Where's the 1.3 patch???

Illinois Farmer

Re: Where's the 1.3 patch???

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah I think it is a mod for fs22. It used to base game for fs19 and fs17.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:46 pm Yeah I think it is a mod for fs22. It used to base game for fs19 and fs17.
I'll try it out. Its definitely bigger than the base trucks on 22. Do all pickups automatically put the goose neck attached in the bed like the base game truck does? Or does a modder have to incorporate that in the mod?
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

Mwal wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:14 pm
blue_painted wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:39 pm I don't suppose it really matters but I still don't think I know what the idiom "These are lunch fetching errand trucks" means. Or put another way, what trucks would have not been those?
Small pickups like that get bought by construction companies and mechanic shops to run for parts or to grab lunch at dinner time, they are basically cars with a box not good for much other than putting big parts in the box. They’re cheap to buy, cheap to insure, and cheap to fuel. Like a ford ranger like this
Versus a 3/4 diesel pickup made to pull like this which is mine and what I use on the farm and for construction
Basically it’s a cheaper way than buying a semi and it’s pretty common in the states, or at least where I’m from. As a farmer you can get away with a half ton (which is still bigger than what’s in game) but on the construction end you gotta play by the rules and get a bigger truck, many rental places won’t even rent you a large skid steer anymore if you don’t at least have a 3/4 ton
Just a question.

Given the Big Tex on the back, what would be max allowable weight you can put on the trailer irl? I imagine that sooner or later the truck will not be able to give adequate braking force, so you couldn't haul a 16T 1050.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

lawm wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:52 pm
I'll try it out. Its definitely bigger than the base trucks on 22. Do all pickups automatically put the goose neck attached in the bed like the base game truck does? Or does a modder have to incorporate that in the mod?
I have no idea. Also the way giants physics are it probably still won't work haha
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:52 pm

I have no idea. Also the way giants physics are it probably still won't work haha
15 and 17 had descent starter trucks. I'll try the one you mentioned, see if it's better till the patch
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Case-man wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:25 pm
Just a question.

Given the Big Tex on the back, what would be max allowable weight you can put on the trailer irl? I imagine that sooner or later the truck will not be able to give adequate braking force, so you couldn't haul a 16T 1050.
That trailers axels only allow for 25,000 but you can get bigger. The truck is rated for 24,000 max towing but a lot of it is how you load the trailer, like balancing the weight to get enough on the trailer but also the right amount on gooseneck to keep control. The trailer also has brakes you can adjust the force on per the size of your load.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So, what did I miss?
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

Ro4dKi11 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:41 pm The TLX 2020 finally makes it through your unhelpful testing, and console players are denied access until 1.3 patch is released. Seriously Giants you need to lift your game.
How long are we supposed to let you of the hook because your not the only ones who can't do things correctly the first time, in your case it 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th times and still counting.
We don't want excuses we want to be able to play the game we brought months ago!!! AAAHHHHHH
:lol:
the big print giveth the small print taketh
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:46 pm So, what did I miss?
Ladies and gentlemen, good evening
You've seen, and seeing is believing
Your ears and your eyes will be bleeding
Please check to see if you're still breathing…
lawm

Post by lawm »

Boom! (Do you want it?)
Boom! (Do you need it?)
Boom! (Let me hear it!)
Ladies and gentlemen!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I haven't heard that in a while. *insert any bad word* you are old. lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:59 pm I haven't heard that in a while. *insert any bad word* you are old. lol.
Just turned 38.....I'm starting to feel like uncle rico on napoleon dynamite....or I should be on one of those "helping people not turn onto their parents" commercials lol
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

I assume you posted this crying session on Groundhog Day intentionally? I mean history is repeating itself, melting down over a free mod that may or may not have ever existed...
SimulatedFarmer

Post by SimulatedFarmer »

Happy Farmer!

“Giants is a small team making a very different game.”

Yes. Now tell me why, at about $80 U.S., with a player base so huge, It is STILL a small team? I have my opinion, but what’s the point? If any company can’t keep up with current staff, you hire more. If you don’t, eventually it will bite you in the behind. Maybe not this year, but it will. I still like the game, but it is, truly, frustrating. I’m not angry, just frustrated.
Bunyip Farm

Post by Bunyip Farm »

WOW 5 pages in a day, I've touched a nerve.
Was expecting all the shut up and wait, Giants do no wrong posts. But was surprised by the amount of people that get where I'm coming from, much appreciated folks, thank you very much.
It's not just about mods, but I admit I've been hanging out for 82's, and all the TLX versions will be held up because of this not just the 2020.
I used to play on 15 for hours at a time day after day and never had a mod. Because I love the game and it worked, cut down tree didn't pop into uncutable shapes, Wool didn't get stuck in the ground (can't remember was wool a thing back then, but you know what I mean), just a couple of dozens of issues we're stuck with on 22, months after release I don't remember 17 and 19 taking this long to fix, but Focus were involved then, maybe they were doing all the heavy lifting. I don't know or really care. I just want to be able to play I game I've enjoyed playing for years.
Giants are like the bubble boy who took a pin to school. He let his teacher down, he let classmates down, he let the school down and worst of all he let himself down. lol