A question to those who rate mods in ModHub

Mellek

Re: A question to those who rate mods in ModHub

Post by Mellek »

I only rate mods with 4 or 5 and keep those in my mod folder, most important thing for me is that it causes no errors and fits perfectly into the game.
Mods with small but negligible issues, but which I think the maker should have definitely noticed while testing it, get a 4 but I will rate it again if they fix the issue in an update.

And I try to leave personal taste out of the rating, one example is the Case IH Vestrum from RedCat3D on the modhub, I'm very pleased to have it ingame, it causes no errors, sounds good, looks good and functions good but it has the camera moving with the seat suspension which I do not like. The mod is 100% worth the 5 star rating, quality wise there is nothing wrong with it, but in this case it would have been nice to have the option in the modhub to give a suggestion to the mod maker since Giants has the option in the base game to turn the camera moving with the seat on/off. (...which doesn't work with all base game vehicles ! :lol: )

Maybe a small but optional suggestion box on the modhub could help modders who want feedback linked to the rating, choice should be with
the modder if they want this or not.
CowsGoMoo

Re: A question to those who rate mods in ModHub

Post by CowsGoMoo »

For me I only rate (if I remember too) mods I use. So even if it's a mod that I downloaded, tried it once and decided I didn't want it or like it and deleted, I don't typically rate it. I'm not a hoarder so I don't download every mod under the sun.

As for rating, if mod (most importantly) works correctly, does what it's supposed to do (does the straw blower blow straw?) and doesn't conflict with map or base equipment, it gets a positive. If it looks good (graphics match current game) it gets a positive point. I don't rate upon popularity among other players, but if I find I like to use the mod repeatedly through out different game plays it gets a positive. Finally I also rate a mod based on the mod creator themselves, if they don't fix issues or update mod to be compatible with fs game updates, it does not get a positive mark.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs