Removing brown weeds

mrsnobber

Removing brown weeds

Post by mrsnobber »

Hey guys, i sprayed my field to remove my weeds, now they are dead, and thats good, but it shows as brown on the map and dead weeds all over the field, ugly, any way to remove these? (i tried weeder and it didnt work - since they already "gone")

Using any cultivator would remove them, but i have crops that i dont want to ruin
paul_c

Re: Removing brown weeds

Post by paul_c »

I don't think you can, the only way would be to not have had any weeds grow in the first place. The two ways to achieve that are, plough before sowing; or spray herb the same month after sowing.
mrsnobber

Post by mrsnobber »

I figured out that you can spray the weeds before seeding (but only if you have them growing on your field), and then use a shallow cultivator on them to remove them. then roll to get a very nice seedbed, no function ingame really, just look quite nice
punchi

Post by punchi »

You can spray directly after seeding, then you won't grow any weeds at all when your crop germinates
mrsnobber

Post by mrsnobber »

Wow didnt know spraying gave -10%, just experiemented with it now and thats why the field was brown (IF you spray on crops first stage, not if sprayed instantly after seed)
Case-man

Post by Case-man »

Yes you do get a penalty with Herbicides, think there is another thread on it.

Small weeds, you can use a weeder. Medium weeds and root crops (potatoes, corn etc) require the use of a hoe (currently only one in the store) and large weeds you are screwed and need to spray.

But I think if you cultivate and remove or roll in the small stones you can limit the amount of weeds. Currently its a toss up between stones and weeds.
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

mrsnobber wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:24 pm Wow didnt know spraying gave -10%, just experiemented with it now and thats why the field was brown (IF you spray on crops first stage, not if sprayed instantly after seed)
And if you spray herbicide before weeds get to grow ( right after seeding) you get 20%.
mrsnobber

Post by mrsnobber »

strauts6 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:29 pm
mrsnobber wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:24 pm Wow didnt know spraying gave -10%, just experiemented with it now and thats why the field was brown (IF you spray on crops first stage, not if sprayed instantly after seed)
And if you spray herbicide before weeds get to grow ( right after seeding) you get 20%.
I didnt got any minus from doing that
Peter Griffin

Post by Peter Griffin »

Yield penalty only applies if you spray after crops are growing. You get the bonus if applied before crop growth
XBOX/ FS22
NWJ22

Post by NWJ22 »

The dead weeds in the crop look ugly, id like to see them go brown, but the next growth stage the disappear.