attach it to this reply. No, I haven't gone into the .XML to attempt to remove them as you suggested yet. I just made some straw bales and put them on a cart--and they showed up in the showroom too. With all the bales in there now, if they count against my max number, soon I won't be able to make any more, even though all my silage bales have been fed into the biogas plant. https://image.giants-software.com/index ... codes=true
Mdusty

Post by Mdusty »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:55 pm
Mdusty wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:06 am This is getting ridiculous. I must have close to a hundred round silage bales, and now some square grass bales showed up in my store menu. The item I am trying to buy is completely buried in them. I saved the screen in jpg format, but I can't seem to attach it. What file extensions are "valid" for image attachments if .jpgs aren't?
https://image.giants-software.com/

Use that link and copy the "BBCode Full" line to attach images here.

To revert back to my last message, have you tried what I suggested for removing the bales?
I did a search for "items.xml" in my steam library for farming simulator and came up with 6 copies. 2 MapFR, 2 MapAlpine, and 2 MapUS. All have the same exact date of 12/8/2021, which i believe is the day I purchased it. One is located under Farming Simulator 22\\data\maps, and the other is located under Farming Simulator 22\sdk\maps\mapsUS\maps. They are are the same 1KB in size and the same date. I have to download an XML file editor, but since there are multiple files of the same size, I'm not sure which one to edit, or if I'd have to edit just both of the US ones or all of them.