Added realism for vehicles

900hasse

Re: Added realism for vehicles

Post by 900hasse »

KCHARRO wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:28 pm A few weeks ago we saw them in the list of mods in testing, then they disappeared,
I thought that they would be available the following week but it's been like two and nothing...
Hello!
Yes, this is the second time waiting for testing.
There where some mistakes with icons, names and versions that have been corrected.

All functionalties for wheels from FS19 REA is not included in first release but will be added.
On the other hand i have worked a lot to make implements more "alive" and reacting to ground state and added force also from the sides so it is now more natural to go in stright lines, not turning to sharp with the plow and lifting the tool when turning.

//900Hasse
Last edited by 900hasse on Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
REA22 mod
https://github.com/900hasse
//Hans Nordberg
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

EradicationGod wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:12 pm Once done and tested, may we also expect an updated version for FS19 of the REA mod?

I really would like to use my JD 8RX (Quadtrac), as so many have reported on before.

I just changed the centerOfMass in the 8RX.xml on the wheels from 0, -1, 0 to 0, 0, 0, as someone mentioned earlier before.
I can personally confirm first hand it fixes the issue, which weirdly only exists on quadtrac vehicles only for me, other tracked vehicles work fine.
The only catch with the solution mentioned, is that once one leaves 'solid ground' and drives on 'FIELD', the tractor cuts it's speed from the full 50km/h to 20km/h max. As if, with the new numbers in the xml, the tracks bog down in mud conditions. Which obvs shouldn't be the case, as tracks are among the most efficient ways of transport in/on field and muddy conditions.

If I might make a suggestion, tracked vehicles should be configured in a way they have to run slower on 'Hard ground' like asphalt etc, and much better on 'Soft ground' like mud and fields.

Other than that, good work, can't play without it..... keep up the great work. Greets from the Netherlands
Hello!
No, i will not make any more changes for FS19.
I have limited time and want to spend it on FS22 to make it as good as possible.

I have spent some time to make tracks working better, in the FS19 REA there are quick fixes for tracks but now it will work much better to reduce rolling resistance in softer ground, they are havier to pull on hard ground compared to tires.

I am currently overhauling my tractor angine in my Volvo(i would like a good Volvo 2654 mod :lol: ) and need to finish that project as well :smileynew:

//900Hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
EradicationGod

Post by EradicationGod »

900hasse wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:06 am
EradicationGod wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:12 pm Once done and tested, may we also expect an updated version for FS19 of the REA mod?

I really would like to use my JD 8RX (Quadtrac), as so many have reported on before.

I just changed the centerOfMass in the 8RX.xml on the wheels from 0, -1, 0 to 0, 0, 0, as someone mentioned earlier before.
I can personally confirm first hand it fixes the issue, which weirdly only exists on quadtrac vehicles only for me, other tracked vehicles work fine.
The only catch with the solution mentioned, is that once one leaves 'solid ground' and drives on 'FIELD', the tractor cuts it's speed from the full 50km/h to 20km/h max. As if, with the new numbers in the xml, the tracks bog down in mud conditions. Which obvs shouldn't be the case, as tracks are among the most efficient ways of transport in/on field and muddy conditions.

If I might make a suggestion, tracked vehicles should be configured in a way they have to run slower on 'Hard ground' like asphalt etc, and much better on 'Soft ground' like mud and fields.

Other than that, good work, can't play without it..... keep up the great work. Greets from the Netherlands
Hello!
No, i will not make any more changes for FS19.
I have limited time and want to spend it on FS22 to make it as good as possible.

I have spent some time to make tracks working better, in the FS19 REA there are quick fixes for tracks but now it will work much better to reduce rolling resistance in softer ground, they are havier to pull on hard ground compared to tires.

I am currently overhauling my tractor angine in my Volvo(i would like a good Volvo 2654 mod :lol: ) and need to finish that project as well :smileynew:

//900Hasse

Thank you for your response. As expected, support for FS19 will fall off quickly as FS22 makes its debut. ;-)
I can understand.

