Here comes the precision

lawm

Re: Here comes the precision

Post by lawm »

So what if we do lol
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm really excited and looking forward to having precision farming back and available in FS22. If for no other reason then to have the features of the dynamic mini-map when performing tasks like harvesting, fertilising, seeding and lime spreading. Being able to see and track your progress on the mini-map whilst your actively driving and doing the task was so much better then constantly having to go in and out of the main map screen and mess with the field/soil overlays. It's probably the one feature I've missed most in FS22's base game so far, and can't figure out why Giants only include the dynamic mini map in the Precision Farming DLC and didn't make that a base game gameplay feature.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

when you say precision farming to a farmer, first and foremost above all else, it starts with GPS, without GPS there is no precision, as it is that which drives everything else.

so a second iteration of putting the cart before the horse.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Beanbrother

Post by Beanbrother »

Well gps in the base game is a dead horse. Problem is we all keep beating it.
crash

Post by crash »

No it isn't, a free worker with witdh of implement recognition is all it is for a simple version that would be equilant to John Deere autotrac basic...

I'm more interested in a HDR fix for the Xbox series s thou........
Xbox series s and pc :gamer:
In Norway
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

b101uk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:28 pm when you say precision farming to a farmer, first and foremost above all else, it starts with GPS, without GPS there is no precision, as it is that which drives everything else.

QFT
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

b101uk wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:28 pm when you say precision farming to a farmer, first and foremost above all else, it starts with GPS, without GPS there is no precision, as it is that which drives everything else.

Guidance Steering Mod = GPS, so problem solved. The Horse has been put back in front of your Cart. You can now Precision Farm your heart out. Though be interesting to see how you do variable manure spreading with a horse.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
mackintosh

Post by mackintosh »

Guidance Steering isn't available on console though, is it?
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

VERY disappointed that after the long wait, it looks to be exactly what we had in 19. WTF did they collaborate with JD, EIT, and the universities with? Just sent an employee there who plays FS and replied with a white paper that said "cool"? Atleast we will now save fertilizer and lime product when running the AI and now have variable yield in the field. I pray these new features are all moddable, and soil sampling can be added to CoursePlay - this could open some incredible possibilities.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 2:08 pm

Guidance Steering Mod = GPS, so problem solved. The Horse has been put back in front of your Cart. You can now Precision Farm your heart out. Though be interesting to see how you do variable manure spreading with a horse.
not available on consoles and it doesn't tie into the aspects of the precision farming DLC, like it would if Giants were to make it which would also grant it to consoles too.

likewise Guidance Steering via GPS in itself doesn't have to tie into ANY control aspect, and can often be a stand alone function.

maybe for FS24 Giants will finally put the precision into the precision farming DLC.

just think, they could do e.g. 3 grades of GPS each with their own price-point, and function set.
basic guidance (no auto steer) ~30cm CEP
auto steer guidance with ~15cm CEP that ties into basic yield mapping, has some rudimentary headland programmability, has a notional yearly subscription cost.
full RTK guidance, with ~5cm CEP, has all the bells and whistles and integration into appropriate tractors/harvesters/sprayers, and an even bigger notional yearly subscription cost.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Loicdu41120

Gps ps5

Post by Loicdu41120 »

hello will there be a gps mods on ps5 in fs 22 please?
Mwal

Re: Gps ps5

Post by Mwal »

Loicdu41120 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:08 am hello will there be a gps mods on ps5 in fs 22 please?
Extremely unlikely, mods like that require scripts and they aren’t allowed on consoles
rmab79

Post by rmab79 »

Mwal wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:18 pm
Loicdu41120 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:08 am hello will there be a gps mods on ps5 in fs 22 please?
Extremely unlikely, mods like that require scripts and they aren’t allowed on consoles
A DLC is not a common mod, it is uploaded to the consoles store and in that place scripts are allowed as they are checked by consoles manufacturer, scripts are not allowed in the in game modhub, as sony or microsoft haven't control over that contents.

Then, if Giants wants, it is possible that the DLC includes GPS functionallity but it is like they don't want to include this in the Precision DLC.

For me, and for many others, GPS is the base of precision farming and without it the concept of precision farming is very reduce.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I've noted this before, but here goes, again: GPS or Auto-Drive implementation: One click on the "AI-worker" button puts you in GPS or auto-drive, BUT, you must stay in the tractor/implement/etc. If you click to switch vehicles, you get a "do you want to hire a worker for this task" option. Seems like it should be doable...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

rmab79 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:29 pm A DLC is not a common mod, it is uploaded to the consoles store and in that place scripts are allowed as they are checked by consoles manufacturer, scripts are not allowed in the in game modhub, as sony or microsoft haven't control over that contents.

Then, if Giants wants, it is possible that the DLC includes GPS functionallity but it is like they don't want to include this in the Precision DLC.

For me, and for many others, GPS is the base of precision farming and without it the concept of precision farming is very reduce.
Have you read the precision dlc? Doesn't say anything about GPS again, just like fs19 they didn't add it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.