FS22: AKA... Sleep Simulator.

Illinois Farmer

Re: FS22: AKA... Sleep Simulator.

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Lol that's a good beer. The family that started it is related to me way down the road ha.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

So you play a farm game and are complaining about crops taking time to grow.

Makes sense
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

MrSquealypig wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:55 am So you play a farm game and are complaining about crops taking time to grow.

Makes sense
Hey, don't even give me that sarcastic nonsense. Who the hell do you think you're talking to here? Some newbie off the street corner? I've been playing FS just as long as some of you have, FS13 is still on my computer. I too took money out of my pocket for FS15/17/19, and now FS22 also. So don't be freaking talking down to me like i'm some passerby complaining about some game with a tractor in it.

A lot of people have been complainig about the new crop growth. In fact, this thread is far from being the first one to bring the matter up. It wasn't me to created the "sleep simulator" name for FS22. It was provided by someone else who also thought the game has a time management issue.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

The game has always struggled with a balance of things to do, for one the maps simply aren’t big enough. On a standard map most people run a farm I run on weekends IRL. Then ask any farmer here how much free time they would have if you never picked up a wrench and fixed something. Most will tell you they could have a whole other job. There’s going to be fast forwarding times on the game especially if you’re arable farming where’s there’s a lot of dead and slow times IRL.
Last edited by Mwal on Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:02 am Lol that's a good beer. The family that started it is related to me way down the road ha.
Helluva relation to have lol. I'm not a beer snob, but Yuenglings my default choice when I cant choose :lol:
lawm

Post by lawm »

I dont understand the overreactions on every response. You've been a member for awhile, how is this version that much worse than the past? At least with 19 we got sleep trigger base game, before that it was only with seasons on 17. I dont foresee Giants changing something that you can fix yourself by not making decisions before understanding the mechanics of the game.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

The sleep trigger isn't the issue. The need to use it in the game is the complaint.

In FS19 the trigger was used too... but the time management system in 19 was easier to balance. So the need to use the sleep trigger wasn't as high as it is in 22. In 22 it can be difficult to play the game without feeling like you're spamming the sleep trigger... hence the nickname... sleep simulator. In 19, it was easier to play the game without depending so much on fast forward options.

ETA:
IMO... FS19 allows for better gameplay flow. Better immersion from one task to another. Its not as often in need of interruption to fast forward to the next step. This overall, allows FS19 to be played more comfortably without the added time management stress imposed by FS22.

What is it you trust I can fix myself? I'm not sure what you're referring to here.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I used the sleep trigger every night on 19 and set my days per season and game time x to what matched my workliad. How are we unable to do that in 22?
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

I didn't say we are unable to do it. What are you talking about?
humbe

Post by humbe »

Are you annoyed that you need to speed up time or because the speed up time functionality could be better? Would be nice if sleeping was faster and/or you could sleep multiple days but it sounds to me people are annoyed they have to speed up time at all regardless of functionality and cant harvest crops they seeded yesterday. Would you prefer no night and no in game clock too?

I never did get FS19 before I installed Seasons and would not think to play without it but I guess a growth speed option for those that turns season of would allow them to continue old behavior.

Guessing Giants and others didnt see it as a problem as you can set 1 day per month and sleep through a
year in minutes if you want to, and decided that one thus dont need to adjust speeds in both ends..
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

humbe wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:52 pm Are you annoyed that you need to speed up time or because the speed up time functionality could be better? Would be nice if sleeping was faster and/or you could sleep multiple days but it sounds to me people are annoyed they have to speed up time at all regardless of functionality and cant harvest crops they seeded yesterday. Would you prefer no night and no in game clock too?

I never did get FS19 before I installed Seasons and would not think to play without it but I guess a growth speed option for those that turns season of would allow them to continue old behavior.

Guessing Giants and others didnt see it as a problem as you can set 1 day per month and sleep through a
year in minutes if you want to, and decided that one thus dont need to adjust speeds in both ends..
I don't think people are annoyed that they can't get crops to harvest yesterday. That's an unneeded overstatement. Lets keep it cool here. The annoyance (as you label) is born from the need to wait longer for crops to grow which, as a result leaves players with a more invested gameplay decision to use the fast forward options in the game.... such as the sleep trigger. This makes the game seem more empty (prompting complaints there's nothing to do), and less immersive.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

"you can set 1 day per month and sleep through a
year in minutes if you want to"

I remember the gold ole days when you could set it to Fast Growth, and basically do all your field work one day, and then harvest the next in game day.
Giants should have left that option in the game.
Having to skip multiple days to get to the next chore you want to do isn't good for the pocket book.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Maybe they can make a mod that does that then. Personally I felt they did a good job of balancing seasons mod and the vanilla. Seasons was too strict for me and with small bales disappearing I could never get into it. Vanilla was too scripted and I had to turn off growth do every field I had and then turn back on to change field state. Scripted yet slightly more realistic.

Edit: so wait.....we can now skip multiple days when we sleep? I have only played and reset experimenting before I jump in seriously yet
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

muzickmage wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pmThis makes the game seem more empty (prompting complaints there's nothing to do), and less immersive.
Really? I havent been bored for one second! I have time on half even, month a day... either working my own fields, tending my animals, or doing contracts :hi:
MC, aka Master of Cereals
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

wildberry wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:37 pm
muzickmage wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:00 pmThis makes the game seem more empty (prompting complaints there's nothing to do), and less immersive.
Really? I havent been bored for one second! I have time on half even, month a day... either working my own fields, tending my animals, or doing contracts :hi:
You're not the only one. A lot of people are comfortable with the new FS22 system and way of doing things... and fair enough. Unfortunately, not everyone is finding the game still as comfortable to play as (for example) FS19. In 22... with the crops taking longer to grow.. it adds more attention to the idea of filling the time gaps. I wouldn't say that this causes me to get "bored" with the game.. but I do notice the added need to find a replacement for the crops that once was there ready to harvest. The contracts are great. They consume some time. I agree. But they don't always stand out as the default answer when trying to get to the next harvest time.

As for the animals, they would help as well. I agree again. However, when starting a brand new game animals aren't always something we are going to have on our farm to consume our time with.... especially when factoring in the new economy system as well with everything pretty much marked up in price, and the income, as well as the speed of it... marked down.