why all the easy cash in all maps?

MrXNor

why all the easy cash in all maps?

Post by MrXNor »

Why is there so many shortcuts to money in the maps? Like collectibles.
On calmsden you can just become a millionaire just by selling stuff. SO why?

Is people not ready to work at it? will all maps be like this?
I would really like a map with a challenge and no "temptations" like this for a hard mode on console.

Or am i dreaming? wanting to work for it?
Last edited by MrXNor on Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanquis081

Re: why all the easy cash in all maps?

Post by Vanquis081 »

I included very old vehicles and buildings in my maps so that the profit of the sale was little and I only had complaints about why I did it that way.
Vanquish81
PC: - i7 9700k / RTX 2070 Super / G.Skill 32 Gb ram / MSI Z390-A PRO - :PC
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Its not a multiplayer game, so you can set your own constraints. Neither it is a race to the end. So let me be the first to say "you don't have to get them".
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

paul_c wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:20 pm Its not a multiplayer game, so you can set your own constraints. Neither it is a race to the end. So let me be the first to say "you don't have to get them".
Wow, good job on all the reading the post bits. All those difficult words most have taken a strain.....
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

There has been others that complain that they can't make any money at all or expenses are too high, so a little give and take I guess to try and satisfy everyone.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
wafflehatjoe

Post by wafflehatjoe »

Well...... as for collectables you say you cant help your self but go hunting for them. if easy money isn't your thing you could go into the map folder and edit the collectables value so instead of rewarding you for finding them, they cost you dearly to punish your self for lack of self control.

Like for elmcreek if you bought it through steam \steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\maps\mapUS\collectibles.xml

Code: Select all

<collectible name="tractorRed"          group="tractor"         dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_tractor"            moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="plowRed"             group="plow"            dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_plow"               moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="seederRed"           group="seeder"          dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_seeder"             moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="waterTrailerRed"     group="waterTrailer"    dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_waterTrailer"       moneyReward="-10000" />
And so on all the way down the line
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

wafflehatjoe wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:16 pm Well...... as for collectables you say you cant help your self but go hunting for them. if easy money isn't your thing you could go into the map folder and edit the collectables value so instead of rewarding you for finding them, they cost you dearly to punish your self for lack of self control.

Like for elmcreek if you bought it through steam \steamapps\common\Farming Simulator 22\data\maps\mapUS\collectibles.xml

Code: Select all

<collectible name="tractorRed"          group="tractor"         dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_tractor"            moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="plowRed"             group="plow"            dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_plow"               moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="seederRed"           group="seeder"          dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_seeder"             moneyReward="-10000" />
    <collectible name="waterTrailerRed"     group="waterTrailer"    dialogText="$l10n_collectible_us_waterTrailer"       moneyReward="-10000" />
And so on all the way down the line
Thanx, but not really an option on xbox
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

So hold on.

You HAVE to get the collectibles because of your ADHD, and that makes the game too easy, and that's GIANTS fault? That about sum it up?

If you absolutely HAVE to get the collectibles, get them. We're both on Xbox, so there is a work around. When you get $1,000 for the collectible, find a piece of equipment in the shop you can lease for around $1,000. Lease and immediately return it. You have the collectible and didn't gain any money from it. When you find the last one, and get the bonus do the same thing on a bigger piece of equipment.

On console this is a way to lose money when needed. The only way until they bring back tax signs as a mod.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

adammac5858 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm So hold on.

You HAVE to get the collectibles because of your ADHD, and that makes the game too easy, and that's GIANTS fault? That about sum it up?
That's the bit I'm scratching my head on too.

Anyway....let me divert it away from there. How far into the game are you? As in, which in-game year are you on, what do you have (area of land, equipment, production plants, animals etc) and how much cash have you amassed? There's definitely more ways to spend money than you can have properly explored, in the time FS22 has been out, maybe its just you need some direction for mid-game.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

I am on NML and Elmcreek. Getting ready to take Calmsden for a spin.

NML I have about $3,500 in the bank, no loan. Own the older small Steyr I got on sale. Small trailer and a stump grinder. I don't wanna cheat on this map so I play as realistic as I can!

Elmcreek is a different story. I have the JD 8R and 8RT (?), S700 harvester, large trailer with a Mack truck and big sheds. Two enormous fields. My loan is about $475,000. Totally cheated in money for this one. The dang farm and fields alone were like 2.1 million.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

im just baffled by the sheer amount of easy cash that apparently people have to get for free. LIke on calmsden, there are several items you can sell for almost half a million. why? and why is there like an absolute must that the game has to be made into a treasure hunt? i thought it was a farming sim? Is it normal where you are that there are 50000 euro game cartridges just lying around to get? if so where is that cause damn im going there...
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

paul_c wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:11 pm
adammac5858 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:03 pm So hold on.

That's the bit I'm scratching my head on too.

Anyway....let me divert it away from there. How far into the game are you? As in, which in-game year are you on, what do you have (area of land, equipment, production plants, animals etc) and how much cash have you amassed? There's definitely more ways to spend money than you can have properly explored, in the time FS22 has been out, maybe its just you need some direction for mid-game.
im not saying its "giants fault" or **** like that, im just asking, why is it nescessary to put more and more stuff like that into maps
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

they put it in because some people like it. i had an absolute blast finding the collectibles on each map the first time, and now i just ignore them when i want to play more "hardcore". not everything is for everyone and that's ok.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Adhd? You should struggle with finding all of the tokens or whatever they are called

Symptoms
Impulsiveness.
Disorganization and problems prioritizing.
Poor time management skills.
Problems focusing on a task.
Trouble multitasking.
Excessive activity or restlessness.
Poor planning.
Low frustration tolerance.
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

let me try to explain better, before you all try to diagnose me to death.

I like to roleplay when i play a simulator, i kinda like it to be a fun diversion and really live into it. Finding magical wooden toys all over the place no matter where you turn, that pops money into the bank when you touch them, kinda breaks the immersion. With apparently more and more items like that added, im JUST wondering why. Why is there a need for it? I thought this was a farming sim, not a toys are us collectible edition? i do not see a single reason why every map has to have this kinda clutter and stuff. At least just give a button to remove the damn toys.