delete all stone's

Mr.Smoke

Re: delete all stone's

Post by Mr.Smoke »

Turn stones off and save the game, then exit. Go into the game files, inside the maps section (possibly a data folder within maps, can't remember exactly) there is a file named densityMap_stones.gdm and you want to copy that. Open your save game folder and replace with the one you copied.

Voila! The map will be cleared of stones.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:02 pm Turn stones off and save the game, then exit. Go into the game files, inside the maps section (possibly a data folder within maps, can't remember exactly) there is a file named densityMap_stones.gdm and you want to copy that. Open your save game folder and replace with the one you copied.

Elmcreek: Farming Simulator 2022\data\maps\mapUS\data
Haut-Beyleron: Farming Simulator 2022\data\maps\mapFR\data
Erlengrat: Farming Simulator 2022\data\maps\mapAlpine\data
reider

Post by reider »

reider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:44 pm See the cheats above. You may need to do that. I tabbed through the commands and saw it, thinking it was built in. ~But it seems to be part of the cheats so they need to be added to make it show. It's all in this thread what to do.

EDIT: This is for everyone else reading this thread. Adding this here rather than a fresh post. If you have any joined areas like paths or tracks where the stones have become permanent fear not, their is a solution. I had tried stone picking, ploughing, field stone removal cheats, everything except explosives. Nothing worked. Finally I went into paint mode and painted the stone patches as grass, rough ground, tried a few textures. Ploughed the path/track afterwards and to my utter suprise it worked. I then planted a crop just on the path and that too worked. So no more stones.
Forgot about this. I think True and False state work too but not fully tested to bring back fields from total stone removal.

# gsStoneSystemSetState 40 true

Using field 40 as an example try that. I want all mine off so not messing with those bloomin stones. But that may bring em back for you. Maybe not straight away but after you run some farm machinery over them. Let us know and then others have all the available info too. I think I tried once and false got rid of stones, same as setting the state to none. So true state should work. Maybe true sets stones, false temporarilly gets rid of them and none gets rid completely so they don't return. But change the state is a different stopry perhaps.

Rieder
dan1108

Post by dan1108 »

reider wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:59 pm
reider wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:44 pm See the cheats above. You may need to do that. I tabbed through the commands and saw it, thinking it was built in. ~But it seems to be part of the cheats so they need to be added to make it show. It's all in this thread what to do.

EDIT: This is for everyone else reading this thread. Adding this here rather than a fresh post. If you have any joined areas like paths or tracks where the stones have become permanent fear not, their is a solution. I had tried stone picking, ploughing, field stone removal cheats, everything except explosives. Nothing worked. Finally I went into paint mode and painted the stone patches as grass, rough ground, tried a few textures. Ploughed the path/track afterwards and to my utter suprise it worked. I then planted a crop just on the path and that too worked. So no more stones.
Forgot about this. I think True and False state work too but not fully tested to bring back fields from total stone removal.

# gsStoneSystemSetState 40 true

Using field 40 as an example try that. I want all mine off so not messing with those bloomin stones. But that may bring em back for you. Maybe not straight away but after you run some farm machinery over them. Let us know and then others have all the available info too. I think I tried once and false got rid of stones, same as setting the state to none. So true state should work. Maybe true sets stones, false temporarilly gets rid of them and none gets rid completely so they don't return. But change the state is a different stopry perhaps.

Rieder
I used the false statement to remove my stones and they didn't come back. I don't recall if I tried true. However, in the new year, all stones for sure were back...the stone system is still a bit broken if you ask me. I plowed a field for a contract, left small stones because I only plow, not subsoil (and somewhere someone said subsoiler won't work for plow contracts?) - anyways, the next month (I didn't pay attention when I got paid for the contract), I went back to the same field to spray, and there were medium stones. That's silly - I can see some point to it, as they want to control the exact state of the fields (like planting or fertilizing entire field, even though you only did ~90%)...but I certainly would not have chosen that fert contract if I knew it had medium stones - I have a brand new SP Sprayer, and it took a few % more in damage than it would have with small stones IMO.
Stone75

Post by Stone75 »

Mr.Smoke wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:02 pm Turn stones off and save the game, then exit. Go into the game files, inside the maps section (possibly a data folder within maps, can't remember exactly) there is a file named densityMap_stones.gdm and you want to copy that. Open your save game folder and replace with the one you copied.

gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

reider wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:14 pm Yes, it seems to kill stones fully. Except any that became permanent and they can be painted out with grass then ploughed over. I still fail to understand why Giants didn't fix this situaton in the patch, they obviously knew about it. If you turn a light off in your house you don't expect it to come on again on its own. We turned the stones off and they still appeared. I even had them appearing, whilst turned off, just when harvesting. That was/is well broken.
If they fixed it now what would they fix in 1.4?

They have a list of bugs that they plan to fix and the will damn well make sure that they spread out theses fixes over the next two years and they aren't going to go looking for any new ones.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
Guil

Post by Guil »

I believe if you delete densityMap_stones.gdm in the save folder and then start the game the map will be cleared of all stones
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

In the mod RealLifeNumbers (www.modhoster.com) there is a small script where you can adjust the size of stones and scale up/down the wear-effect on machinery. It does not remove the stones, they just become invisible and their wear-effect is nulled. I'm sure the field state map will still show that the map is full of stones, unless perhaps if you have turned the stone system off at the same time.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

So if I read this right, what appears to be happening is when you start a game it starts as default, so weeds, stones, lime etc are all enabled and generated in the world, and when you go into the game options to turn them off it doesn't delete the existing ones that have already spawned, it just stops new ones (hopefully). So if you turn them off and then delete/replace the relevant files with the default ones, from before the extras are generated, you can then go on with the game without them coming back.

In that case, when you start a game you should be able to set options like weeds, stone, lime and seasons before the game world is generated so that the world files are free of all the additional stuff if you don't want it.

This is a start customization screen we have asked for before and were just ignored, the same screen could be used to set options like money and if you start with land and equipment. This is such an obvious and simple idea, but no, Giants have their fixed start options and just will not change things.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
aldodrem

Post by aldodrem »

I gave up on trying to play The Old Stream Farm map because I had stones spawned in POI & streets & couldn't figure out how to remove all the stones from the map. This worked.
It's easy to know what you are against, quite an honour to know what you are for.