Crop growth

xlisa1986x

Crop growth

Post by xlisa1986x »

I’m a little late to the 22 party, had it a couple of weeks and have been plodding on. I didn’t realise how bad the growth rate for crops actually is! What confuses me is how the number of days in a month works? If it takes say 4 months for a crop to be fully grown, I understand if it was one day in a month it would take 4 days.. but what happens if you have 5 days per month? Would it then take 20 days?
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
humbe

Re: Crop growth

Post by humbe »

xlisa1986x wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:32 pm I’m a little late to the 22 party, had it a couple of weeks and have been plodding on. I didn’t realise how bad the growth rate for crops actually is! What confuses me is how the number of days in a month works? If it takes say 4 months for a crop to be fully grown, I understand if it was one day in a month it would take 4 days.. but what happens if you have 5 days per month? Would it then take 20 days?
In short, yes..

Many days per month is just a way to slow down to get time to do more within a month.. And those who like to play at x20 speed, can then have multiple nights per month for roleplaying reasons..

Everything in game should be normalized per month.. If you build a solar plant you should get the same income per month regardless of days per month. Cows should eat the same amount of food per month, hens lay the same amount of eggs per month and so on..

(In FS19 seasons, 1 day per month (or 3 per season as they called it) was a bit short, because it had failed to average weather for hay drying, so you needed longer season in order to dry hay. That is no issue in FS22 as hay dries instantly upon tedding, so stick with 1 day per month until you find time flies by too fast)

(And I take it you didn't use to play with seasons.. There's a grow now addon you can use to force growth really quick, and you can disable the sowing/harvesting calendar so you can sow any time if you want to, but the intended game play is likely just to increase speed and you can sleep at any time to skip past days you don't have anything to do)
xlisa1986x

Post by xlisa1986x »

Thank you, really appreciate that info :-) definitely gonna change the days in a month back to 1 until my farm is more built up. I took off the sowing/harvest season part as never played with seasons on in past games so would only confuse me more lol.
I’m on Xbox Series X so don’t think the mod is available on there but thanks
Xbox 360 - FS and FS15
Xbox One - FS17 and FS19
Xbox Series X - FS22
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Yep, Giants installed a seriously bastardised version of Seasons with FS22, and now there is no looking back even if you don't actually want seasons.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

You could always work for one day, then sleep for twenty days. I think that is the new loop.
Phi258

Post by Phi258 »

xlisa1986x wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:07 pm Thank you, really appreciate that info :-) definitely gonna change the days in a month back to 1 until my farm is more built up. I took off the sowing/harvest season part as never played with seasons on in past games so would only confuse me more lol.
I’m on Xbox Series X so don’t think the mod is available on there but thanks
Easiest to set it for one day per month and then change the timeframe on the busier months e.g. I turn it up to 120* on the winter months and back down to 10 to 30* in the summer