Patch 1.2 is here

Dezza69

Re: Patch 1.2 is here

Post by Dezza69 »

chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:33 am
punchi wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:06 am People think they are experts regarding engines when buying the FS :D
Quite fun to read!
Anyone with a little development experience knows what michele1048 is talking about. You don't know what experience they have.
Correct.

Some of us started coding games way back on the BBC-Micro and Vic-20 ...

Edit: we needed to solder the BBC-Micro together first in order to be able to then code the games... :lol: :lol:
chedder_farms

Post by chedder_farms »

Dezza69 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:37 am
chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:33 am
punchi wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:06 am People think they are experts regarding engines when buying the FS :D
Quite fun to read!
Anyone with a little development experience knows what michele1048 is talking about. You don't know what experience they have.
Correct.

Some of us started coding games way back on the BBC-Micro and Vic-20 ...

Edit: we needed to solder the BBC-Micro together first in order to be able to then code the games... :lol: :lol:
Few of these commenters know what one means, let alone what zero means, true or false ?
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

chedder_farms wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:05 am
Few of these commenters know what one means, let alone what zero means, true or false ?
... do you even know what you mean ... :lol:
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

hello the games of the 90/2000 were programmed with software with command lines and very little with 3D modeling because the hardware had not reached the expansion of today. today the games are programmed with 3d modeling and with software dedicated to hardware for what concerns vehicles, landscape objects, etc. inserting everything in graphic engines of different types of role-playing games, strategy, RTS, etc. obviously it depends on the graphics engine. today the best ever for the openworld is unreal engine, then there is the sonwrunner engine dedicated largely to land, water, etc. so the farming problem is its gameplay: simulator, management, etc. and it must mediate with all its characteristics
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

VIC-20! 😃
Ignorance is bliss
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

michele1048 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:15 pm hello the games of the 90/2000 were programmed with software with command lines and very little with 3D modeling because the hardware had not reached the expansion of today. today the games are programmed with 3d modeling and with software dedicated to hardware for what concerns vehicles, landscape objects, etc. inserting everything in graphic engines of different types of role-playing games, strategy, RTS, etc. obviously it depends on the graphics engine. today the best ever for the openworld is unreal engine, then there is the sonwrunner engine dedicated largely to land, water, etc. so the farming problem is its gameplay: simulator, management, etc. and it must mediate with all its characteristics
... yeah, and??? :lol: :lol:
punchi

Post by punchi »

He literally gave an answer why the engine doenst focus solely on graphics. Needs to handle way more things than others nice looking engines cant
Snafarion

Post by Snafarion »

I'm surprised I haven't seen a comment on this matter. Not sure if this is a bug or was done intentionally from GIANTS. But, the calendar! Before the update where you can set your calendar from 1-28 days, it seemed to work correctly. I would use the 7-day option so my days went from 1st to the 5th to the 9th etc. After the update, It's just Sept 1st - Sept 7th and then Oct, November, etc. I like it the way it used to be where it mathematically configured how the days would be played out.

Can this be rectified in the next update or create an option to use either or. I don't like the fact that it goes from Sept 7th to October 1st. It makes no sense to me. Thank you.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

It doesn’t go from September 7th to October 1st.

If you set your months to 7, it goes from the 7th day in that month to the 1st of the next.

Set it to 3 days per month? It goes from the 3rd day that month to the first of the next month

It just shows you on what day you are of the cycle
Ignorance is bliss
Snafarion

Post by Snafarion »

iwan073 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:25 pm It doesn’t go from September 7th to October 1st.

If you set your months to 7, it goes from the 7th day in that month to the 1st of the next.

Set it to 3 days per month? It goes from the 3rd day that month to the first of the next month

It just shows you on what day you are of the cycle
I'm aware of how it looks (calendar wise). All I'm saying is before the update if I set it to 4 days a month. Then one day would be a week! It would go from Sept 1 to the 8th to the 15 etc. Not Sept 1,2,3,4. I want it back the old way.
Njordsteen Farming

Post by Njordsteen Farming »

Dear Giants

What a great patch, and a good priority of bug fixes.

I am not sure where to send my thoughts and wishes on upcoming mods.
There is a lot of great equipment for small-scale farmers, however, we need a 4 furrowed/2 meter wide plow. Maybe updating the 4 furrowed Kuhn plow from FS19 could be next in line? Or maybe adding a 4 furrowed Kverneland plow.

Best wishes
Colin_TJ

Post by Colin_TJ »

Only part of this patch I hate is that u need to use pallet fork to move egg pallet now... Hope someone will be able to do a autoload trailer for product pallets or end least a trailer with forklift attached at end of trailer (Moffett) so u can use one with trailer and truck and not need to have multiple of them at each location.
PlayStation 5 FS22 :coolnew:
Game Tag: Colin_TJ :hi:
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Njordsteen Farming wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:46 pm Dear Giants

What a great patch, and a good priority of bug fixes.

I am not sure where to send my thoughts and wishes on upcoming mods.
There is a lot of great equipment for small-scale farmers, however, we need a 4 furrowed/2 meter wide plow. Maybe updating the 4 furrowed Kuhn plow from FS19 could be next in line? Or maybe adding a 4 furrowed Kverneland plow.

Best wishes
Mods come from the modding community, not directly from Giants. All Giants does is test what the modders submit and release whatever passes.
Playing on PC and PS4
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Colin_TJ wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:44 pm Only part of this patch I hate is that u need to use pallet fork to move egg pallet now... Hope someone will be able to do a autoload trailer for product pallets or end least a trailer with forklift attached at end of trailer (Moffett) so u can use one with trailer and truck and not need to have multiple of them at each location.
There is one in the works that will autoload everything and multiple different things too!!
Walkin49ers

Post by Walkin49ers »

I'm thinking of buying this game as it looks right up my alley but I'm not sure now cause of all the reported problems. Just wondering if anyone here who isn't a mega fan or saltier than heck could update me on how the game is performing and if they managed to squash a lot of the problems people are complaining about seeing as its been a couple months now since release. I don't care if its 100%, but I dont want to play it if its totally messed up.
I'm going to be playing on a Series X so I'm not really concerned about my console but like I said, there did or does seem to be a lot of issues.
Any input would be appreciated. Thnx.