On a positive note, I already figured it out and fixed the issue. It's an issue with only quadtracked vehicles, all others work wonderfully. We'll make do... Editing away at tractors with negative mass....as if it floats in space...lol

Hopefully FS22 will be on sale, or perhaps even free on Epic anytime soon...lol
I got FS19 also free from Epic at the time. Lucky me, I guess....haha

Keep up the good work and we'll be using your mods when we upgrade to FS22.

Greets from the Netherlands
tubezki

Post by tubezki »

@eradicationgod
I don't want to be offensive or anything but are people really that poor that they cannot buy the game and support game developers by creating these awesome games for us to play?!

@900hasse
What you think about setting up github page where pc players would get your latest build to play and report for issues? Also your work for mods and for this game is awesome so you should setup A PayPal or patreon so we can support your work and donate for you!
EradicationGod

Post by EradicationGod »

tubezki wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 pm @eradicationgod
I don't want to be offensive or anything but are people really that poor that they cannot buy the game and support game developers by creating these awesome games for us to play?!
Believe it or not, but yes there are people that are so poor they can't just spent (current Steam price)€40,- willy nilly, when a new game comes out. Also not everyone has a brand new PC to play this on. Mine was a beast when I build it almost 9 years, not so much anymore.
On top of that, I think I'm more than capable of deciding if I want or can spend money at videogames.... so yes, I'm offended.
FIY I payed for every single edition since its first release in 2013 or was 2011.... except for FS19 which we got for free at Epic.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoyed that little present from GIANTS & Epic.

Plz don't go round on forums, belittle people with such comments.... not very wise imho.

Other than that, We appreciate you very much 900hasse.
Last edited by EradicationGod on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

tubezki wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 pm @900hasse
What you think about setting up github page where pc players would get your latest build to play and report for issues? Also your work for mods and for this game is awesome so you should setup A PayPal or patreon so we can support your work and donate for you!
I will look into it.
But will probably be during the weekend.
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

900hasse wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:49 am
tubezki wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 pm @900hasse
I will look into it.
But will probably be during the weekend.
//900hasse
That would be great, so we could all contribute to the development of the mod.

As I mentioned before, I managed to mix REA, REA DynamicDirt, RealMud working with the Seasons soil moisture level, which was amazing in FS19.

I 100% agree with the idea.
Kubimate

Thank you

Post by Kubimate »

Hey Hasse, just wanted to thank you for this mod. I play with firends and we typically use smaller/older tractors which "suffer" from REA the most, but I don't enjoy this game without your mod! I have modified it a bit to make slip effect less punishing, so my friends will stop complain about getting stuck all the time
You are using light theme. You are using dark theme.
900hasse

Re: Thank you

Post by 900hasse »

Kubimate wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:35 am Hey Hasse, just wanted to thank you for this mod. I play with firends and we typically use smaller/older tractors which "suffer" from REA the most, but I don't enjoy this game without your mod! I have modified it a bit to make slip effect less punishing, so my friends will stop complain about getting stuck all the time
Hahahahaha!
I can relate to that, i have two friends (my personal test team) that have been playing with all versions, from total disaster until now :lol:
//900Hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

Hello!
Mods in progress can now be downloaded and tested from my GitHub account:
//900hasse
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg
KCHARRO

Post by KCHARRO »

900hasse wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:34 pm Hello!
Mods in progress can now be downloaded and tested from my GitHub account:
//900hasse
Thanks man... I'm sure many will be able to help in its development, thanks for giving us the opportunity...
astro80

Post by astro80 »

thanks for the github link! I hope to be useful in the development of the mod
onur

Post by onur »

HELLO,
I made a car mod but I have a problem. It starts to move as soon as start the engine.
Can you help me?
astro80

Post by astro80 »

hello, it`s possible to have more power requested by implements? i want a more stronger effect if it`s possible. Thank you 900 hasse
900hasse

Post by 900hasse »

astro80 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:13 pm hello, it`s possible to have more power requested by implements? i want a more stronger effect if it`s possible. Thank you 900 hasse
Hello!
1. Unpack mod ZIP
2. Open "REAimplements.lua" with text editor
3. Row 127-222 has all the settings so just play around there
4. ZIP all files if you play multiplayer or just have it unzipped if you play singel and want to test some.

//Hans
REA22 mod
//Hans Nordberg