Harvest Contract after 1.3; bug, fix, or nerf?

fllonewulf

Harvest Contract after 1.3; bug, fix, or nerf?

Post by fllonewulf »

Prior to the 1.3 patch, a harvest contract would result in 84% contract completion when the entire field was harvest and no product was delivered to the sell point. Now in 1.3, that contract completion is at 80% when the entire field has been harvested. This results in more product needing to be delivered to complete the contract, and less residual product for the player. You would need 25% more product to complete the contract, which virtually eliminates any residual harvest, making harvesting contracts much less appealing.

Is this an unintended effect of contract progress notification (bug), a fix to an incorrectly functioning system (fix), or an intentional undocumented change (nerf)?
Noraf

Re: Harvest Contract after 1.3; bug, fix, or nerf?

Post by Noraf »

An announced fix.
And in my opinion, a good fix too. Got way to much of a bonus before.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Guil

Post by Guil »

When contracts were introduced to the game it was always meant to be 80% after harvesting the whole field so I'm guessing the same applies and it was bugged in 22
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

Giants changed the amounts in the last patch as a quick fix because of the problems people were having completing contracts.

They did say in the patch notes for that fix that the large amounts leftover was temporary and to enjoy it while it lasted.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Sounds like they moved the bar closer to the "simulator" aspect. I always thought it was goofy that I can just take all of this leftover product and profit from it
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

I did 2 of the larger fields as hay baling contracts after the patch and got 140,000 litres of leftover hay, maybe they didn’t fix the grass contracts?

But I agree, the extra leftover has always been a nice little bonus but it was a ridiculous amount since the patch when they changed it.
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

I went back to check the patch notes, but didn't see any mention of it (other than the 1.2 notes saying contracts were tweaked). I must have missed it.

Its a shame, because the harvest contracts were a lower hourly pay rate than some other kinds, so it balanced once the extra product was taken into account.
Rasping rabbit

Post by Rasping rabbit »

paul_c wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:05 pm I went back to check the patch notes, but didn't see any mention of it (other than the 1.2 notes saying contracts were tweaked). I must have missed it.

Its a shame, because the harvest contracts were a lower hourly pay rate than some other kinds, so it balanced once the extra product was taken into account.
“Contract bonus yield is too high - enjoy it while it lasts”

From the 1.2 patch notes.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/newsA ... ews_id=314
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

Speaking of contracts, since Patch 1.3 I've been getting contracts to deliver products to production facilities I own. I had a contract to harvest X field of Canola and deliver it to my oil mill... Oats to My cereal factory and grain mill. I put in my own grain mill and cereal factory because I didn't like the locations that Giant's put theirs in. So I put the new ones in a more central location and made sure they were easy to access by the large "load King" semi trailers. Today I started a new month and have two contracts asking me to mow and make silage bales for the BGA, which I also own. Pre-Patch 1.3 I don't recall having any contracts asking me to deliver product to facilities I own. I've had silage contract for these two fields before but that was before I owned the BGA. Once I owned the BGA the contracts were to deliver hay to the animal dealer or the farmers market. Has anyone else encountered this??
I didn't end up doing the Canola contracts as I had just finished filling the Oil Mill with my own Canola and there was/would have been no room for it (or so I'm assuming). Had the facility not been full, I'd have done the contracts. I'm not sure if this would constitute cheating or not based on the fact that I'd only have been paid for the contract and not received any extra cash for surplus product. However in the long run I'd have made a lot more because the value of the Canola Oil would have been a lot more than the value of the Canola??
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
paul_c

Post by paul_c »

deerefarm wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:23 pm Pre-Patch 1.3 I don't recall having any contracts asking me to deliver product to facilities I own.
Others have reported contracts for their own facilities previously, so its not related to patch 1.3 .
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

paul_c wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:40 pm
deerefarm wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:23 pm Pre-Patch 1.3 I don't recall having any contracts asking me to deliver product to facilities I own.
Others have reported contracts for their own facilities previously, so its not related to patch 1.3 .
Thanks Paul, didn't know that. I still haven't made up my mind as to whether it's an exploit or not.... :shock:
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
DEERE318

Post by DEERE318 »

lawm wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:41 pm Sounds like they moved the bar closer to the "simulator" aspect. I always thought it was goofy that I can just take all of this leftover product and profit from it
From what I've heard, grain elevators don't care who they give money to.

But yes, it seems strange that you can keep some crop and still get paid for harvesting it.
razrbx

Post by razrbx »

It was 84% for years in FS 19. Contracts were one of great ways to get ahead and build your empire. In FS 22 between the crazy equipment maintenance, poor contract selection, and now this “fix” to harvest contracts. It’s pointless to do contracts. Coupled with the bale limit, glitchy graphics, constant crashing and slot count issues, I feel like I’ve been *censored* out of $50 by giants. I’m going back to COD and Halo. This game is useless.
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

fllonewulf wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:43 am Prior to the 1.3 patch, a harvest contract would result in 84% contract completion when the entire field was harvest and no product was delivered to the sell point. Now in 1.3, that contract completion is at 80% when the entire field has been harvested. This results in more product needing to be delivered to complete the contract, and less residual product for the player. You would need 25% more product to complete the contract, which virtually eliminates any residual harvest, making harvesting contracts much less appealing.

Is this an unintended effect of contract progress notification (bug), a fix to an incorrectly functioning system (fix), or an intentional undocumented change (nerf)?
I did a field 32 contract on Elm Creek(on easy) last night, $11k contract and I got around 5k liters of residual crop so wouldn't say its nerfed but definitely reduced since pre 1.3.