why all the easy cash in all maps?

MrXNor

Re: why all the easy cash in all maps?

Post by MrXNor »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:55 pm
MrXNor wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:10 pm Why is there so many shortcuts to money in the maps? Like collectibles.
On calmsden you can just become a millionaire just by selling stuff. SO why?

Is people not ready to work at it? will all maps be like this?
I would really like a map with a challenge and no "temptations" like this for a hard mode on console.

Or am i dreaming? wanting to work for it?
Going back to your original post:
To me the usual "start with two fields and three tractors" just isn't realistic either, most farms are bought and sold as complete units, where if the equipment is included it's an appropriate size for the farm. This is especially the case in the UK where most of the farms have existed in one form or another since the 1773 Enclosure Act. This all comes down to a role-play where a reasonable sized farm changes hands and that needs "free cash": I haven't really worked out my Calmsden farm startup yet but it will probably involve considerably more that one million pounds in land.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just explaining why "free cash" works for my play-style.
Thank you for that explanation. It really helps understanding how it is in UK.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 pm All the strawmen have created accounts within the past 6 months it seems....ok you keep being a "victim".

I love the collectibles lol
Honest observation, between friends. Based on your replies to the OP, you come off as the one feeling victimized, because you like a feature that he doesn't.
My other friend, who's name I won't mention, gave the OP a sensible answer that was likely helpful.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE318 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:13 pm
lawm wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:31 pm All the strawmen have created accounts within the past 6 months it seems....ok you keep being a "victim".

I love the collectibles lol
Honest observation, between friends. Based on your replies to the OP, you come off as the one feeling victimized, because you like a feature that he doesn't.
My other friend, who's name I won't mention, gave the OP a sensible answer that was likely helpful.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

:lol: Alright, it's official, I've been told today...
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

You don't have to use the shortcuts. Ignore it. For beginners, especially, it's nice to have a little boost. Chill. You're fine. Ignore it. I used to get in a twist about little things that didn't really affect me. Got ulcers. I don't do it anymore.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

My 2 cents.
I was playing FS17 Goldcrest base map near the release of FS22. For the first time, I decided I wanted to own and harvest every field on the map before the new release.
To help make the process go quick, I spent an hour collecting all the nuggets. I used that money to buy a bunch of the smaller fields that I normally wouldn't bother with.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

SimulatedFarmer wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:10 pm I used to get in a twist about little things that didn't really affect me. Got ulcers. I don't do it anymore.
:this: :hi:
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Folks, I think we can all agree that this post got a little carried away. We're all adults here.

As has been mentioned, the map/mod creators are simply trying to appease as large an audience as possible. Bear in mind that just because you find something silly, doesn't necessarily mean that someone else, or the majority of other players. I enjoy playing the game, but over nearly a decade of playing Farming Simulator on several different systems and untold numbers of maps and saves, I've come to find that the base-game economy, while not all that difficult, can be cumbersome when a person gets a little shorter on time. On PC, there are a plethora of ways to remedy this issue. On consoles, not so much. Some people may not be as fluent with mods, either. As a result, the "collectibles" are a sort of slightly interesting way to give players that don't use mods, and/or don't have access to mods or ways to cheat in money, a jump start. The reality is a large majority of players don't mind that. It's also intended and implemented such that, if it's something that a player doesn't want to use, it's easy not to. If it's something that really truly bothers you, you have many options. You can ignore them. Pretend they don't exist. If ADHD is actually an issue of yours, you can collect all of them, and then use the store to reduce your money. You might have to get a little creative, that's all.

I apologize for the long post, but after reading the various comments on the thread, I couldn't contain myself, and had to insert my opinion, for what it's worth.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
lawm

Post by lawm »

Deadeye.....well done!
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Deadeye wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:07 am
I apologize for the long post, but after reading the various comments on the thread, I couldn't contain myself, and had to insert my opinion, for what it's worth.
Very nice post. It's a tribute to FS that people are so much "into it" and have such personal feelings about it. We may not always agree, but most of us love it. My husband doesn't play it, but he's amazed at the complexity. By the way, he bought it for me as a joke. That was 8 years ago.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

Moral of the story, don't have an opinion that doesn't align with the clique.
lawm

Post by lawm »

DEERE318 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 am Moral of the story, don't have an opinion that doesn't align with the clique.
I feel like John McEnroe. You cannot be serious. And I am very serious when I say that. You cannot be serious in thinking that Giants is going to read this thread and come out with an update and concede to the OP's issue with an option to remove the collectibles or making them disappear altogether. Posting and playing victim or getting snarky because someone responds with the most obvious solution.....which the OP did to someone else before I questioned the ADHD.....signals that the OP is looking for a fight. The most logical solution=not looking for them. Those responses were followed by insults of us hurting our heads and me "harassing " OP.

Also I ignored you yesterday saying that you concede or however you phrased it about me and illinois....but that wasnt good enough was it? Nope....it never is....we gotta keep poking the bear.
Also did you even suggest a solution? I'm starting to think you are the OP with your pot stirring comment today. Also the "hunkyfarmer" account that was started the same day me and you had words last weekend.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

Another aspect which hasn't been mentioned is that simply collecting things or selling items on Calmsden - its not sustainable. Similar to going on the NML map and chopping every tree down, except there obviously you can replant trees. Its a single player offline game, you can choose to be sustainable or not.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

lawm wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:35 am
DEERE318 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:00 am Moral of the story, don't have an opinion that doesn't align with the clique.
I feel like John McEnroe. You cannot be serious. And I am very serious when I say that. You cannot be serious in thinking that Giants is going to read this thread and come out with an update and concede to the OP's issue with an option to remove the collectibles or making them disappear altogether. Posting and playing victim or getting snarky because someone responds with the most obvious solution.....which the OP did to someone else before I questioned the ADHD.....signals that the OP is looking for a fight. The most logical solution=not looking for them. Those responses were followed by insults of us hurting our heads and me "harassing " OP.

Also I ignored you yesterday saying that you concede or however you phrased it about me and illinois....but that wasnt good enough was it? Nope....it never is....we gotta keep poking the bear.
Also did you even suggest a solution? I'm starting to think you are the OP with your pot stirring comment today. Also the "hunkyfarmer" account that was started the same day me and you had words last weekend.
"Also did you even suggest a solution? I'm starting to think you are the OP with your pot stirring comment today."

I gave an example of how the gold nuggets came in handy for me on Goldcrest Valley. You just need to look back a couple posts. Perhaps you saw it, but then saw red when you came to the one in your quote.

I'm not trying to be a dick, I just wanted to show how easy it is to trigger somebody. The OP clearly felt upset by your replies to him, and then you end by calling him a victim.

I don't agree with the OP, and wouldn't expect Giants or any other mapper to accommodate him. As far as I can tell, he was asking a question, and made a suggestion, that wasn't received well.

Anyways, we can still be friends. The "clique" thing was just a friendly dig, thick-skin to thick-skin. *thumbsup*
MrXNor

Post by MrXNor »

first of all, not looking for a fight, absolutely not. And i really value everyones input here. I have a lot of good ideas here now on what to do. I would like a button to turn collectible off/on to make them not visible. But i can live with getting the cash and "rent it away". A solution i didnt think about tbh.