CB helper mod

Drmattymd

CB helper mod

Post by Drmattymd »

Anybody else discover this new mod that adds a fun bit of realism to the game. Instead of just getting a notification in the hud, helpers will hit you up on the old CB or two-way and let you know they finished etc. Also gives occasional weather updates and other bits of info.
Playing on PC and PS4
hpmc13

Re: CB helper mod

Post by hpmc13 »

I did try this one, and it is pretty neat. Unfortunately, on my save, it threw a lot of errors so removed it. It's a nice concept, though.
Playing on PC
dan1109

Post by dan1109 »

I tried it, but CoursePlay went crazy for some reason...hundreds $$$ per second, and not following my course, nor using the implements. Removed ASAP.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

What version of CP are you on? It's working fine for me on the latest version
Playing on PC and PS4
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

I tried the first version, it kicked out a LUA CALLSTACK error and broke the game. CNTRL ALT DEL it to get out. Looks like he released a new version so going to give it a go later today. I believe it's an awesome mod and adds alot of ambiance to the game, it's well worth pursuing.
You don't have to be a farmer to be outstanding in your field. But it helps.
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Getting alot of errors loading a save game map
D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/Mods/FS22_AutoDrive/drawing/marker_3.i3d (7.37 ms)
2022-03-05 15:36 Error: Can't load sample 'D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Farming Simulator 22/Mods/FS22_CbRadioHelper/sounds/en/en/breakerBreaker.ogg'.
Buzz2112

Post by Buzz2112 »

Just a couple of LUA errors on a quick load of a save game, going to put it through the test in a play session later today...Hope it works and plays nicely with my other 252 mods, like I said it's a well worth having mod and I hope it works

2022-03-05 15:47 CBRadioHelper micCB sampleToPlay: 155842
2022-03-05 15:47 Error: Running LUA method 'mouseEvent'.
Mods/FS22_CbRadioHelper/scripts/CBRadioHelper.lua:1580: attempt to concatenate a nil value

2022-03-05 15:44 CBRadioHelper micCB sampleToPlay: 155838
2022-03-05 15:44 Error: Running LUA method 'mouseEvent'.
Mods/FS22_CbRadioHelper/scripts/CBRadioHelper.lua:1580: attempt to concatenate a nil value
mountainman

Post by mountainman »

I can confirm both versions of this mod conflicts with autodrive causing loss of most controls, the speedometer and vehicle controls in the upper left help panel are stuck on the screen when you exit the vehicle and you will lose tons of money real fast. I tried a fresh game on Elm creek and I only had this mod, course play and autodrive loaded. Courseplay worked fine but when I would send the combine to another field it would lock up. I didn't have any issues sending other vehicles with AD when I tested it, just the combine. Should also note that you don't get the cb chatter when you use AD and the AI are still named a,b,c, etc. when they are supposed to be named. I hope it gets sorted out. It would add some much needed life to the A.I.
Mountainman
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

mountainman wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:30 am I can confirm both versions of this mod conflicts with autodrive causing loss of most controls, the speedometer and vehicle controls in the upper left help panel are stuck on the screen when you exit the vehicle and you will lose tons of money real fast. I tried a fresh game on Elm creek and I only had this mod, course play and autodrive loaded. Courseplay worked fine but when I would send the combine to another field it would lock up. I didn't have any issues sending other vehicles with AD when I tested it, just the combine. Should also note that you don't get the cb chatter when you use AD and the AI are still named a,b,c, etc. when they are supposed to be named. I hope it gets sorted out. It would add some much needed life to the A.I.
I finally got this error you said you encountered but it only happens when I try to send the combine somewhere with Autodrive, I've used a lot of other things with AD and works fine
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

It also creates a problem with the base game auger when trying to fill the grain bin. It would only unload so much into the bin then stop and wouldn't unload any more until I restart the game. Switched to the Westfield auger, a mod I think, and it seems to be ok
Playing on PC and PS4
mountainman

Post by mountainman »

Version 1.02 is out. I did a quick test and it wasn't locking up the controls with autodrive and combines. I will have to try it on one of my save games later and see how it goes. Still no names for A.I.
Mountainman
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Good to know! I saw the update but it didnt mention anything about fixing that. I'll go ahead and download it
Playing on PC and PS4
mountainman

Post by mountainman »

I played a couple of different maps tonight with all my mods enabled and didn't have any issues.👍
Mountainman
Denhalen

Post by Denhalen »

I tried the latest version of CB helper in combination of AD and Courseplay. But sadly as soon as I hire a standard helper, he or she just sits there. The engine idles and does nothing. I guess Autodrive doesn't like CB helper. Let's hope this issue gets resolved in the future.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Denhalen wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:18 pm I tried the latest version of CB helper in combination of AD and Courseplay. But sadly as soon as I hire a standard helper, he or she just sits there. The engine idles and does nothing. I guess Autodrive doesn't like CB helper. Let's hope this issue gets resolved in the future.
Working fine for me. My question is why are you bothering with standard helpers when you have courseplay and autodrive?
Playing on PC and PS4