Does weather matter?

johandenver

Does weather matter?

Post by johandenver »

Does weather have anything to do with crop yield?

I'm suspecting it doesn't but it's such a big part of real life farming that I think it really should.
I don't know a huge amount about real farming but I do think things like WHEN it rains is important as well as the fact that some crops are more sensitive than other, to things like storms for example.

It would make seasons much more interesting when you potentially could get a huge bonus yield if the weather works in your favour, as well as getting a really stuff harvest due to drought.

It would also add an element of risk when planting your crops, should you go for the "safe" one or risk planting something more sensitive, that could potentially mean a much higher income or almost nothing at all.

To me, a thing like this seems moddable but then again, I don't really know how hard modding is in FS22 at all.
Beastbubba

Re: Does weather matter?

Post by Beastbubba »

No it dosen't...

As for seasons, depending on what you have days set to you are skipping time. Maybe it rained then or maybe it's a drought?!?
PC gamer.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

It appears to still be a pointless use of resources after all these years.
Of all games where weather should play a key part, it's a farming game.
Add this one to the list.
humbe

Post by humbe »

Thought I read somewhere that in FS22 you can harvest wet crops while.you in FS19 hqd to wait and that is a yield penalty. But maybe it was just wishful thinking..
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

humbe wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:03 pm Thought I read somewhere that in FS22 you can harvest wet crops while.you in FS19 hqd to wait and that is a yield penalty. But maybe it was just wishful thinking..
You can harvest in the rain but there is a yield penalty involved.
Bobble2020

Post by Bobble2020 »

One of the messages as your save loads says you can harvest in rain but you will get less harvest doing it
Frag

Post by Frag »

What you are describing here was the Season mod in FS19.

- You had to plan your harvest since rain was raising your ground humidity and you could not harvest when it was too humid.
- You had to monitor the ground temperature to know when to seed.
- You could not work frozen ground.
- You had to watch the weather since not enough rain or too much could ruin your crops.
- You could configure the wanted weather month per months.
- etc etc etc

That thing was making the game challenging and fun. I was excited when they said that seasons would be part of the FS22 now, since the "Season" mod was a MUST HAVE for many FS19 player.

Unfortunately the game was dumbed down. The only thing they kept from this mod was having different textures for season and added the snow. Everything related to crop management depending of the weather and ground condition was canned.

In FS19, I was CONSTANTLY opening the weather page anxious for the next few days. In FS22, I opened it once and never used it again since the information is useless from the game perspective. It could not rain for 2 years in a row with 48 degree Celsius and the crop would be 100% happy. Try that in FS19 and you will face a completely destroyed field.

I do like the new Construction interface and the sounds of FS22. Everything else is a dumb down version of FS19 in my book. If I knew what I know now, I would have said NOT to touch anything season related. At least the "Season" mod would have been ported to FS22 and we would have fun with it now.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, Giants calls it seasonal cycles, not seasons. You summed it up pretty well why they have differentiated it.

That said, the majority of the players in 19 played without seasons. That is probably one of the reasons we got a light version of it.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Frag wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:36 pm What you are describing here was the Season mod in FS19.

- You had to plan your harvest since rain was raising your ground humidity and you could not harvest when it was too humid.
- You had to monitor the ground temperature to know when to seed.
- You could not work frozen ground.
- You had to watch the weather since not enough rain or too much could ruin your crops.
- You could configure the wanted weather month per months.
- etc etc etc

That thing was making the game challenging and fun. I was excited when they said that seasons would be part of the FS22 now, since the "Season" mod was a MUST HAVE for many FS19 player.

Unfortunately the game was dumbed down. The only thing they kept from this mod was having different textures for season and added the snow. Everything related to crop management depending of the weather and ground condition was canned.

In FS19, I was CONSTANTLY opening the weather page anxious for the next few days. In FS22, I opened it once and never used it again since the information is useless from the game perspective. It could not rain for 2 years in a row with 48 degree Celsius and the crop would be 100% happy. Try that in FS19 and you will face a completely destroyed field.

I do like the new Construction interface and the sounds of FS22. Everything else is a dumb down version of FS19 in my book. If I knew what I know now, I would have said NOT to touch anything season related. At least the "Season" mod would have been ported to FS22 and we would have fun with it now.
No one knows if Seasons would’ve been ported to FS22 - that would’ve been up to the modding team. We could’ve been stuck with no base game seasons and no mod.