Anyone else refunding the season pass or just me

tam210

Anyone else refunding the season pass or just me

Post by tam210 »

as per above im interested if anyone else is trying to get a refund on steam for the season pass waited 3months to see if were going to get some exciting new stuff and we get hit with for a brand new game 10 niche tractors to do vineyard stuff that 95% of the playerbase dont even do i think giants have lost it honestly.

im more excited that the 1.3 patch is coming and for the stuff in the free content update than a DLC ?

been playing since fs08 and im starting to lose faith been on a downward spiral since 17 then eventually they released some amazing dlc for 19 borgault and the kvernland pack etc amazing stuff and now were back to some lame DLC that hardly anyone wants fair enough adding that niche kinda stuff half way through the season pass after we had atleast one amazing dlc pack.

I was hoping the first DLC they would come out swinging with some amazing equipment too get us hyped for the next dlc not make us question buying a season pass in the first place just poor if you ask me i hope steam gives me the refund.
deerefarm

Re: Anyone else refunding the season pass or just me

Post by deerefarm »

I hear you brother, this has to be the most disappointing and poorly thought out pack that Giant's have ever release. Next time I'll know better and do what I've done in the past and buy the packs that I actually see merit in. I took a chance as the season's pass was new to PC players and I won't be making that mistake again. Let's hope the next 3 packs blow this one out of the water to make up for the wasted 10 bucks on tractors that will never see the light of day on any of my maps.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

its ok to be disappointed, but not everything has to be for everyone. i'm sure there are people who are very happy with this pack! it can be exciting to think of all the possibilities of what might come in the season pass for a new game, but in the future it might be better to wait and see what each individual dlc is before you buy. i hope you can get your refund without any problems and that the next dlc is exactly what you want!
Bobbydj1980

Post by Bobbydj1980 »

I never purchased the season pass for this exact reason I was hoping for some big us equipment like seeders and plows and cultivators Giants has really been a disappointment on this one but on the bright side at least they are finally releasing a patch
Love farming simulator I play on the Xbox series x orangebeach Alabama
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Evidently I’m in the minority for English speaking players, but I’m looking forward to this DLC, and am glad I have a season pass. I do get why some people don’t like this DLC pack, and that’s fine, but I’ve wanted more attention paid to the smaller end of things, and this does it nicely. I can’t wait for my tiny Italian quadtrack!
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

I was just over on the steam forums and boy are they spitting venom over there.
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

Giants are in a tough spot with DLC choices. I would say they've chosen badly quite a lot, but with a season pass your going to upset a lot of players. Personally i think all DLC (the main theme) included in a season pass should be known to players then they can decide whether to buy the season pass.
Burekcina

Post by Burekcina »

DLC is already 10% off on Steam...so much for that season pass (loot box pass) savings.
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

I can understand newcomers feeling slightly jaded. Oldtimers have nothing to complain about. Farming Sim DLC has always been spotty at best. There have only been three or four packs that were universally acclaimed, everything else is filler. I'd never waste my money on buying them all, let alone up front.
michele1048

Post by michele1048 »

many DLCs were already on the internet as mods, Carraro and Goldoni as early as fs15 I always wait to see what I buy because I earn my money, I can't find it under the farming trees
JonasKaizer

Post by JonasKaizer »

mackintosh wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:10 pm I can understand newcomers feeling slightly jaded. Oldtimers have nothing to complain about. Farming Sim DLC has always been spotty at best. There have only been three or four packs that were universally acclaimed, everything else is filler. I'd never waste my money on buying them all, let alone up front.
I agree 100%. returning players should know what to expect. for me this DLC is looking great. I have never bought the season pass, even tough I've bought every single dlc since fs 2013.

on facebook and Instagram there's always alot of people complaining about DLC and most of them wants big equipment. if that is all you want, then dont buy the season pass.
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

So you're saying most people want DLC with big equipment.
Giants does a little giggle, and puts out DLC with tiny equipment.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Personally I have never really understood the logic of buying a season pass with no information about what’s planned. It’s like going shopping with a blindfold on.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm Personally I have never really understood the logic of buying a season pass with no information about what’s planned. It’s like going shopping with a blindfold on.
I think the idea is that you can save a few quid overall, but to be honest for me that's just not worth the bother.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:27 pm
Rasping rabbit wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:25 pm Personally I have never really understood the logic of buying a season pass with no information about what’s planned. It’s like going shopping with a blindfold on.
I think the idea is that you can save a few quid overall, but to be honest for me that's just not worth the bother.
Yeah that's the idea you save a few quid overall in theory, but when you end up with something you wouldn't bother with in the first place, then it ends up costing you more.